Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Omg. Lmao. You and him are mirror images of each other.

I wouldn't consider 2k3 'next mutation 2' but it is pretty forgettable. I blame the last 3 seasons. Especially when the writes themselves felt they couldn't come up with other seasons unless it relied on some kind of gimmick.
It is forgettable, but not for any reasons the show did.

I have friends to this day that never knew there was a Turtles cartoon in 2003, there are some that wouldn't know about the Nick cartoon unless I told them about it some three months ago, and both are for the same reason.

Because neither are/were advertised or promoted outside of the network. Nickelodeon doesn't run any ads about their show outside Nick, hell they barely do it on their own network. The only time they promote the show is when the show is on.

Fox did the same with the 2K3 show. I already knew about the show, but if I didn't I would have never known about the show because they never promoted it outside the network or outside Saturday morning. I saw more ads for the toys than the show itself, and for all we know that was their plan to sell the toys first and the ratings for the show was a bonus.

But when you don't promote the show on other networks, how do you expect new people to see it? When you only advertise to a remote amount of people, it's safe to conclude that only a remote amount of people will watch the show. And with 50 billion channels now a days, it's even harder to do to the point networks don't even try for you're only getting a slight percentage more of people to see the ads.

The '87 show benefited from "Less is More", only about 6-8 channels back in the day, so everybody and their dog saw and heard about the show at some point. Early millennium to today is almost impossible to promote and advertise.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote