The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

For reading purposed I may buy this - it'll be easier than unbagging one issue at a time

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
For reading purposed I may buy this - it'll be easier than unbagging one issue at a time
That and the larger format truly make's a wonderful difference when it come's to the art.

I'm hoping the release will be before the end of the year.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #23
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
This is my thinking, hell with how cheap this is you can sell the single issues and that will pay for the book.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #24
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

Hm, this is cool...and not cool. I really want this, but already have all the trades. Not sure if I want to buy this WITH already having the trades. Plus, if this is chronological...that's awesome. Thinking of selling the trades...but I don't know. Do you guys enjoy reading hardcover over paperback?

I also collect Spiderman comics, and have bought both paperback and hardcovers. I like the hardcovers better since they're more sturdy, but I have a feeling with 17 issues in the hardcover, there may be the problem of seeing the page when it gets close to the spine (if you know what I mean).

Also, do you think these will to be as tall as the Ultimate Collection? Height isn't exactly the deal breaker for me, just curious.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com

Last edited by Sewer Sirens Podcast; 04-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #25
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Cool. I'll get this for re-reading purposes. I have all the floppies, but it's a pain to drag them out.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #26
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

I KNEW this would eventually come!! I think I even asked about it (here or on the IDW forums recently) - fantastic news!

The Transformers ones are great, and I really can't wait to get these. I only have TPB v1-3 and v6 on its way, so I am going to 'swap' them out for the new hardcovers.

Glad they're not trying to go the whole "chronological reading order" as Transformers sort-of-maybe-thought-about, starting with the dreadful "Megatron: Origin". In TMNT's case, it would've been "Secret History of the Foot Clan" - a good story so I've heard, but surely "Change Is Constant" is a better starting place.
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #27
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
Glad they're not trying to go the whole "chronological reading order" as Transformers sort-of-maybe-thought-about, starting with the dreadful "Megatron: Origin". In TMNT's case, it would've been "Secret History of the Foot Clan" - a good story so I've heard, but surely "Change Is Constant" is a better starting place.
Secret History's present day narrative is set between TMNT #20 and #21 with only the flachbacks taking place in Feudal Japan, so it wouldn't be the chronological starting point of the series, no.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #28
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

While I personally will not be buying this as I already have the trades I think it sounds pretty awesome. Hopefully IDW will continue to have success with these trades and we will make it to the end of the volumes they have already started to collect and make it to the rest of the other material out there as well.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think this would be something for anyone whose never read the IDW series. Given how much influence this new comic has with all iterations of TMNT.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I think I'm going to pre-order this so I can free up some room on my shelf. plus, then I can donate my first few TPBs to the library
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #31
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
wishlisted, and maybe pre-ordered

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #32
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think this would be something for anyone whose never read the IDW series. Given how much influence this new comic has with all iterations of TMNT.
Have to say, Im in this camp. Ive not read one IDW book and have been waiting for something like this to come along. Pre order is in! Now, ill get to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #33
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior

It's about friggidy-damn time. I stopped collecting the issues and trades a while back hoping for big collections at a good price.

Interweaving the micro issues is a good idea. I haven't been following the comic for over a year so it'll be nice to have those issues thrown in at the right spot.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #34
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

A good gift to my Little bro. I currently have the issues with me out of state. He'll love to have his own copy of them. And their in order so even better.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #35
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal Freak View Post
It's about friggidy-damn time. I stopped collecting the issues and trades a while back hoping for big collections at a good price.

Interweaving the micro issues is a good idea. I haven't been following the comic for over a year so it'll be nice to have those issues thrown in at the right spot.
Ditto.

FYI, the only collected edition I have of the IDW series is the hardcover collecting the first four issues and Eastman's layouts to them (which I will be keeping).
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #36
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior

Yeah, that's a good collection that I'll definitely keep. I've already invested in seven of the 4-issue trades, though, so I may not buy the first two HC collections unless I really feel like upgrading and having everything consolidated. Which...honestly, I probably will.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #37
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i stopped collecting the the issues and just went for the trades cause i couldn't find the issues anywhere, but the trades i could easily find

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #38
Raphtastic
Random Punk

I'm all for this. I haven't caught up on earlier IDW yet because I spent so much of my entertainment budget on Volume 4 and 5 of the Ultimate collection in the last year or so, so this is coming out at the perfect time!
Raphtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #39
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I've pretty much drawn a line that I don't buy comics twice. I've got TMNT in TPBs up through City Fall, then switched rails to issues, because I could no longer stand the waits and avoiding spoilers. But it's really cool that they're doing this. All those TPBs can be daunting to new readers, but I might be able to convince a friend or two to take the plunge, with this.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

I find it odd some of you are looking at these hardcovers to get back into the series, when these releases will be very far inbetween each other. Considering this first collection only goes up to issue #12, and we're up to #33 now, you guys are looking until the end of 2015 at the earliest to simply be caught up to #33...and by the end of 2015 we'll be nearing issue 50.

These hardcovers will probably only come out every 3 months at the earliest, so if you guys are looking to "catch up" you guys are still going to be years behind and its going to take you guys forever to get up to the current issues.

My recommendation is to pick up the softcover trades right now, they're great and collect 4 issues each, and then eventually if you want the hardcovers sell the trades on ebay and make a trade-off. You'll probably get as much money back selling the 4 trades as it will for this hardcover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt