The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #21
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Yep, she's on their site:

http://i58.tinypic.com/9u3spk.jpg

Looks like B&R aren't actually a part of this wave and it'll instead be focusing solely on the Mirage comics. Guess they're part of a later IDW-based wave, hence their look.
They're going specifically for this version of Karai, then?

In other words, the best one? Yeah, I think I'll buy that. Never thought we'd see Mirage Karai represented in toy form. That's pretty awesome.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #22
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so

I was looking at their site earlier.. why does Shredder have a huge bulge?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #23
miru
Mad Scientist

These may be some of the greatest "urban vinyls" ever made.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Bump. These look really cool, and the turtles even have some inspiration from the Nick series (same skin and plastron colors). I can't wait to get these!

Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

I hate to say it but I kinda want this entire line... ;A;

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #26
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Will be interested to get a set of the turtles. Why do they have to be blind boxes....
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #27
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
Will be interested to get a set of the turtles. Why do they have to be blind boxes....
To make a ridiculous amount of money from people trying to get a certain figure or the complete set.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
To make a ridiculous amount of money from people trying to get a certain figure or the complete set.
And thus, this is where the magic of eBay comes into play. I'm all for buying 3-4 boxes to get the more common ones I would be interested in, like the 4 turtles.. but then if I really want shredder and casey and they are less likely to be found, I'll just go to ebay after their release. As long as the prices aren't super inflated, its the easiest route to go when it comes to these blind boxes... I'll be looking for the 4 turtles, casey, and shredder.
tfranzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
cloud
Stone Warrior

Best way is to buy a full case. and just sell the ones you don't one. You have to be patient though. Takes time if the toys aren't popular.
I bought a full case of Simpsons Lego minifigures and sold most of them except an extra Bart and Lisa I think. The DC Scribblenauts I wasn't able to find anyone that wants them.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #30
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Anyone have a more exact release date on these?
Also, I see they are selling in bundles of 8 figures for $100. I assume you have chances of receiving doubles or triples of figures in that lot of 8??
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #31
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

There are different chances on getting each of the different figures.
Most will be 2/16. There are 3 chase figures that will be 1/24, 1/48, and 1/96.

The website does not yet specify which specific figures will have which odds, but this info is usually printed on the packaging.

I'm predicting the turtles, foot soldier (red variant), Splinter, Shredder, Casey 2/16, April 1/24, Black foot soldier 1/48, Karai 1/96.

I could totally be wrong though. We shall see once they are released!
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #32
snooz
Foot Soldier

Do we know what the release date is on these? I think this set is up next on my list of figures to buy... Hopefully I can have some luck pulling these. I went 10/10 with the Kidrobot series, it was magical

EDIT: just checked the site, Sept 15
snooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:15 AM   #33
Powder
So tired of this place

I really hope they make some Mirage variants of the turtles, even if they keep the skin as is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #34
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
And thus, this is where the magic of eBay comes into play. I'm all for buying 3-4 boxes to get the more common ones I would be interested in, like the 4 turtles.. but then if I really want shredder and casey and they are less likely to be found, I'll just go to ebay after their release. As long as the prices aren't super inflated, its the easiest route to go when it comes to these blind boxes... I'll be looking for the 4 turtles, casey, and shredder.
I can vouch for this. My wife and I got really into the Doctor Who minifigures from Titans, and we finally wised up after getting our bajillionth Eleventh Doctor while trying for other characters. And I love 11, but you only need so many of him kicking around the house!

eBay will be pricier than an individual boxed figure, but you could easily spend way more money trying to find the right one (and getting a bunch of doubles in the process) than just going that route.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #35
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I can vouch for this. My wife and I got really into the Doctor Who minifigures from Titans, and we finally wised up after getting our bajillionth Eleventh Doctor while trying for other characters. And I love 11, but you only need so many of him kicking around the house!

eBay will be pricier than an individual boxed figure, but you could easily spend way more money trying to find the right one (and getting a bunch of doubles in the process) than just going that route.
THIS.

See I thought about buying the 8 pack bundle but even that is a lot to spend on a blind gamble.. they sell 8 pack bundles on loyal subjects site for $100. I asked them on twitter to confirm that even with an 8 pack bundle purchase, theres still a possibility of getting doubles or even triples.. if that happened, which they said "they are packed at random, so theres a possibility", i wouldnt be pleased that I spent $100 and got only 3 different figures that would cost me a little under half that on eBay
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
THIS.

See I thought about buying the 8 pack bundle but even that is a lot to spend on a blind gamble.. they sell 8 pack bundles on loyal subjects site for $100. I asked them on twitter to confirm that even with an 8 pack bundle purchase, theres still a possibility of getting doubles or even triples.. if that happened, which they said "they are packed at random, so theres a possibility", i wouldnt be pleased that I spent $100 and got only 3 different figures that would cost me a little under half that on eBay
Yeah.
My plan is to buy a full case and try to sell the duplicates that I'll get. I hope I'll score the harder to find ones in one case.
I'm not too familiar with Loyal Subject's case ratios.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Yeah.
My plan is to buy a full case and try to sell the duplicates that I'll get. I hope I'll score the harder to find ones in one case.
I'm not too familiar with Loyal Subject's case ratios.
Well I'm looking to get one of each turtle, casey, and shredder. If you have doubles and want to sell them once you get the case, PM me. I'll buy some.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #38
cloud
Stone Warrior

I'll let you know. My comic shop wasn't able to find the Loyal Subjects TMNT on the Previews magazine so I'm not sure if he can order a case for me yet. Might have to go with BBTS...
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #39
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

I don't know if this has been shared yet or not but I came across another pic of the Casey Jones figurine today with black highlights around the eyes unlike the one LS had up before. Definitely an improvement!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #40
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I'll let you know. My comic shop wasn't able to find the Loyal Subjects TMNT on the Previews magazine so I'm not sure if he can order a case for me yet. Might have to go with BBTS...
THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJonesFan View Post
I don't know if this has been shared yet or not but I came across another pic of the Casey Jones figurine today with black highlights around the eyes unlike the one LS had up before. Definitely an improvement!
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/...shk4is1ui.jpeg
That definitely looks good.. is it me, or is the mask still like a silverish hue?... i wish it was a little bit whiter

Tags
vinyl figures