The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #9841
sdp
<<raver>>

I've always wanted to play and I will at some point, heck I think even Nintendo could warm up to it and release it eventually in 10 years

It feels ugly yet cool to see it in 16 bit style, how would you rank it? To me it holds a special place, I didn't play the original during the NES era but did play it before OOT. I wanted to try Zelda before I asked for OOT for Christmas so that summer I found and bought Zelda II, later I found the original and found it. Fun games and understood the limitations which made me more interested in the newer game OOT. I remember having "reputation" points at school for having played a Zelda before OOT.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #9842
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Almost done with Legacy of Goku 2, started yesterday during a thunderstorm to pass the time. It'll be finished either tomorrow or today depending.

I really enjoyed it, even if the game is relatively short. I just wish the game wasn't fully grinding heavy to 100%.

I'll full on review it when I finish.
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #9843
Storm Eagle
Saved by

New Nintendo 3DS XL

I know the New 2DS XL is around the corner, but I opted for the 3DS version since the 3D feature can be kind of nice. Plus it was on sale at Best Buy and I had a $5 Reward Zone coupon.

I also purchased Super Metroid from the eShop, which the picture displays.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #9844
sdp
<<raver>>

Yeah, I'm on the fence as well between the New 3DS and New 3DS. I think the 2DS looks much nicer and is better overall in design but I really like the 3D...

Then again I find it difficult to spend so much money on a handheld I already bought 3 iterations of and that it is old and about to be phased out. So I don't know.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #9845
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I bought Nier: Automata and Horizon since they were both on sale at Best Buy. I'm getting into Nier first. I almost gave it up pretty quickly because I got pretty far into the first level before dying. Problem is, it didn't save that entire time and I had to start all over from the beginning, cut scenes and all. I just turned the difficulty down to Normal and was fine from there.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #9846
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, Nier Automata has some tedious and outright bad game design, I'm warning you now there are a lot of similar tedious moments in the rest of the game too. I thought it was very overrated, it felt like a dated Japanese game that punishes you for the sake of it.

There was even one point I almost vowed to put the game down and not finish it because I got so frustrated at a certain point, but I pushed myself through it to the end.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #9847
Powder
Endless Screw

After I played BSX LOZ, I revisited ALTTP (an all-time favorite which still kicks ass) & I'm following that up with ALBW. This is my second play-through of it, & I forgot how kick ass and truly in spirit it is with ALTTP. They really nailed, & the wall walking mechanic is fun as hell. I hope there's another top-down Zelda game in the next few years. That one was loooong overdue. I'd like to see a remake of Zelda 2, too. I can't really get into the original.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #9848
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
After I played BSX LOZ, I revisited ALTTP (an all-time favorite which still kicks ass) & I'm following that up with ALBW. This is my second play-through of it, & I forgot how kick ass and truly in spirit it is with ALTTP. They really nailed, & the wall walking mechanic is fun as hell. I hope there's another top-down Zelda game in the next few years. That one was loooong overdue. I'd like to see a remake of Zelda 2, too. I can't really get into the original.
Play Links Awakening as well if you haven't, it's on the Virtual Console. The original Gameboy Zelda holds up to this day.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #9849
Powder
Endless Screw

Oh I fully intend to, but this ain't my first rodeo, Cubed. I was playing ALTTP & Link's Awakening when they were brand new, son. Vastly underrated title, eh? But yeah, after this I'm gonna do LA, then the Oracle joints, then Minish cap. Been a while.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #9850
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, you can also try Triforce Heroes or the Four Swords games, they're still fully playable in single player. They're just split up by separate levels rather than worlds, but it has the same classic 2D Zelda gameplay.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #9851
Powder
Endless Screw

I have played them all, my man.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #9852
sdp
<<raver>>

I've been cleaning up my game stuff to start selling my stuff but man it's so hard, I love my consoles and the games I've been finding area ll awesome, it'll be tough, especially for the stuff that I'll get pennies for....but I just don't have any room for them and they've been in boxes for years now..

Because of this tho I started playing Nintendo Land again, it's the only physical game I won for my Wii U (a big mistake I made going digital ). The game is just a mixed bag, the mini games are ok but nothing too immersive and the majority feel very gimmicky, there are only like two stand out mini games in the whole game. I love the colors and the idea of a "Nintendo Land" with mini games, I'd want another game but sadly I don't see that happening. And yeah these mini games showed the Wii U gamepad had no future.

I found Star Fox Zero for about $15 so I think I'm going to buy it, they're starting to clearance out Wii U games, I also saw BOTW & Mario Maker for about $35 but I will wait and see if they go lower. Those three titles are the only "big" Wii U games I don't own. I'm guessing Wii U games will eventually rise a lot in price but that may be a few years before that happens.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:39 PM   #9853
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm warning you now
Warnings from you mean nothing to me.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:53 PM   #9854
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Warnings from you mean nothing to me.
Well be careful, there's some very tedious moments coming up.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:30 PM   #9855
THGhost
Puppet Master

Been taking a nice trip down memory lane with Crash Bandicoot: The N. Sane Trilogy on PS4 lately. Gonna start Sleeping Dogs soon. Also bought a few digital games on PSN which are on offer at the moment: Unravel, Inside and Styx: Shards of Darkness (loved the last Styx game, I might actually start that next).

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:48 PM   #9856
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Sleeping Dogs is good. More people should play that.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #9857
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Yeah, it was very refreshing for the open world genre with the focus on combat and all. Though I didn't know it actually started as a True Crime game, which thinking about it now, it was very similar to it so no duh. It's a shame the sequel got canned.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #9858
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
It's the Definitive Edition too, so all DLC included. I haven't played a good open-world driving/shooting/fighting game like it for a while.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #9859
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

LawBreakers beta was this weekend, played it AND enjoyed it, felt similar to Overwatch in some ways.

Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:49 AM   #9860
Ninjinister
無問題

I bought two games earlier this month on eBay, coming from the UK. One was a game that never received a physical release here, and the other just is more expensive here. The parcel showed up today... with one game. That I have no interest in. For a system I don't own. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Quote:
I got this a while back

And only plugged it in long enough to make sure it functioned. Played like 20 minutes of Tomb Raider and haven't touched it since.

Maybe I'll fire it up again and give Sleeping Dogs a try.

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games