The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-07-2016, 09:44 PM   #81
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Goddammit. Alan Young is still going strong though, at least keep him as Scrooge. Although, he is 96. I can understand Disney not wanting to use him in case he dies halfway through production. Sad, but true.

Hmm, I had never realized that was Alan Young before- though now that you mention it I always thought his voice was familiar. Who'd have ever thought Uncle Scrooge was also Wilbur Post?! (aka Mister Ed's owner)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #82
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I've met Alan Young and June Foray, both wonderful people. But I can understand why they are recasting them, for the reasons mentioned. They could have kept everyone else though...
Old 03-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #83
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
Funny thing , I actually just bought all 3 volumes on Amazon and have started to watch them with my daughter before school And I'm really enjoying watching these again. What is this about the final volume not released ?
The last 2 seasons of the original show were never released on DVD. 25 episodes in total. The region 2 sets also have 7 episodes missing (I therefore own the region 1 sets).

They can be found online through "not exactly legal" means. Hopefully if the new show does well Disney will release volume 4, or even re-release the entire series. It could do with a re-master.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #84
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

FYI....you can purchase every episode of DuckTales including the ones that weren't released on DVD on iTunes now.

Now they need to release the rest of the Darkwing Duck episodes not on DVD.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:30 AM   #85
Mayhem
Foot Elite

You were able to do that with a few of the DA shows on Amazon Prime for a while, but I believe they've been taken off.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #86
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

They finally revealed the creative team behind the new series:

Quote:
The upcoming series will be executive-produced by Annie Award nominee Matt Youngberg (Ben 10: Omniverse). The story editor and co-producer is Francisco Angones (Disney XD’s Emmy Award-nominated Wander Over Yonder) and the art director is Sean Jimenez (Disney XD’s Annie Award-winning Gravity Falls). Disney Television Animation is the production company.
Plus some new artwork:

http://www.animationscoop.com/disney...-art-revealed/
Old 07-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #87
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I'm so excited for this!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #88
retr0pia75
Foot Soldier

I'm still reserving judgement on this, but I really love the direction they're taking with the art style. It has that classic Carl Barks style but it also has a bit of the look of the recent Mickey shorts as well.
If only Alan Young was still around for this, only then that would seal the deal 100% for me.
retr0pia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #89
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Looks okay to me. Kind of curious how it'll turn out. I really loved the original series, and I am glad that they're using Webby (I feel like the only person in the world who actually liked her character), so yeah. It is sad that Alan Young passed away, though.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

It'll probably be a toned down version of the original with worse humor same as the Powerpuff Girls reboot. I don't trust them to get it right. The kids of today need "loud" in your face humor popularized by Spongebob and Family Guy. This cartoon came out in the olden days when humor in kids cartoon was more about satire or more subtle.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #91
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It'll probably be a toned down version of the original with worse humor same as the Powerpuff Girls reboot. I don't trust them to get it right. The kids of today need "loud" in your face humor popularized by Spongebob and Family Guy. This cartoon came out in the olden days when humor in kids cartoon was more about satire or more subtle.
Family Guy isn't a kids show....
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Family Guy isn't a kids show....
But its loud humor. All current kids shows use that type of "loud" humor like Teen Titans Go and so forth.

Look at old cartoons from the 80's and 90's that were intended for kids or were comedies, the humor is more satire based or more tongue and cheek. Same with the original TMNT cartoon compared to the Nick cartoon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #93
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

It looks pretty good and cozy. I might watch it
Old 09-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

New logo

Spoiler:

Also, tune in to Dancing With The Stars tonight as the theme song will be used for one of the couples
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #95
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But its loud humor. All current kids shows use that type of "loud" humor like Teen Titans Go and so forth.

Look at old cartoons from the 80's and 90's that were intended for kids or were comedies, the humor is more satire based or more tongue and cheek. Same with the original TMNT cartoon compared to the Nick cartoon.
You have a point. Most cartoons nowadays have characters just running around screaming a lot with other people running around screaming asking why they're running around screaming. Is there a time that TTG Cyborg isn't screaming?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #96
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Looks cute. I highly doubt they'll just turn it into a random/in your face humor kinda cartoon. I don't see Disney going through the work of reviving an old franchise to do that.

A lot of that kinda humor seems to be with Cartoon Network shows.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 PM   #97
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Who else keeps mentally repeating over and over again, begging the powers that may be, for the show not to suck?

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:27 AM   #98
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Who else keeps mentally repeating over and over again, begging the powers that may be, for the show not to suck?
I am. The one thing that I'm most concerned about, is how Donald's voice will sound. How would it be recognizable as Donald, but not sound too "quacky" or incomprehensible?

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #99
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
I think the show is in good hands. The head producer and story editor are both big fans of Carl Barks. I'm pretty excited for this.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #100
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Awesome, now bring back Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck.
I'm with you on the first show (though I am still contend to let it RIP with how it is) while the second show I can live with either way.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
woo-hoo!