The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #61
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
It begs the question though did Beth decide to stay or go?? Is the Beth in the house now a clone/robot?

Quote:
If makes me wonder why Rick didn't leave a clone of himself in any of the timelines for Beth?
Maybe there are some realities where Rick did leave a clone of himself in place to stay with Beth and his wife, or maybe Rick didn't have the know-how to clone a realistic enough version of himself at the time he left the family. He's undoubtedly increased his body of knowledge since he left the family, traveled the multiverse, and returned. So who knows. They may never say one way or another if Beth chose to stay or go

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I love how the show is actually developing a mythology for itself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #63
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I love how the show is actually developing a mythology for itself.
Agreed. Between the Council of Ricks, the Galactic Federation, and all the other things the show has created and fleshed-out, it's world is becoming pretty full. I loved the episode with the Jerry daycare center. I do want to hear more about Rick's time away from his family, traveling the multiverse. A flashback episode with Morty, Summer, Beth and Jerry younger

Here's discussion by Nerdist News on "The ABC's of Beth"

But of course, Dan and Justin meant to left it ambiguous and may never reveal whether Beth stayed or left. Since there are infinite universes with infinite scenarios of Beth being presented the choice to stay or leave, it ultimately doesn't matter. But fans will still be curious about our particular Beth (even though it's not even the Beth we started the show with).

Here's the sneak peek of the season finale:
Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #64
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Latest episode was really good.
I liked seeing more personal interactions between Beth and Rick. And the whole ordeal with Tomy was both hilarious and disgusting.
Spoiler:
I really think Beth left though. It would make sense if she did. Even though it seemed like her family would be reason enough for her to stay, remember: she’s just like her father. He had no qualms abandoning his family for years and then again whenever the population got mutated, I’ve got the feeling that Beth made a similar choice. Plus the fact that the way she interacted with her kids and her dad at the end of the episode was really weird, almost unnatural-like ‘ya know?

It’s weird that the season finale’s already almost here.
Feels like just recently we started getting new episodes again.
It’ll stink having to wait again for more episodes. Hopefully it won’t be another year and a half.
Spoiler:
Wonder if we’ll see the whole Phoenix Person thing pay off in the finale, or if they’ll hold off on it until next season. And then we’ll almost definitely have to wait for more Evil Morty.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #65
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I did just realize that there's a bit of a parallel with the "fake Beth" as there was with the "fake Summer and Morty" at the start of the season. The unnatural behavior, the heightened affection and agreeability...

There's a theory running around that Summer might be pregnant from her time in the Mad Max world, but I doubt it. She's just jaded from the divorce and spending so much time with Rick, and the months in the Mad Max world.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Latest episode was really good.
I liked seeing more personal interactions between Beth and Rick. And the whole ordeal with Tomy was both hilarious and disgusting.
Spoiler:
I really think Beth left though. It would make sense if she did. Even though it seemed like her family would be reason enough for her to stay, remember: she’s just like her father. He had no qualms abandoning his family for years and then again whenever the population got mutated, I’ve got the feeling that Beth made a similar choice. Plus the fact that the way she interacted with her kids and her dad at the end of the episode was really weird, almost unnatural-like ‘ya know?

It’s weird that the season finale’s already almost here.
Feels like just recently we started getting new episodes again.
It’ll stink having to wait again for more episodes. Hopefully it won’t be another year and a half.
Spoiler:
Wonder if we’ll see the whole Phoenix Person thing pay off in the finale, or if they’ll hold off on it until next season. And then we’ll almost definitely have to wait for more Evil Morty.
I am just wondering how they are going to top last season's finale. I was hoping to see Evil Morty in the Finale, but I don't think we will.

I really hope we won't have to wait another 2 years for new episode, bc of the writers.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #67
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I wasn't a fan of the last episode, but I did like the Beth "is she or isn't she?" twist at the end.

The Jerry and kids stuff was fun, too.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #68
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I am just wondering how they are going to top last season's finale. I was hoping to see Evil Morty in the Finale, but I don't think we will.

I really hope we won't have to wait another 2 years for new episode, bc of the writers.....
I've heard that the writers are already back at it, getting to work on Season 4. Let's hope that's the case. In any case, it ain't nowhere near as bad as the wait between seasons of The Venture Bros.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I hope there is more with the szechuan sauce. I really wanted to see that make a big comeback at McDonald's and not just this:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/14/16...justin-roiland

http://screencrush.com/rick-and-mort...sauce-auction/
Old 09-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #70
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I hope there is more with the szechuan sauce. I really wanted to see that make a big comeback at McDonald's and not just this:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/14/16...justin-roiland

http://screencrush.com/rick-and-mort...sauce-auction/
Who knew Deadmau5 was such a fan of Rick and Morty/Szechuan sauce?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:45 AM   #71
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well that season finale was...meh.

Spoiler:
At some point I blinked/looked away and then became confused as to why Rick got in such a huge brawl with the president in the first place.
The animosity didn't really feel right. The only thing I liked was Beth trying to sort things out. No surprise that she got back with Jerry, but that was coming from a mile away. And I REALLY liked Morty putting his foot down and saying 'no' to Rick, to the point of ditching him.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The szechuan sauce IS coming back! For one day:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/1/16...szechuan-sauce
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #73
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well that season finale was...meh.

Spoiler:
At some point I blinked/looked away and then became confused as to why Rick got in such a huge brawl with the president in the first place.
The animosity didn't really feel right. The only thing I liked was Beth trying to sort things out. No surprise that she got back with Jerry, but that was coming from a mile away. And I REALLY liked Morty putting his foot down and saying 'no' to Rick, to the point of ditching him.
I thought the episode was really good. I came in with VERY low exceptions though. I thought this episode would be bad and a let down bc
Spoiler:
evil forty was not in it.
Spoiler:
I thought the fight with the president was great. I was laughing my ass off with the banter. I couldn't believe Morty stole his portal gun!! Morty is starting to show a little evil forty in him.

Also just so everyone knows this was not supposed to be the finale. Unfortunately bc of the writer fighting over Morty's mind blowers for so long and other disagreements that the season was cut short. The season was supposed to be 14 episodes instead of 10
Old 10-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #74
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It does seem like Season 4 is definitely in the works, from what was dropped in the final scene...and the after-credits bit.

Spoiler:
Good for Mr PoopyButthole on finding finding a family.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:31 PM   #75
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I really enjoyed this episode.
R&M’s interactions with the President were the best. This episode had me laughing throughout.
I don’t think it was the best way to end the season, bit it was still a good episode in its own right.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #76
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I was hoping for Evil Morty, but Rick getting into a pissing match with the US President was amazing.

Kept watching the White House fight scene over and over... good times.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #77
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I really enjoyed this episode.
R&M’s interactions with the President were the best. This episode had me laughing throughout.
I don’t think it was the best way to end the season, bit it was still a good episode in its own right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I was hoping for Evil Morty, but Rick getting into a pissing match with the US President was amazing.

Kept watching the White House fight scene over and over... good times.
Yeah, the fight choreography was great, as always. I really liked all of the counter-measures the President had squirreled away for just such an occasion. And the dialogue between Rick and the President in the Oval Office leading up to their fight was great.

I'm kind of glad we didn't see Evil Morty again so soon, I think that subplot is going to simmer on the back burner for a while but when it comes back it'll have a lot of weight behind it. Same for Tammy and Phoenix Person.

Quote:
Also just so everyone knows this was not supposed to be the finale. Unfortunately bc of the writer fighting over Morty's mind blowers for so long and other disagreements that the season was cut short. The season was supposed to be 14 episodes instead of 10
Yeah it sucks they had to cut back on the number of episodes due to the writing process dragging on, but I think that happened early enough in production that this is still close to what they originally envisioned as the finale.

In the Season 1 finale, Rick jokes about having a new catchphrase, breaks the fourth wall, and the break between seasons is mirrored by the Smith-Sanchez household being frozen in time. The Season 2 finale ends very differently, with the cliffhanger of Rick going to prison for his crimes and Mr. Poopybutthole lamenting how long the break between seasons would be. Season 3 circles back around to the show's lower-stakes starting point, teasing a new status quo, with Beth breaking the fourth wall this time and explaining that things will be more like Season 1 but "more streamlined".

I think people who expected Evil Morty or Tammy and Phoenix Person to make another appearance by the end of this season forget that the show likes to defy our expectations and take sharp turns down unanticipated avenues. They don't want to sacrifice quality by engaging in too much fan service, like bringing back Mr. Meeseeks when the character proved so popular. They'll come back to both of these plot lines at some point but not before some more self-contained, flavor-of-the-week episodes. And of course they'll do interdimensional cable again, but only when they can add another twist or layer to the format to keep it fresh.

Quote:
The szechuan sauce IS coming back! For one day:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/1/16...szechuan-sauce
It's crazy that the show managed to get McDonald's to bring back a twenty year-old sauce. There's a McD's near my apartment that I'm sorely tempted to visit this Friday, but I expect the lines to be ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #78
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, the fight choreography was great, as always. I really liked all of the counter-measures the President had squirreled away for just such an occasion. And the dialogue between Rick and the President in the Oval Office leading up to their fight was great.

I'm kind of glad we didn't see Evil Morty again so soon, I think that subplot is going to simmer on the back burner for a while but when it comes back it'll have a lot of weight behind it. Same for Tammy and Phoenix Person.

Yeah it sucks they had to cut back on the number of episodes due to the writing process dragging on, but I think that happened early enough in production that this is still close to what they originally envisioned as the finale.

In the Season 1 finale, Rick jokes about having a new catchphrase, breaks the fourth wall, and the break between seasons is mirrored by the Smith-Sanchez household being frozen in time. The Season 2 finale ends very differently, with the cliffhanger of Rick going to prison for his crimes and Mr. Poopybutthole lamenting how long the break between seasons would be. Season 3 circles back around to the show's lower-stakes starting point, teasing a new status quo, with Beth breaking the fourth wall this time and explaining that things will be more like Season 1 but "more streamlined".

I think people who expected Evil Morty or Tammy and Phoenix Person to make another appearance by the end of this season forget that the show likes to defy our expectations and take sharp turns down unanticipated avenues. They don't want to sacrifice quality by engaging in too much fan service, like bringing back Mr. Meeseeks when the character proved so popular. They'll come back to both of these plot lines at some point but not before some more self-contained, flavor-of-the-week episodes. And of course they'll do interdimensional cable again, but only when they can add another twist or layer to the format to keep it fresh.

It's crazy that the show managed to get McDonald's to bring back a twenty year-old sauce. There's a McD's near my apartment that I'm sorely tempted to visit this Friday, but I expect the lines to be ridiculous.
I think Phenix person or evil forty was supposed to be the finale
Old 10-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #79
raph27
Mad Scientist

I don't have a problem with Evil Morty and Phoenix Person being absent. I mean, Evil Morty first showed up in late season 1 and we saw no hint of him till over halfway through season 3. Birdperson has showed up a bit more, but still pretty infrequently. This show takes it's time with some of it's side plots, and that just makes it more awesome when they show up again.

Super curious to see where season 4 goes, considering the whole dynamic between the family and Rick has changed.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #80
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Some people are theorizing that there's a secret finale episode/possible Christmas special

To me that seems like a way of getting your hopes up unnecessarily, but who knows, stranger things have happened