The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Warriors Of The Forgotten Sewer Playmates Tie-in Comic

This should be a real treat. Here we have another mini-comic that was created to support a toyline of the same name. Each figure (of which there were 4- Leo, Donnie, Bebop, & Rocksteady. Splinter/Mikey/Warcat were prototyped but cancelled, Raph never even got a sculpt!) came with a copy of this 10 page story, neatly folded up & sealed in plastic. It's goofy but fun, & full of vibrant color. Like the Jim Lee TMNT feature, I wanted to put a new copy of this out in the wild.

Here's the thing- this puppy is no mere rip of the little booklet, my friends. It is taken from copies of the original art itself!
A turtley awesome acquaintance by the name of Chris Fawcett came into the possession of some rare Playmates materials & shared the scans, at which point I began editing them so as to re-release this obscure comic. The original works had many creases and wear marks that I painstakingly removed/painted over. It was also ran through a neural network that smooths out artifacting & grain. Obviously the quality isn't perfect, but I just did this for fun on the fly & was working with compressed scans of 24 year old material. Left the cover free of its logo so you can see the piece in all its glory for the first time.

You can read/download from the Imgur album I've uploaded it at if you prefer- https://imgur.com/a/tdAGT As this is a very obscure toy pack-in with other licensed characters, it is not for sale through any official means nor will it ever be reprinted, so it should be fine to share here.

Illustrated by Dan Berger, colored by Steve Lavigne, with scans provided by Chris Fawcett & clean-up/edits/reformatting by yours truly.

]

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote