The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #2221
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Are these gonna have a presence at toy fair ?
Old 02-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #2222
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Are these gonna have a presence at toy fair ?
Nah, if anything “maybe” at SDCC.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #2223
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Nah, if anything “maybe” at SDCC.
Fact is, they were a little expensive for what they were, the rollout wasn't very good, and it's been so long that one wonders what kind of market actually remains for these. I'm glad to have the turtles but don't have much desire to build a foot army or anything like that.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #2224
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Fact is, they were a little expensive for what they were, the rollout wasn't very good, and it's been so long that one wonders what kind of market actually remains for these. I'm glad to have the turtles but don't have much desire to build a foot army or anything like that.
100%. They came out the gate hot with a lot of hype but after the delays happen and all the horrible quality control problems with Leonardo ... it was clear that this line dropped the ball immediately for that price point.

I love MONDO for their vinyl and posters and was always hoping they'd put out the 1990 score at some time ... but Waxwork Records beat 'em to the punch, so when it comes to TMNT - they should just stick to their posters.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:35 AM   #2225
Mobius37
Thug

Are the foot soldiers, Shredder and Casey ever going to come out or is this line dead?
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #2226
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i ended buy a few more of these than i expected.

I just was a fan of the design and they were a decent size.

I was really trying to fill the void that NECA wasn't able due to licensing restrictions.

But now that NECA is full force, I'd say these were more expensive than I would've liked to pay.

I bought a bunch of them on sale on amazon.com too, just for the heck of it. one to open, one to keep in the box
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:09 PM   #2227
Slade
god status

I used Sideshow points and got Raph for free. Id have never bought any of them. Nice looking and all, but there's better stuff out there.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #2228
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius37 View Post
Are the foot soldiers, Shredder and Casey ever going to come out or is this line dead?
With how much they dropped the ball originally on the Turtles and how NECA has been dominating the TMNT collector realm ... along with Super7 entering the fray, I'd say the MONDO line is DOA.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 PM   #2229
Mobius37
Thug

Quote:
With how much they dropped the ball originally on the Turtles and how NECA has been dominating the TMNT collector realm ... along with Super7 entering the fray, I'd say the MONDO line is DOA.
That’s a bummer. I was hoping for some scale foot solders and shredder to go with my turtles.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #2230
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Agreed, I for one actually enjoyed this line
Old 05-29-2020, 11:02 PM   #2231
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Yeah I actually was very excited for this line when it was first announced. I pre-ordered Raph and then bought a Mikey later on and I love them. They're a great size to me in 1/6 scale. I personally prefer that to 1/4 scale. I was hoping this line would be the one where I could get characters that I've wanted for years in 1/6 scale such as Splinter, April, Fugitoid, Fly Baxter Stockman, Karai, Mondo Gecko, Slash, Leatherhead, or a Triceraton. And maybe if they did different versions of the TMNT later down the road they could have done Tiger Claw or Armaggon. Because (besides one Splinter made awhile ago) there won't be any statue company that will make any of those characters in the near future, I can tell you that.

I'd love to see the line continue. I feel like they did have some missteps when they launched their very first figure line ever with the turtles. They had problems but they did try to fix them. It was rough but I felt that they learned enough to continue making these figures. And seeing their Batman and Masters of the Universe 1/6 scale figures, I really feel like they could continue the TMNT line with all they've learned.

Anyway, I hope we see the second wave of TMNT figures released and then have the line continue past that as well. Here's hoping.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:09 AM   #2232
Otter
Stone Warrior

I'm still very keen on that Casey.

I was disappointed they went with the varied shades of green, but liked the alternate heads with red masks. I only picked up Raph and Leo. I toyed with getting Mike and Donnie as well, but for the price couldn't justify it.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #2233
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Alright, maybe it's just the gamer in me. DOA mean Dead or Alive?

the 12 inch market has a different nitch. I like larger scale figures.
The problem is MONDO is often over priced. They charge a premium but don't really have the premium quality. The turtles are way more reasonable now that it's around $100 each which I thought it what they are worth instead of $150.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 PM   #2234
Powder
So tired of this place

Dead on arrival.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #2235
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I just asked Brock about them today and he doesn?t even work for Mondo anymore.

He wasn?t sure about the line.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:15 AM   #2236
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I just asked Brock about them today and he doesn?t even work for Mondo anymore.

He wasn?t sure about the line.
That probably says all we need to know.

But as I said, the turtles are cool and I'm glad I have them, but Mondo sort of fumbled the rollout and since then several other companies have filled the void.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #2237
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I?m interested in getting one of the limited edition Donnies by Mondo with the extra accessories. Are there markings on the bottom to tell it is a limited one versus a normal one?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #2238
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I?m interested in getting one of the limited edition Donnies by Mondo with the extra accessories. Are there markings on the bottom to tell it is a limited one versus a normal one?
There were only 500 Donnie exclusives. There will be a Mondo symbol on the box of the figure to show that it is an exclusive. And the exclusive for Donnie was the Gravitic Equalizer, which I really like! My best guess would be to look on eBay for one since they've been sold out on Mondo's site for awhile now.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:04 AM   #2239
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
There were only 500 Donnie exclusives. There will be a Mondo symbol on the box of the figure to show that it is an exclusive. And the exclusive for Donnie was the Gravitic Equalizer, which I really like! My best guess would be to look on eBay for one since they've been sold out on Mondo's site for awhile now.
Do you remember how hot these things were when they first went up for preorder? There was such hype--a real shame Mondo wasn't able to capitalize on that better.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:08 PM   #2240
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Do you remember how hot these things were when they first went up for preorder? There was such hype--a real shame Mondo wasn't able to capitalize on that better.
Yeah I do. I was very hyped when these came out and it was one of the most hyped/nervous times I'd ever had pre-ordering an exclusive item ever in my collecting days. Like you mentioned, it is such a shame that they couldn't capitalize on that hype through the whole four turtle ordering process. With Leo and then Donnie having significant problems in the beginning it just seemed to stall out the trust in the line from anyone besides a few die-hard fans. If we ever hear news of the line continuing, I'd be interested.

Tags
mondo tmnt