The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #10061
CyberCubed
Overlord

I own 25 games for PS4, and I don't play online shooters, sports games, or most generic EA or Ubisoft games. So no, there's still a lot to play on PS4 even if you're a Nintendo gamer.

Just this year I've bought Horizon, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, Hitman: The Complete First season, and I'm looking forward to the Crash Collection, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and The Evil Within 2, among other games in the Fall. I'm not a big RPG guy but we also got Persona 5 recently too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #10062
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

I know there's a lot of good games on PS4, obviously. But even so, I don't play it as much as I played my PS3 back then. The Crash Collection will give me a reason to play on the PS4 more though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #10063
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I would play more PS4 if fighting games weren't trying to squeeze every penny they could out of me. It's my favorite genre, and I bought pretty much every major fighting game for PS3. Now, with all the season passes and endless DLC, it doesn't feel like a whimsical purchase I can make just to have fun with a different game.

ARMS is fantastic, though. It's super fresh, and that's pretty rare in fighting games. The way you control your punches, it reminds me of Fight Night, or UFC. More than a simple hit or miss, like most fighting games, your attacks and combos connect with different parts of your opponent, to varying degrees. Which makes it extremely satisfying when you devise a tactic and execute just right. Landing a punch in a fighting game is now a big deal, and feels good.

I used to tell my friend, all the time, that UFC and Fight Night were unique and special fighting games, for that reason, and that I'd love to see that sort of system applied to a more traditional fighting game. But that approach only existed in sims. Probably because every major franchise is tied to an ancient control system they don't dare abandon. So, while Street Fighter, Tekken, or MvC do little more than introduce new types of combo meters, it seems only new franchises can do new things.

ARMS also reminds me a lot of Street Fighter. I love the approach of a small, very diverse roster, where every character has gimmicks that would be absolutely infuriating if you didn't have one of your own. Every character in this game has something just as maddening as Chun Li's kicks, or Dhalsim reaching halfway across the stage. You really have to learn everybody.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #10064
sdp
Post-Dream-Pop

Who here played Star Fox Zero, is it worth getting?

Star Fox 2 finally being released got me in the Star Fox mood and the game seems to be rather cheap in stores. Is it a remake, reboot or what really?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #10065
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

Only in Japan...

Last Movie Watched: The Secret Life of Pets (2016).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #10066
Guile
Banned

So which is the best version of the 3DS hardware? I have a 2DS and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking the New 3DS XL.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #10067
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
So which is the best version of the 3DS hardware? I have a 2DS and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking the New 3DS XL.
Yeah get that, that's the latest hardware for it.

I'm planning on getting a Switch, I'm glad it's getting loving attention worldwide since its launch.

Sonic Mania 15 Aug 2017 - PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbone, PC
Sonic Forces 2017 - PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbone, PC
Sonic joined IDW Publishing 21 July 2017 - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #10068
Guile
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yeah get that, that's the latest hardware for it.

I'm planning on getting a Switch, I'm glad it's getting loving attention worldwide since its launch.
I am hoping for a Mario Odyssey bundle near Christmas, maybe with 2 red Joy Cons.

There is also a New 2DS XL.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #10069
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The New 2DS XL is the latest one, not the 3DS XL. It supposedly has a slightly faster processor than the 3DS XL. I would get the 2DS XL, if I were looking.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:19 AM   #10070
Shark_Blade
Prince Elias Acorn

But there's no 3D for that though...

I put the 2D & 3D models separately tbh.

Sonic Mania 15 Aug 2017 - PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbone, PC
Sonic Forces 2017 - PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbone, PC
Sonic joined IDW Publishing 21 July 2017 - possible crossover with TMNT in the future?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote