The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Eh, I guess so. I mean, yeah the vengeance angle is the whole point, but it seems a waste to not make the fight with him last a bit longer. But it will be an uphill battle to sell another 'TMNT vs Shredder/beginning' story to the public. It can be done, but it won't be easy. And then getting them to come back after he's killed off for good, that'll be no small task. The first movie will REALLY have to grab people if you're going to retell the Shredder vs TMNT/first meeting storyarc all over again.
Remember how everyone was skeptical of Daredevil on Netflix? Then they released kickass trailers?

Same solution. It's not a problem.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #42
pferreira
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
4Kids Baxter has plans of his own, he's arrogant and plays an active role throughout, not to mention a backstory that informs who he is. OotS Baxter laughed all the time for no reason and was essentially just there to push buttons on a console, that's the difference.

It's honestly shocking that you don't see any important difference.
I don't see the difference. Both Baxter's had their own evil intentions, both wanted to become famous, both were arrogant. The difference is one was jolly jerk, the other was an angry jerk.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #43
AquaParade
Big Boss

You're all greasin my wheels with all this talk of Triceratons, City at War, and a badass Saki.

Last edited by AquaParade; 05-20-2017 at 08:09 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #44
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Eh, I guess so. I mean, yeah the vengeance angle is the whole point, but it seems a waste to not make the fight with him last a bit longer. But it will be an uphill battle to sell another 'TMNT vs Shredder/beginning' story to the public. It can be done, but it won't be easy. And then getting them to come back after he's killed off for good, that'll be no small task. The first movie will REALLY have to grab people if you're going to retell the Shredder vs TMNT/first meeting storyarc all over again.
While many consider him the big bad of the property, it's possible to do a movie without him and execute it right. Joe Chill is hardly used in Batman, for the guy responsible for murdering Bruce Wayne's parents.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #45
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

If you don't want him as the big bad of the first movie just allude to him as the guy calling the shots in NYC and the main villain of the first movie just answers to him. Or was just funded by the Foot.

2nd movie is a toss up on whether you want the Turtles to face Shredder and lose or Win? I'd say lose and the separation of Splinter can set up the space arcs while the Turtles spend some time in Northampton before returning to NY to defeat him.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #46
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Yeah, setting him up in the first one does make sense. Use small fry like the dragons for film one, to give the Tmnt their first victory. Movie two shredder literally destroys them after they come after him to fulfil their mission, and they flee to Northampton to recover. Movie three is your return to NY, and they finally slay him. Movies post trilogy go 'what do we do from here?"

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 05-21-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:53 AM   #47
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, setting him up in the first one does make sense. Use small fry like the dragons for film one, to give the Tmnt their first victory. Movie two shredder literally destroys them after they come after him to fulfil their mission, and they flee to Northampton to recover. Movie three is your return to NY, and they finally slay him. Movies post trilogy go 'what do we do from here?"
Then while the Turtles are in space on Earth you can show how the foundation of NYC is starting to crumble because of the Turtles killing Shredder. April and Casey's relationship (assuming you have them hook up in the first place?) begins to show it's cracks. I would end this with a somewhat happy note like the first one.

5th movie (round of applause if we make it this far) Have April already in California and she recaps the events as to why she is there. 2nd time around gets destroyed by rogue Foots seeking revenge on the Turtles making April cut ties with them. retreating to their lair The Foot follow them and try to cave them in separating Splinter for the Rat King story while the Turtles go to the surface at this point Stockman a new player makes his move and the Mob, Purple Dragons and the Foot all utilize his tech to gain the upper hand while he sits back and makes money off their misfortune. Eventually Karai arrives to help the Turtles gain control.

I didn't include Casey in this heavily as I want him to disappear from the narrative for this one movie and the next one focusing on him trying to piece together his life like April and Turtles before ending with him returning to NY with Shadow (Because the Mirage comics shouldn't be the only version she appears in)