The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #61
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
They couldn't financially swing it. Thats why the animation style was changed. The FF design and BTTS was cheaper to produce than seasons 1-5
Yep that's what i heard too, i was just going off of the what if question on what would i do etc. But also I find it weird that they still had enough money to do all those FF and BTTS episodes. I rather have quality than quantity. Even if it were just a few episodes with the same team to spread out the budget, that or just call it quits right after Tribunal and then do the Turtles Forever movie.

Speaking of that, they still had to have enough money to do the Turtles Forever movie. Too bad they never released it in the movie theaters, also not happy how they messed up the blu ray/dvd release. Putting the non uncut version and putting the ugly dvd cover on it. Made no sense!!

Also was never a fan of the artwork on Fast forward and beyond and then carrying that over to the movie, didn't like it. The turtles were also taller too, i didn't like that either, even though you can argue they grow taller with age. Sorry now i'm getting off topic.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #62
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I love this kind of topic.

Because the 2003 Series was pretty good overall. Actually I would have preferred if they finished up their post season 4 stuff.

Ninja Tribunal - seemed to have wrapped up nicely.

Fast Forward - where there definitely some loose ends to tie up.
They were thinking about a Future Shredder/Triceraton Shredder - I would have liked to see that.

Another piece of the fast forward universe that I would have liked to see is a proper conclusion for the Dark Turtles. I feel like they could've been that era's heroes/anti-heroes and how they adapted to becoming heroes (definitely some spin off potential). I would've liked a hand off moment.

Back to the sewers, the ending was pretty good. However, I would totally scrap this season's and rewrite it.

Viral was OK for Fast Forward, but overstayed her welcome. The whole Splinter lost in cyber space was more to develop Donnie (like Emo Leo). SCRAP.

I would've liked to see a season where the brothers decided grow apart to pursue what they really want. This is kind of crazy fan fic, but here's what I would imagine.

Leo would be seeking greater challenges and mastery - so maybe he is spending time in the Battle Nexus or travelling dimensions to fight and learn from the greatest swordsman in the Battle Nexus - I'd like have Miyamoto Usagi as his travelling bro and I'd like to see Leo's look evolve from a student to a real MASTER (maybe even getting students of his own). I'd like to see a time travel adventure where Leo trains under Master Yoshi.

Mikey will be pursuing a full time hero team up as the Turtle Titan, showing that he has matured (due to graduating as a Chunin), and eventually saving that kid who's descendant becomes Turtle Titan 2. Maybe in personal reflection he decides to write his own comic using the shadow pen name "Michelangelo" and then lets go of the Mantle.

Donatello - Usually Donatello gets the shaft (pun intended) and I think BBTS really tried to give him more character development. I still want that, however, I would go with a completely different take. I think would be doing more time/space/dimension research and realized that something big is coming. Something so big, that he and other alien scientists are working together to defeat it. And I bet they defeat and then realizes that its lonely without his brothers. All scientists there respect him, however, no one there can replace his brothers.

Raphael - OKAY. Really for Raph, he can just go stump wrestling in a Black Ninja Suit. I feel as if Raph is actually the center piece of this whole imagined season. Because he is used to be the loner but without his brothers with him, he is truly alone. I'm going to go Old Man Logan on this. He is the one who remains with Master Splinter and is frustrated because he doesn't know what else to do, while all his brothers are growing beyond him. Master Splinter and Raphael go on a training arc and Raph recognizes how frail his Master is, and how much fighting without his brothers is too hard...

I think Raphel and Master Splinter being in danger gets Leo, Mikey and Donnie together to save them.

LOL sorry for the long fanfic
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:32 AM   #63
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Triceraton Shredder

What the heck is a Triceraton Shredder?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:34 AM   #64
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It was a Flash Forward concept that got scrapped - wherein Ch'rell managed to escape confinement and took over a Triceraton body, but kept the Shredder moniker. There even seemed to be a little bit of a script for it.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:50 AM   #65
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
It was a Flash Forward concept that got scrapped - wherein Ch'rell managed to escape confinement and took over a Triceraton body, but kept the Shredder moniker. There even seemed to be a little bit of a script for it.
Sounds like a cool idea, like when Archie Krang took over Shredder's body.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:00 AM   #66
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:02 AM   #67
Overlord

The Devil and Dr. Stockman? Just some working title, I suppose.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #68
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Interesting idea of the Triceraton Shredder. Any chance to see bigger pics or more pics?

FF is a good idea only for a 5 episodes part or so, but not a whole season, unless it takes the series to another level where the turtles can grow up as characters and stuff.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad Ch'rell's return in FF was scrapped, he probably wouldn't have been in Turtles Forever then. It made much more sense to save his return for what was the finale of the entire series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #70
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So would he escape both to Earth and into the future?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #71
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

As much as I love TMNT 2K3, even I have to admit that idea was really silly, and I'm kinda glad it didn't go through.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:17 AM   #72
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

Personally I would have loved if they just continued the theme of "new beginnings" that began in season four. The TMNT had a new home, that was barely examined, new vehicles, which again were barely examined, and new struggles in regards to how to navigate throughout New York City. However, unlike the first episode of the show, they had a large support network in the form of their friends and allies. So I personally would have loved to seen that expanded upon in the seasons following season four.

I also would have loved to see Karai learn more about her father's history and actions from the perspective of others. I always felt that her not learning about her father's history was a missed story opportunity, and it probably would have made for a better "redemption" than Turtles Forever provided (it seemed it bit...off that Karai wouldn't think "Hey dad, you're gonna destroy everything and everyone if you do this" sooner).

There are other plot points to examine, such as Donatello recovering from his second mutation, and perhaps seeking guidance from Leatherhead about it, the EPF becoming a more common threat to the turtles, and maybe checking in with older characters like Traximus.
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #73
Overlord

Maybe the turtles should move to another town, like Boston, to avoid making their enemies finding their lair easy.