Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Martin Shkreli Selling $2 Million Wu-Tang Clan Album on eBay

https://411mania.com/music/martin-sh...an-album-ebay/

Quote:
According to TMZ, Martin Shkreli is selling the Wu-Tang Clan’s album, “Once Upon a Time in Shaolin,” which he bought for $2 million. On eBay. The starting bid was set at $1. Shkreli was convicted in his securities fraud case last month, and faced the possibility of having his precious album seized by federal authorities for possible restitution. In the description for the sale, Shkreli says he’ll pay up to $25,000 in legal fees related to the sale, but also says he reserves the right to pull out of the deal at any time.

You can check out the listing ; the price is currently up to $100,300.50. Here is the description included on the sale…

This is the one and only Wu-Tang album.

I decided to purchase this album as a gift to the Wu-Tang Clan for their tremendous musical output. Instead I received scorn from at least one of their (least-intelligent) members, and the world at large failed to see my purpose of putting a serious value behind music. I will be curious to see if the world values music nearly as much as I have. I have donated to many rock bands and rappers over the years to ensure they can continue to produce their art when few others would.

At any time I may cancel this sale and I may even break this album in frustration. I will donate half of the sale proceeds to medical research. I am not selling to raise cash–my companies and I have record amounts of cash on hand. I hope someone with a bigger heart for music can be found for this one-of-a-kind piece and makes it available for the world to hear.

Martin Shkreli

Upon sale, I will represent & warranty any copies of the music I have will be destroyed. I have not carefully listened to the album, which is a double CD. There is also a finely crafted booklet which you can read about elsewhere. I will pay legal expenses for the buyer up to $25,000 to ensure the final purchase details are mutually agreeable.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote