The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

zelda Games

Finally getting too Link Between Worlds. I can't believe that game is 5 years old already. and I still havn't even TOUCHED phantom Hourglass.

Sigh.

And Skyward Sword I've still only just beat the first temple recently.

Zelda games are so much fun, but such a DAMN pain to play. Ifind I can't play it without a walkthrough, and as such, they take a while to get around too and beat. sigh.

although, if they where all as easy to figure out as between worlds has been so far..it'd be nicer....

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've played and beaten Zelda 1, gotten not terribly far into Zelda 2 and gave up (but I've watched someone beat it), beaten Zelda: A Link to the Past at least twice, beaten Zelda: Link's Awakening, beat Ocarina of Time, started playing Majora's Mask but lost interest in it, dabbled a bit in the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games but lost interest, got pretty far into Zelda: Wink Waker but also lost interest in it, started playing Twilight Princess but lost interest in it, and finally started playing Skyward Sword and just kind of stopped playing it.

Haven't played any since.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've played and beaten Zelda 1, gotten not terribly far into Zelda 2 and gave up (but I've watched someone beat it), beaten Zelda: A Link to the Past at least twice, beaten Zelda: Link's Awakening, beat Ocarina of Time, started playing Majora's Mask but lost interest in it, dabbled a bit in the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games but lost interest, got pretty far into Zelda: Wink Waker but also lost interest in it, started playing Twilight Princess but lost interest in it, and finally started playing Skyward Sword and just kind of stopped playing it.

Haven't played any since.
They are all pretty much the same game, but with newer skins each time. that's the one small problem with the zelda series.

I've beaten all of them except for the first gameboy DX game....Phantom Hourglass, the train one, Worlds, and Skyward.

I keep saying i'm going to stop playing these things cause they take so much time up and are basically all the same... but the gameplay is easy enough to get through them. it's just figuring out what to do that's annoying.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm actually working through Link Between Worlds right now, for the second time. Just got to Lorule Castle.

Breath of the Wild is my favorite for sure, if only because I enjoy having a lot of freedom to just do anything I want.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Zelda games are so much fun, but such a DAMN pain to play. Ifind I can't play it without a walkthrough, and as such, they take a while to get around too and beat. sigh.

although, if they where all as easy to figure out as between worlds has been so far..it'd be nicer....
Zelda games are extremely easy to get into as Nintendo makes them accessible to kids of all ages. Assuming you're just talking about the main quest and not collecting all the Heart Pieces or every sidequest, there's no reason a fully grown adult man should be having trouble with them.

And most Zelda games at least pre-Breath of the Wild take only 20 hours to get through the main story. (again not counting if you want to collect everything). I don't see why it would "take too long to beat."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
Vegita-San
Emperor

I can't beleive Link Between Worlds.

Not only was I able to complete the dungeons with ZERO walk throughs (other than to check to see if I missed anything)....but I beat it in under 4 days.

Easiest Zelda game ever. No pointless side quests to detract from the action. easy to solve puzzles.

I wish MORE where like this. it was more like a zelda/mario game than a traditional zelda game. much more fun.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Did you do the maiamai sidequest?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

I got about 60 of them. I probably would have gotten all of them, but i didn't figure out how to get the ones off the walls until MUCH later in the game, and by then i didn't feel like going around and getting the rest.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I got all 100 pretty easily, save for some little frustrations.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I got all 100 pretty easily, save for some little frustrations.
I did find a cheap golden bee though. I thought i'd get a heart container out of it.

ugh

Old 04-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #11
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, seems i finally got the zelda bug in. a few days later and i'm finally almost halfway through skyward sword.

sure took long enough.

I JUST exited the thunderhead and am trying to get the stupid fun fun minigame down so I can get the heart piece from the air shop.

The third dungeon was amazingly well designed, but a royal pain in the ass to do. almost two hours....ugh.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #12
Vegita-San
Emperor

groose is an interesting character, might be the first to get as much development beside zelda and link too...as far as link's fellow species go.

almost done with SS finally. only took 7 years. hopefully not as long to beat breath of wild.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #13
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, finally beat SS.

Once you get past the VERY shaky controls, it is a rewarding game. probably one of my favorites. up there with twighlight princess and the Wind Waker.

I did beat all 11 enemies in the Battle Royal. but, after honing my skills so much, i'm not ready to give the game up just yet. so playing through my first ever hero mode.

It's SOOO much nicer playing a game when nyou know what to do. no need for walkthroughs. and it goes MUCH faster. started two days ago, already almost up to the 4th temple. so close to halfway. I think I'll stop for a while after I get up to the battle royal section again though. that's enough zelda for now .

Old 04-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

You almost never need a guide to beat a Zelda game. If you really have that much trouble figuring out what to do or where to go, I guess adventure games aren't your thing. 10 years olds play and beat Zelda games without guides. I can understand if you're stuck on a puzzle in a particular dungeon, but just knowing where to go is easy. You're basically told and conditioned by the game where you're supposed to head next.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

At some point, I do want to get my own Switch and not have to borrow it from a friend to play my game.

It's one I really enjoy a lot...especially with the element of just getting to waste time looking for Koroks in increasingly bizarre places.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:26 PM   #16
frank_one
Mad Scientist

The Super Mario Bros. one had two games on it so this is an improvement. But yeah, there's no reason they couldn't have used the colorized version of link's awakening, weird choice.
These Game & Watch are cool but at $50? No, thanks.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #17
Galactus
Foot Elite

Skyward Sword is the only mainline Zelda game I've never finished. I usually 100% Zeldas but as much as I tried I just could never get into it. It wasn't just the the motion controls either but I found the story boring and linearity of it took a lot of the fun of exploring away. I got quite far in but got stuck on a dungeon and went "life's too short" and never touched it again. I've read some passionate defenses of the game recently and I'd be willing to give it a second chance but I don't know if I'd be willing to fork out the price of a new game just to see if my opinion has changed.

I enjoyed Breath of the Wild much better but at the risk of sounded like I'm impossible to please it was a bit too open world. There isn't really much of a story either just the awakened memories which were dull. I do hope that they make it a more story driven and a tad more linear.

Interesting that they are using the concepts of islands in the sky again. Perhaps a good way to include new areas while still using the same map. I'm guessing this is something if a sequel to SS as it also looks like they are using the robots from that game. Also is just it me but towards the end of the trailer the sound effects sounded like the ones used in Twilight Princess just as the area converts to Twilight? I'd be up for concepts from that game returning.

As for the Game & Watch that's a hard pass. The first two games are hardly something you'd want to play on the go and it's pretty weak as a pure collectible. Maybe if they'd included A Link to the Past to cover all the classic 2D Zelda games but otherwise it's a no from me.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-17-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:41 PM   #18
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

As for the Game & Watch that's a hard pass. The first two games are hardly something you'd want to play on the go and it's pretty weak as a pure collectible. Maybe if they'd included A Link to the Past to cover all the classic 2D Zelda games but otherwise it's a no from me.
A Link the Past would require more than just an A and B button. So I wouldn't have expected it to be on the Game & Watch.

I don't need it anyway myself. I already have Zelda 1 & 2 on my New 3DS XL, and a working COLORIZED Link's Awakening cartridge that I can play on my GBA SP.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:47 PM   #19
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
A Link the Past would require more than just an A and B button. So I wouldn't have expected it to be on the Game & Watch.

I don't need it anyway myself. I already have Zelda 1 & 2 on my New 3DS XL, and a working COLORIZED Link's Awakening cartridge that I can play on my GBA SP.
Good point although I'm sure they could make it work somehow. Some of the first era designs has more buttons if I remember correctly so they could use that. Maybe it's easier on their budget but I'm surprised that they went with the basic model Game & Watch design for these re-releases instead of the more well loved clam shell and dual screen design that inspired the GBAsp and DS.

Heck I think Nintendo is missing a trick not re-releasing actual Game & Watches as collectibles. Cheap to make and the better known games would sell pretty well.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Good point although I'm sure they could make it work somehow. Some of the first era designs has more buttons if I remember correctly so they could use that. Maybe it's easier on their budget but I'm surprised that they went with the basic model Game & Watch design for these re-releases instead of the more well loved clam shell and dual screen design that inspired the GBAsp and DS.

Heck I think Nintendo is missing a trick not re-releasing actual Game & Watches as collectibles. Cheap to make and the better known games would sell pretty well.
They are just re-using the same mold from the Mario G&W, two birds one stone, they already have the molds, the roms are free it'll be very profitable to them. It's a shame that these don't actually include the real G&W Mario or Zelda games but that would require effort. I love nintendo but they're lazy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote