The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 12:41 AM   #621
Sobble
Banned

Man I've been waiting for a new release

This is probably why this line isn't selling at most damn stores

They really need some variety but hey this is a new line what do we expect

We waited until damn may or April for.mighty beans series 2 and series 1 came out in like June or something

I whould be surprised if this is just overstockage for figures

Must have all those Chinese people making tons of those toys (YOU KNOW MADE IN CHINA)
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #622
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

Im from canada, and im checking every walmarts and toysrus near me since december 2018, never saw a wave 2 figs !
I uswd to collect tmnt figs in the 90s, and the glow of new figs was great, now its stuck to wave 1. If i want to buy albearto and lt foot i will have to pay 4 x the price on ebay. I thouht it was just in canada, but after reading it here, its everywhere the same problem.. i think the line is in danger, dont think we will ever see the figs that they showed earlier this year like the hippo or bad female spider.
ERICKANA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #623
Sobble
Banned

Let's hope wave 2 becomes available widely in the summer

Will bring more sales or its possibly more people buying the figures on Amazon
Old 05-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #624
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

The Wal Marts and Target stores around me have been fairly dry as well. I found a Foot Lieutenant and snagged him 'cos I didn't know if I'd ever see it again. The battle shell Turtles have been slowly popping up here and there, but it's really hit or miss. I have three of them, but it took my eight or nine different trips to different stores over the span of a month or so to find them. I'm only getting them to use their heads to swap onto the basic figures anyways.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #625
Sobble
Banned

I bet swapping the battleshell turtles heads with the basic heads is a fun but hard job
Old 05-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #626
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobble View Post
I bet swapping the battleshell turtles heads with the basic heads is a fun but hard job
For Donnie and Leo it was pretty easy. The heads/necks have different size joints, but surprisingly they actually fit together pretty well. They're not a perfect match, but they work well enough to make me happy. You can check the results out on my Twitter or Instagram if you're interested (@zosotmnt).

I haven't found a battle shell Raph yet, but I do have a Mikey. Unlike Leo and Donnie, though, Mikey's head/neck joints don't match up. The battle shell head opening is much too wide for the standard neck joint. I'm going to try to use some magnets and hot glue to solve my problem with that. Wish me luck! haha
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #627
tipet
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Oh, nice! I've been looking around and never saw them anywhere (this shop is new to me). So do you know if they are being distributed to more shops?
No, as far as I know. Amazon Spain has them in stock, but I think it's cheaper to get them from the uk amazon website. I will advise you if I see them anywhere.

tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #628
Sobble
Banned

This is probably wrong thread but

I've noticed in the UK the role-play masks (THE ONE THAT LOOK CREEPY AS ****) have a different package in the UK other then the US i found these on the hamley website

I just want to remind everyone that the role-play masks that look like a turtles gonna rob your house
Have a different package
Old 05-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #629
Browne762
Foot Soldier

This weekend I stopped at a Walmart I only get to once every few months to see what they had. It was the first store that I have seen a more decent release of Wave 2. They had 3 Battle Shell Donnies, 3 Battle Shell Mickeys, 1 Battle Shell Leo and 1 Alberto. Also had a bunch of Wave 1 which was all in front of the Wave 2 stuff. Looked like they restocked Wave 1 recently OVER the Wave 2 stuff.

Then hit 2 more Walmarts and 5 Targets with nothing new. The Targets all had been restocked with figures though which is a good step.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #630
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
This weekend I stopped at a Walmart I only get to once every few months to see what they had. It was the first store that I have seen a more decent release of Wave 2. They had 3 Battle Shell Donnies, 3 Battle Shell Mickeys, 1 Battle Shell Leo and 1 Alberto. Also had a bunch of Wave 1 which was all in front of the Wave 2 stuff. Looked like they restocked Wave 1 recently OVER the Wave 2 stuff.

Then hit 2 more Walmarts and 5 Targets with nothing new. The Targets all had been restocked with figures though which is a good step.
I guess that's a sign that wave 2 might already be widely available (BUT SADLY THIS WAS ONLY 1 WALMART
Old 05-29-2019, 04:34 AM   #631
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

At least some form usa are finding wave 2, but here in canada , i went to 5 walmarts and 3 toysrus and no sign of the wave....

I was a big fan of the first era of tmnt figs, and here in canada the distribution was great, before the last line. I stopped collecting then came back in 2012 and the line of 2012 was quite easy to get. Im really curious to know if the the series between the originals and the 2012, how it was released in canada, because i neverr see these lines in flea markets or garage sale. When they started the rise line , i thought it will be easy to find but the way they do the distribution, the kids around here will be losing interest because, only wave 1 is in the store since last fall...
The way it looks maybe wave 2 will hit soon, but i dont see any others wave to be release in canada.in ebay, wave 2 they are asking 3 x the price...
I dont think this line will survive anither year.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #632
Powder
So tired of this place

For what it's worth, I don't see the 4kids toys pop up here in the US much either. I go to conventions, toy fairs, etc, seldom do I see any. Definitely a significantly smaller release scale than the 80's/90's stuff, & going by their encounter rate, likely much less than the 2012 Nick stuff too. Which makes sense, given the latter had Viacom financing behind it.

At any rate, best of luck to you & any other Canadian dromies looking for these. It's nice to see some folks supporting the series.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #633
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICKANA666 View Post
When they started the rise line , i thought it will be easy to find but the way they do the distribution, the kids around here will be losing interest because, only wave 1 is in the store since last fall...
The way it looks maybe wave 2 will hit soon, but i dont see any others wave to be release in canada.in ebay, wave 2 they are asking 3 x the price...
I dont think this line will survive anither year.
I'm in USA same here. A couple places got a handful of wave 2 figures around Christmas. I mean a handful between multiple stores. Nothing since till about a month ago. One store got the battle shell figures. I'm wondering if it is distribution or stores unwilling/unable to clear out pegwarmers. Seems like Marvel Legends is the same way.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #634
Sobble
Banned

All I have seen release was some role play masks (IF THE ROLE PLAY WEAPONS ALREADY HAVE A MASK WITHOUT A SCARY FACE)

Why isn't wave 2 RELASEING worldwide already what is the point
Old 05-31-2019, 04:54 AM   #635
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

So do you think i should buy albearto and ltl, on ebay , 3 x the price if im living in canada ?
Its not that i am a big fan of rise, but i really like the look of albearto fig...
Maybe i should keep my money to buy some ild school gigs like halfcourt, hot spot and maybe scratch instead, and one day the rise wave 2 will be in stock everywhere but we have to be patient ?
Old 05-31-2019, 07:10 AM   #636
Shedder
Hench Mutant

I too am from Canada (GO RAPTORS!!!) and have been waiting on Alberto and Foot LT.
If its anything like the last series (2012 figs) I'd at least wait the summer possibly till xmas. They took forever to bring things out here. It is true we missed some releases but its easier to find them down the road
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:02 PM   #637
Sobble
Banned

I wish I could just buy a lot of wave 2 boxed figures and mail them to Canadian TMNT fans
Old 05-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #638
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

Thanks buddy

At least im not the only one to check for these in canad
Go raptors go
Old 06-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #639
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Found some pictures of the Wave 3 figures including the two Chase Donatello figures. On the back of the card for Raph and Leo they list Bullhop.

Last edited by Browne762; 06-05-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #640
Powder
So tired of this place

Would it kill them to make one good Raph head sculpt? Oof.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys