The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #101
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As long as they give Leo a character arc in Season 1 where they show him maturing and starting to assume the role of the leader, and they balance out the Turtles roles and Splinter starts training them later, I'm fine with this direction for now.
I can see this happening, I can also see the opposite happening. That line of Leo's in the trailer asking if they had gotten training sounds like obvious sarcasm to me. I really think Leo is just tired of the burden of leader and becomes this wierd jokester. I'm thinking like Yoda in Empire Strikes Back when Luke first meets him. Some annoying, cackling dude who thinks he's hilarious, yet when the action comes, and it's time to fight, its obvious that he's the most skilled one.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #102
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

So If you have Comcast you can watch the Rise premier now... which I just did... and I wish I hadn't...

I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other and let others form their own opinion but... it's mostly because I'm just blown away the 2012 turtles got dumped for the garbage fire I just witnessed.

The weapons thing was explained at least... everything else just... I'll be interested to see what everyone else thinks. Donnie was honestly the only tolerable character followed by April and maybe Leo. Splinter just... God I want to go in a corner and cry.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:27 PM   #103
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You can just spill the beans, just put it in spoiler tags. I’m interested to read your opinion.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #104
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
So If you have Comcast you can watch the Rise premier now... which I just did... and I wish I hadn't...

I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other and let others form their own opinion but... it's mostly because I'm just blown away the 2012 turtles got dumped for the garbage fire I just witnessed.

The weapons thing was explained at least... everything else just... I'll be interested to see what everyone else thinks. Donnie was honestly the only tolerable character followed by April and maybe Leo. Splinter just... God I want to go in a corner and cry.
You watched the 1st episode already? Well, on the bright side at-least I'll be fun and the animation is stellar. Even if the show is extremely corny to watch.

Last edited by Xiewin; 07-19-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:01 AM   #105
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post

Was it a full 22 minute episode? 2 episodes? Just mystic mayhem?
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:16 AM   #106
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

http://www.nick.com/rise-of-the-teen...-full-episode/

Yup, full episode is on nick.com.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:19 AM   #107
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Ugh, I just get redirected to the Norwegian website... which is a useless site
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:21 AM   #108
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Ugh, I just get redirected to the Norwegian website... which is a useless site
You could use a VPN.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:24 AM   #109
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Eh, I'll just yarr harr on the pirate sea
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #110
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I've actually never done a spoiler tag before.. how do you do It?

It was just Mystic Mayhem, a two parter so it was a full 22 min episode basically. It was very fast paced. No major introduction at all to April and the turtles so I'm guessing they will either not address that or have a flashback episode later as to how she met the turtles.

It was all the bad parts of invader zim and the tolerable parts of teen titans rolled into one abortion. The thing that upset me the most was Splinter. I already wasn't a fan of his design but for the introduction of what appears to be his normal personality is a mockery of Splinter in every way shape and form. I literally felt triggered for the first time in my life.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #111
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Just watched the episode. Alright, I'll eat crow on what I've said before, that definitely was not what I was expecting...

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #112
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

The show had a lot of nice eye candy and nice animation. Very colorful. I like how they toned down Mikey's goofiness and Raph is more lovable but didn't they go and have to make him into a total buffoon. Yeah, as a Raph fan, I'm disappointed. I'll skip this one.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #113
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

They made Splinter into a ****ing joke. How do you go from the amazing Hoon Lee Splinter to this. Seriously.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #114
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
They made Splinter into a ****ing joke. How do you go from the amazing Hoon Lee Splinter to this. Seriously.
That's what I'm saying... i literally can't even talk about it on Facebook because the social justice warriors are attacking me for criticizing the pilot.

I really am curious to see everyone's input about it. I can't be the only one who was blindsided by this. I tried to keep a positive attitude as long as I could but I'm really not getting on board with this series at this point.

I wouldn't say it caters to the lowest common denominator but damn close to it. I'm just aftaid with today's day and age this isn't all us older fans have for the next 4 or 5 years... I can't believe we lost the 2012 turtles for this. Ugh...

Old 07-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #115
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Only watched the 1st ep so far but as i said before, i really hope that this series doesnt last beyond 1 season.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #116
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
Only watched the 1st ep so far but as i said before, i really hope that this series doesnt last beyond 1 season.
What didn't you like about it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #117
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I knew it! I knew Warren Stone would be my favorite bad guy! Rock on, little worm!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #118
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What didn't you like about it?
As a quick edit, put my thoughts in the spoiler
Spoiler:
Well, the biggest thing was that their level of fighting skills is kinda pathetic (excluding dons) - leos attempt at that flip or watever off of the cement truck during the 1st fight looked seriously painful and couldve been better executed as a example, at least he managed to stick the landing when they fell through that tunnel-gateway. When mikey and raph tried that "ninja sneak" but were still in plain sight was also pathetic. Granted, when raph said that line about picking on someone his size, it kinda does make me almost laugh but more in mockery than anything else.

Yeah, i know their supposed to be starting out fighting and so on in this but come on, they should at the very least be slightly more skilled than april... I dont care for how they blew off that whole "black market buy" just to cannonball in some rooftop pool at the beginning either. And dont even get me started with how leo ended up trapping himself in those portals.... Yeah, i get that mystic weapons are more unpredictable but still, he couldve tried shifting his body angle so he could grasp the edge of the floor/watever.

Aside from that, the overall art style isnt bad (not counting character design in that).

If i watch any more eps, itll prob mainly be of the background environments..

Last edited by Ashwolf; 07-20-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #119
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Turtles being poor fighters makes sense, not only are they just starting out, but Splinter is a lazy bum in this series instead of training them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #120
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I knew it! I knew Warren Stone would be my favorite bad guy! Rock on, little worm!
The Turtles keep forgetting who he is, reminds me of the 2012 turtles forgetting Baxter Stockman's name.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rise of the tmnt