The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
Have fun determining your gamer social rank.
You're just upset that you can't join in on the achievements fun because then you, and everyone else, will realize that you don't even play games. You got what, two achievements in Oblivion? Maybe not even that? Did you even escape the dungeon to get the first achievement? I haven't checked your profile in a while.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #2022
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Guitar Hero 3
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #2023
Peanut
Second Gear

I went out to get GH3 yesterday, planning on buying the entire bundle again, which would make it my 4th guitar, luckily they didn't have any left for 360.

I say luckily because had it been there, I would have just bought it, no questions asked. Because it wasn't there, I decided to give the new guitar and the game a spin on the demo they had set up and man...f*cking...terrible. The guitar is the most worthless piece of sh*t I've had the displeasure of holding, and I've held about six different types of GH guitars, including the prototype 360 guitars, and this one is easily the worst. Aside from the guitar itself, the game just feels WRONG. The timing is f*cked and the notes just seem so jumpy and out of whack. I hated it. Hate.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #2024
Jed
Stone Warrior

By timing do you mean like how I was complaining about lag? It's like they sucked the life out of the game. Roll on Rock Band, I won't be touching GH3 with a ten foot barge pole.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #2025
Peanut
Second Gear

That's it, man. After playing it I knew exactly what you were talking about. It completely ruined the game.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #2026
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I got Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

Last edited by Barkworm; 10-29-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #2027
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Oh man what lag are you guys talking about. There isn't all that much difference between 2 and 3.

And this Guitar is my favorite of them all. It's nice and shiny and actually kinda feels real, the others felt like cheap pieces of plastic. THe only thing I don't like about the guitar is the detachable neck because I bet that is going to be a problem connecting sometime down the road.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #2028
twigs232
Random Punk

I just recently bought Carnival Games and Surf's Up for my Wii.
twigs232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #2029
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
Oh man what lag are you guys talking about. There isn't all that much difference between 2 and 3.
I've been playing Guitar Hero since it was a game that needed to be special ordered. It's different.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #2030
Jed
Stone Warrior

I've been playing it since day one when there was a demo unit set up in a shop near me and I've gotten a ton of achievements in GH2 that show I'm more than good at it. I just played the GH3 demo there again and it's definetly different.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #2031
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I just bought Sonic Rush Adventure for the DS. Pretty fun stuff!

Next I plan on buying Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #2032
Peanut
Second Gear

Aside from the little bit of Exit I've been playing off and on (terrific game) I've been absolutely having a blast with Conan on 360. It's like God of War...a LOT like God of War, actually. From the extremely bloody visuals, to the timed button presses, moving painting flashbacks and nekkid ladies. You even get green health orbs, red experience orbs and blue magic orbs.

But you know what? On the whole I actually think I enjoy Conan more. It's super rough around the edges, the story is completely garbage, the boss battles are horribly paced and overly cheap, and stuff like the magic and quick-time events aren't as good, but I fully believe that the combat is better.

It's got the whole light attack/heavy attack/ grapple mechanic thing going on, but it gives you so many more options than GoW. Where GoW is just different combos based on either light or heavy, and then finishing grab moves based on enemy health; Conan takes it to a whole new level, using different weapons and abilities, plus it's got an EXTREMELY satisfying parry system that gives you some of the most brutal death animations that they'd put GoW to shame, and that's saying a lot.

I've f*cking hooked on it. I've already beaten it twice in the last 3 days. Once I start playing it, I just can't put it down.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #2033
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I played the demo for Conan, I didn't like it to much. Is the full game much different? I was interested.

I played the Exit demo to, I liked that it was very fun. Seems more suited for a handheld, but it was on PSP first.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #2034
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I started playing "Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin". It's exactly the same game we've played at least five times before but it is still good enough to make me abandon Phantom Hourglass completely.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #2035
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Just bagged Zak & Wiki on good faith. I'll see if the gamble will pay off.
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #2036
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I played the demo for Conan, I didn't like it to much. Is the full game much different? I was interested.
I never played the demo, so I couldn't tell you if it was any different, but I can tell you that the game is a lot of fun. The combat feels like a mix of God of War and the later PoP games to me.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #2037
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Just finished playing GRAW (I know I'm a bit late to the party on that game) and am getting ready to jump on Tenchu Z...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #2038
Peanut
Second Gear

Viva Pinata: Party Animals. Been playing it all night with my sister.

Honestly, the polish, effort and production values that went into this game put Mario Party to complete and utter shame.

ALSO, unlocked this sweet Fizzlybear gamer pic in the game. Not as cool as the Sour Cocodile, but awesome none-the-less.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 PM   #2039
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice

Currently playing Phoenix Wright 3. I love the series and this one is shaping up to be my favorite so far.

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #2040
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant

Finally got Stranglehold for the PS3. Jeez! Took them long enough!

If I knew that it was going to take this long AND they were going to release Hard Boiled on DVD anyway I would have just gotten the regular version for the 360. I feel bamboozled.

Also, I was unaware that they finally released Tomb Raider Anniversary for the 360. Dammit...now I have to get that too!

When will this madness end?!?!

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games