The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Turtles Forever - Talkback Discussion Thread

Too many topics about this already. Now that we're finally gonna see it on TV... let's have possibly the last ever Talkback Discussion thread about the 80's/2K3 TMNT ever.

{Mod Edit by Machias: Have fun, everybody, just keep the rules about downloading in mind... Keep it to PMs or off the forums. No need to start off the new ownership on a bad foot, right? Thanks all!}

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Please guys, let's use this thread. Someone sticky this. I mean we have other threads with pages of past speculations and bitching about who will voice who or wether or not it'll be released on DVD, the cancelled theature screening or even if it will air at all and all that.

This special deserves its own topic about the actual movie in progress like all the other Talkback threads have had WITHOUT having to wade through 10+ pages of stuff from months ago.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

I agree. The other thread is too cluttered with stuff to talk about it. We should use this one.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

You think we'll need to put a *SPOILERS!* in the title? Just wanted to make sure we can talk about the details of the movie. We are all going to probably comment every commercial break!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

well, I am enjoying it... "Who are you talking to? There is no one there!!!"
Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Cipher
Foot Elite

What the hell? The only CW station I can find here is showing a football game. I checked at nine and it was showing Yu-Gi-Oh. Now this. Anyone else?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This special deserves its own topic about the actual movie in progress like all the other Talkback threads have had WITHOUT having to wade through 10+ pages of stuff from months ago.
Good point, we'll use this as the official discussion thread. The other thread will remain open for more general topics such as the DVD release.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
rockstar2866
Mouser

Very awesome. Loved it....missed the first 20 minutes. Didn't know this was happening...any word on when the DVD is coming out?
rockstar2866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Mindy
Foot Soldier

This was SUCH a sweet treat!! I laughed, laughed, laughed, squee'd, and enjoyed every minute of it. My favorite parts: "AAAAAAAAAWESOME!" (with the multi-Turtle dimensions) and OT/NT turtles throwing trash at the Comic Shredder, LMAO!! That was hilarious.

Really great send-off. It all comes back around again. So long, Turtles. See you on the next adventure!

TMNT OVA English fandubs ~ completed!
TMNT & other fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1013080/
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
Dan
Banned

Another thing Shredder said he couldn't find a Krang yet there was an Utrom Krang Secret Origins.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
A few things. The OT Turtles didn't just go out in the open they would wear masks.
They did in the later episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Another thing Shredder said he couldn't find a Krang yet there was an Utrom Krang Secret Origins.
Well, he was an Utrom... so he probably spelled his name differently: Kerang, Krangg, Kraing, who knows?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Maybe because he wasn't evil. They want to stop the turtles, so having a friendly alien named Krang isn't really going to help.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #13
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Talking

I really loved "Turtles Forever" as mentioned in the last Spoiler topic that was here for it.

Though I missed a lot of the scenes that was cut, here's a few.

Karai: She mentions how she found the Technodrome calling him her father and how he is the one True Shredder.

Clown comment: Michelangelo was loving these Turtles as they were at the lair, Raph got fed up and called them "Clowns Not Ninjas" which pissed off the Original series Turtles, and almost caused a fight. Splinter stopped the fight, saying how the OS Turtles were welcomed here, and got after his sons to not embarrass their Sensei.

Fixing up the place: Krang is not liking the changes being done to the Technodrome, though Shredder doesn't seem to mind until his command chair is taken away.

So be it: When Shredder is destroying the Prime Turtles, he stops seeing everything going white... he question what is going on, when told that destroying those Turtles will destroy them all he said "So be it!" (Much like Super Shredder did in TMNT 2 *G*) and went back to destroying them.

Those are a few of the scenes I missed right away when watching "Turtles Forever" yesterday. Thought I'd share the mention of these.

Really hoping for a DVD release of this movie! Uncut
Old 11-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Forgot to mention this: While I was cool with the way the OT crew was handled, two things did piss me off. The noogies were too much, 2 would have been fine, but they acted like they did that all the time in the OT. And then, Michaelangelo can't lift the manhole cover... c'mon, they're goofy, but they're not weaklings.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
And then, Michaelangelo can't lift the manhole cover... c'mon, they're goofy, but they're not weaklings.
The OT used manhole covers as hats and frisbees. Manhole covers are heavy and most need to slide them, not pick them straight up. I think they were making the point that the OT's manhole covers are lighter than the NT's manhole covers. They could have done it better though.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
The OT used manhole covers as hats and frisbees. Manhole covers are heavy and most need to slide them, not pick them straight up. I think they were making the point that the OT's manhole covers are lighter than the NT's manhole covers. They could have done it better though.
Now that I've seen about half the film...by certain means, I thought this joke was actually pretty hilarious. I understood it right away, that the Fred Wolf Turtles were used to using manhole covers in all sorts of ridiculously implausible ways.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan
Random Punk

What Does it mean that "It's In Transtion Phase"? and When will it lift, so we can have the Turtles Forever DVD?
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
NYShell
Stone Warrior

I just watched Turtles:Forever!

I was wondering how Turtles:Forever would be this whole time. I watched it like a week after all parts were aired. Here's what I think....it was actually better than I thought! My favorite parts were when the 2k3 Shredder said that there were scores of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and it showed like almost every single version of the turtles! I was just jumping up and down like when I was 5, watching the original 80's toons!(seriously!) The story did build up, and the idea was really good! I also loved when the Mirage Turtles appeared, and the end when they re-created when Peter and Kevin were creating the turtles! While I was watching this movie, I just thought to myself: "Oh man, the turtles were huge, and have changed so much!" I kind of regret not keeping up with Fast Foward and BTTS when I saw all of the turtle versions in the Technodrome scene. I just felt that I should have gave it a chance, even if I did not like the direction the show was going because it's still the "Turtles"! I wanted to see how the 2k3 style became newer afterwards. I was also thinking just how big and awesome the turtles of the past were! Sometimes I think that the TMNT of this generation is not going anywhere but really it's not going anywhere because I'm not giving it a chance. The turtles of today are just as awesome as the turtles of the past 25 years! Oh man............25 years of TMNT! It just hit me! The turtles are gonna stick with me Forever!

p.s: I thought the one true shredder was the shredder in the lost season. and did the 2k3 shredder get defeated forever?
and....when will the turtles:forever dvd come out?! i want it!!
Plzzzz post and reply to this thread!

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:20 AM   #19
hadoolket
Thug

omg, someone isn't griping about the 80s turtles being too goofy in turtles forever?
hadoolket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #20
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
I thought the one true shredder was the shredder in the lost season. and did the 2k3 shredder get defeated forever?
and....when will the turtles:forever dvd come out?! i want it!!
Yeah it was weird. It makes sense for Ch'rell to refer to himself as the one true Shredder but for the turtles to hear that and not think about the lost season one... weird.

And the DVD has not been announced yet.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series