The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2023, 09:17 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Current ages of the IDW TMNT Characters

In a post on Tumblr, Sophie Campbell answers a fan's question about the age of the Splinter Clan, And she seemingly just confirmed the current ages of all the Turtles, Including Alopex, Zink, Zanna and Mushroom.
https://www.tumblr.com/mooncalfe-art...x?source=share

Old 10-19-2023, 09:18 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Wait... but didn't the IDW TMNT mutate at the same time? How does them having different ages make one iota of sense?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 09:44 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember they are reincarnated humans in this series, Hamato Yoshi's sons were all different ages in the past. Some of the Turtles were drawn younger as humans than others.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 09:53 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember they are reincarnated humans in this series, Hamato Yoshi's sons were all different ages in the past.
Huh? Wouldn't that mean they'd be like 500 years old, by that logic? Also, that's stupid. If my brother and I are twins and it turns out we're reincarnated from two brothers 500 years ago, and my brother was older than I in the past life, that doesn't make him older than me now. It doesn't even make anybody anything.
Old 10-19-2023, 10:34 PM   #5
Stu_Padasso
Thug

That’s weird, I always thought that Donatello was “younger” than Raphael but was just ridiculously smart.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:14 AM   #6
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Huh? Wouldn't that mean they'd be like 500 years old, by that logic? Also, that's stupid. If my brother and I are twins and it turns out we're reincarnated from two brothers 500 years ago, and my brother was older than I in the past life, that doesn't make him older than me now. It doesn't even make anybody anything.
Yeah, but they were dead so that don't count.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 07:41 PM   #7
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I forgot Tumblr was a thing. All I saw were a bunch of hand-wringing alphabet people on twitter complaining about Alopex being 17. Ultimately... who ****ing cares what any of their ages are. The series is called TEENAGE Mutant Turtles. They could have pretended they were teens for the entire series and those shippers would have been fine with it. But once an arbitrary number is attached, "Oh noooooooooo~"
Cloudrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 08:15 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Someone can post a pic, but in the Turtles human lives they were all very different ages. Leo looked the oldest, Mikey almost looked like a toddler/kid, Don and Raph inbetween. Obviously the time they were dead doesn't count, so they continued those ages once they were mutated.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:53 PM   #9
Stu_Padasso
Thug

Something just occurred to me. Leo is 22, Donnie is 21, Ralph is 20, and Mikey is 19. Tang Shen was firing one out every year! How much breast milk was she packing?

I know that it was a different time, but dammit woman, that’s a vagina, not a clown car!
Old 10-23-2023, 09:27 AM   #10
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Someone can post a pic, but in the Turtles human lives they were all very different ages. Leo looked the oldest, Mikey almost looked like a toddler/kid, Don and Raph inbetween. Obviously the time they were dead doesn't count, so they continued those ages once they were mutated.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:56 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
Something just occurred to me. Leo is 22, Donnie is 21, Ralph is 20, and Mikey is 19. Tang Shen was firing one out every year! How much breast milk was she packing?

I know that it was a different time, but dammit woman, that’s a vagina, not a clown car!
I mean, by the time she got to Mikey, he practically strolled on outta there.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:08 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
But that isn't the way reincarnation works. If I find out I lived for 35 years as a used car salesmen in a previous life and, like, 5 years as a dog in another one, that doesn't add 40 years to my age now. That's stupid beyond belief.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:06 PM   #13
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But that isn't the way reincarnation works. If I find out I lived for 35 years as a used car salesmen in a previous life and, like, 5 years as a dog in another one, that doesn't add 40 years to my age now. That's stupid beyond belief.
Who's to say how this works? We're dealing with something that's entirely fictional, whose rules were made up by various people. The only basis of comparison is other versions of the same made up thing. If the way it works here is that they lived their human lives, then their souls pick up where they left off in the turtles, then that's the way it works. Who are we to say different when it doesn't exist in the first place?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:12 PM   #14
Turtle Soup
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Who's to say how this works? We're dealing with something that's entirely fictional, whose rules were made up by various people. The only basis of comparison is other versions of the same made up thing. If the way it works here is that they lived their human lives, then their souls pick up where they left off in the turtles, then that's the way it works. Who are we to say different when it doesn't exist in the first place?
I think this is right.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 10:40 PM   #15
Stu_Padasso
Thug

Quote:

But if you were a used car salesman, would you even have a soul to reincarnate with?

Seriously though, I think this is more about mitigating any criticism if any of the turtles were to have any “adult” relations with humans or human born mutants, ie, Leo with Carmen or Karai, or Donnie with Mona or April.

It makes me wonder about the legal status of animal-born mutants in the IDW comics.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:47 AM   #16
TheLabRat
Foot Soldier

I think the idea of reincarnation has been wasted. This is actually about the grudge between Yoshi and Saki, and the other one is about Saiki's past life being related to a dragon god. The Turtles are nothing, just because they were Yoshi's children in their previous life.

It might be interesting if some turtle actually had its own independent previous life story that wasn't even related to the Foot Clan or Homato family.

For example, perhaps Leo was once one of the demigods of the Pantheon or a powerful spirit who was an enemy of the Pantheon. For some reason, he lost his power and was reincarnated as an animal, but due to fate, he became a mutant turtle. But he is still most spiritual one than other turtle brothers, and mastered astral projection faster than others. But the gradual awakening of his previous life memories has also affected his current personality, whether good or bad, and even made him look like a schizophrenic. His story arc is related to the Pantheon, another is how he achieves a harmony and balance between his personality in this life and his previous life.

Last edited by TheLabRat; 10-24-2023 at 07:59 AM.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 10:15 AM   #17
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
I think the idea of reincarnation has been wasted. This is actually about the grudge between Yoshi and Saki, and the other one is about Saiki's past life being related to a dragon god. The Turtles are nothing, just because they were Yoshi's children in their previous life.

It might be interesting if some turtle actually had its own independent previous life story that wasn't even related to the Foot Clan or Homato family.

For example, perhaps Leo was once one of the demigods of the Pantheon or a powerful spirit who was an enemy of the Pantheon. For some reason, he lost his power and was reincarnated as an animal, but due to fate, he became a mutant turtle. But he is still most spiritual one than other turtle brothers, and mastered astral projection faster than others. But the gradual awakening of his previous life memories has also affected his current personality, whether good or bad, and even made him look like a schizophrenic. His story arc is related to the Pantheon, another is how he achieves a harmony and balance between his personality in this life and his previous life.
Do not forget that "QNA" samples were taken from the Hamato bodies. I thought this was something behind the "reincarnation".
Old 10-24-2023, 09:05 PM   #18
TheLabRat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
Do not forget that "QNA" samples were taken from the Hamato bodies. I thought this was something behind the "reincarnation".
Yes, but the writers did not follow up on this. If Krang need this to deal with Saki, why couldn't he reincarnate Yoshi and his four children into more powerful forms? There are still some unexplained foreshadowing in this book was forgotten or ignored. We also don't know four turtles japanese name in their previous life.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote