The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Breaking Bad: the movie

So it's actually happening:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bre...ks-1203021681/

The plot is only said to be that the movie “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” The further adventures of Jesse Pinkman? I think if they're literally going to call this "Breaking Bad," though, that absolutely they will involve Bryan Cranston... and Walter White will live on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So it's actually happening:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bre...ks-1203021681/

The plot is only said to be that the movie “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” The further adventures of Jesse Pinkman? I think if they're literally going to call this "Breaking Bad," though, that absolutely they will involve Bryan Cranston... and Walter White will live on.
I saw this yesterday, and I am absolutely fvcking on board for a Jesse Pinkman sequel.

Probably a lot of Walter White flashbacks, but Heisenberg is dead... I hope they don't retcon that!
Old 11-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I saw this yesterday, and I am absolutely fvcking on board for a Jesse Pinkman sequel.
Definitely sounds like it will primarily be a Plinkman sequel. Maybe we'll get Gene, too!

From Cranston himself, who has been given a copy of the script but hasn't read it yet (which could be taken one of two ways):

https://theplaylist.net/breaking-bad...paul-20181107/

Quote:
Probably a lot of Walter White flashbacks, but Heisenberg is dead... I hope they don't retcon that!
It's most likely that he died but we don't know that he died. He was laying there near death but the cops were going to storm in there within seconds... and possibly would be able save him. I mean, we want him to be dead because that was a relatively perfect bookend to the show and his arc... but if Vince Gilligan has truly cooked up a suitable continuation for him? I dunno, I'd be down for that.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-07-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Definitely sounds like it will primarily be a Plinkman sequel. Maybe we'll get Gene, too!

From Cranston himself, who has been given a copy of the script but hasn't read it yet (which could be taken one of two ways):

https://theplaylist.net/breaking-bad...paul-20181107/

It's most likely that he died but we don't know that he died. He was laying there near death but the cops were going to storm in there within seconds... and possibly able save him. I mean, we want him to be dead because that was a relatively perfect bookend to the show and his arc... but if Vince Gilligan has truly cooked up a suitable continuation for him? I dunno, I'd be down for that.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Gene! And Jane, too. And that Hispanic chick from the later seasons... man, Jesse has a LOT of deaths weighing on him.

Yeah, Walter could have been saved. It'd feel like a bit of a cheat, but if Gilligan has future plans for him, I trust him to deliver.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They've been done filming for a while now.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...already-filmed
Old 08-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

so ready for this
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetofganja View Post

so ready for this
oh fvck yes!!!
Old 08-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah man. This show really had some great characters. And so much humor in it for a drama; I'm gonna try to start rewatching today.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Interesting... how many people did Walter White kill in that last shootout? Was it 8 or 9? Because if it's 9... why is there 0 mention of Walter White in this news report?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

Interesting... how many people did Walter White kill in that last shootout? Was it 8 or 9? Because if it's 9... why is there 0 mention of Walter White in this news report?
I understand it as nobody knows for sure WHO pulled the trigger (relatively speaking).

Maybe Jesse, our person of interest, killed all 8 Neo-Nazis and one Walter White.

I hope Jesse gets a happier ending than any other Breaking Bad main character.

Walt, Hank, Gus, Saul, Mike... nobody gets out alive...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Maybe Jesse, our person of interest, killed all 8 Neo-Nazis and one Walter White.
I'd never even considered that. That'd be pretty f***ed up, him taking the rap for that.

Wait, how would they even know he was there, though?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

So there is no time skip? Jessie’s actor is like 10+ years older than he was when the show ended, how are they going to pass it off that this is the next day or week or whatever?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'd never even considered that. That'd be pretty f***ed up, him taking the rap for that.

Wait, how would they even know he was there, though?
Well, Jesse was on the DEA's $hit list for a long time thanks to Hank. Maybe there was security camera footage and Pinkman was recognized?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So there is no time skip? Jessie’s actor is like 10+ years older than he was when the show ended, how are they going to pass it off that this is the next day or week or whatever?
"Better Call Saul" has been doing that for 5 years, and that's even set before "Breaking Bad." In fact, "Better Call Saul" season 5 just wrapped 3 days ago. https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...rry-nacho-fans

I think it will at least be "a few months later," since we see Jessie living in what looks like a rat's nest of his own making in a behind the scenes pic. It looks rather lived in.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #15
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

That teaser indicates it takes place immediately after the series so the whole person interest thing makes sense. After they process the scene they will then know for sure Jesse Pinkman was there due to finger prints left behind. Also remember Todd was strangled not shot. It probably wouldn’t take the police too long to put the whole thing together. Jesse isn’t likely to get far in the el Camino either. I can’t wait for this.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Full trailer just came out:

Old 09-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Full trailer just came out:

I love that we have no idea what's going to happen. Hardly any clues, just tons of wild speculation.

This gonna be good.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I love that we have no idea what's going to happen. Hardly any clues, just tons of wild speculation.

This gonna be good.
Still betting on "Jessie tripping balls, gets visited by a lot of dead people." But as to how he gets out of trouble, or if he does? Yeesh. No idea.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Still betting on "Jessie tripping balls, gets visited by a lot of dead people." But as to how he gets out of trouble, or if he does? Yeesh. No idea.
If by tripping balls, you mean PTSD hallucinations, sure. But I really doubt Jesse would go back to drugs after everything they've caused in his life.

Except he's back with Skinny Pete and Badger. Which maybe means he's regressing, with nowhere else to go in his life or physically? Yikes.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

So besides Jesse being on the run from the police, who exactly is he going after in this? Everyone is dead.

Walt is dead, Gus is dead, the whole Salemanca operation is dead, Mike is dead, Todd and all those Nazi's in the last season are dead, most of the drug cartels we've seen in the show are dead.

I mean I guess Saul is still around, but I don't see why Jesse would go after him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote