The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #541
AquaParade
Banned

Torrents are used for legal downloading as well are they not?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #542
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Hahahaha!

Hahahahahaha!
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #543
AquaParade
Banned

Well we get away with it...so I figure there is some loophole.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #544
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Actually, they are. Several companies and musicians have distributed their material legally through torrents, Nine inch Nails for example. Most do use it for illegal purposes however.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #545
AquaParade
Banned

..........ha
Old 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #546
Super Moderator

Plenty of companies use torrents to distribute their product. World of Warcraft uses a similar system to distribute their server updates and patches. They also use it for digital downloading of the game.

That being said, lots use it for other purposes. Myself included. I just don't want to pay for anime. $25 for 3-4 episodes on a DVD? I don't think so.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #547
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post

That being said, lots use it for other purposes. Myself included. I just don't want to pay for anime. $25 for 3-4 episodes on a DVD? I don't think so.
Seriously, what is with that? I've wanted to pick up the new Guyver series forever(which by this time I'm assuming is not going to get another season), but all the dvd's are super expensive with barely any episodes, like you said.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #548
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Anyone else ever have a problem with malicious programs pretending to be your friend?

Case and point, though I never downloaded it and it's obviously malware, a program called Spyware Guard 2008 popped up out of nowhere and is trying to "help" me by being a constant annoyance and a drag on my PCs speed, which sucks as it is. I've been fighting it for hours, with my antivirus and my (legitimate) anti-spyware program, to no avail. HELP!!! Please...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #549
CJStyles
Hench Mutant

So I was on Youtube looking at videos and there was one with an mp3 of a Paramore song... I clicked th link to download it, clicked the download button but brought me back to the same place where it says "download" did that possibly open myself up for viruses and a possible keylogger code being put on my system?

How does that work anyway? keylogging?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #550
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Anyone else ever have a problem with malicious programs pretending to be your friend?

Case and point, though I never downloaded it and it's obviously malware, a program called Spyware Guard 2008 popped up out of nowhere and is trying to "help" me by being a constant annoyance and a drag on my PCs speed, which sucks as it is. I've been fighting it for hours, with my antivirus and my (legitimate) anti-spyware program, to no avail. HELP!!! Please...
I'm not claiming any responsibility for the accuracy of these instructions, as I've never had to do this myself. Use at your own risk:

Quote:
Step 1 : Use Windows File Search Tool to Find Spyware Guard 2008 Path

1. Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
2. In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "Spyware Guard 2008" file name(s).
3. To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
4. When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of "Spyware Guard 2008", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete Spyware Guard 2008 in the following manual removal steps.
5. "Spyware Guard 2008" files can be found in the directory path(s):
6. %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008 %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Spyware Guard 2008

Step 2 : Use Windows Task Manager to Remove Spyware Guard 2008 Processes

1. To open the Windows Task Manager, use the combination of CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
2. Click on the "Image Name" button to search for "Spyware Guard 2008" process by name.
3. Select the "Spyware Guard 2008" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
4. Remove the "Spyware Guard 2008" processes files:
5. %PROGRAMFILES%\Spyware Guard 2008\spywareguard.exe spywareguard.exe SpywareGuard2008[1].exe

Step 3 : Use Registry Editor to Remove Spyware Guard 2008 Registry Values

1. To open the Registry Editor, go to Start > Run > type regedit and then press the "OK" button.
2. Locate and delete the entry or entries whose data value (in the rightmost column) is the spyware file(s) detected earlier.
3. To delete "Spyware Guard 2008" value, right-click on it and select the "Delete" option.
4. Locate and delete "Spyware Guard 2008" registry entries:
5. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Win... "SpywareGuard2008"

Step 4 : Use Windows Command Prompt to Unregister Spyware Guard 2008 DLL Files

1. To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start > Run > type cmd and then click the "OK" button.
2. Type "cd" in order to change the current directory, press the "space" button, enter the full path to where you believe the Spyware Guard 2008 DLL file is located and press the "Enter" button on your keyboard. If you don't know where Spyware Guard 2008 DLL file is located, use the "dir" command to display the directory's contents.
3. To unregister "Spyware Guard 2008" DLL file, type in the exact directory path + "regsvr32 /u" + [DLL_NAME] (for example, :C\Spyware-folder\> regsvr32 /u Spyware Guard 2008.dll) and press the "Enter" button. A message will pop up that says you successfully unregistered the file.
4. Search and unregister "Spyware Guard 2008" DLL files:
5. %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\olesys.dll olesys.dll %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\olesys.dll %Windir%\vmreg.dll

Step 5 : Detect and Delete Other Spyware Guard 2008 Files

1. To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start > Run > type cmd and then press the "OK" button.
2. Type in "dir /A name_of_the_folder" (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will display the folder's content even the hidden files.
3. To change directory, type in "cd name_of_the_folder".
4. Once you have the file you're looking for type in "del name_of_the_file".
5. To delete a file in folder, type in "del name_of_the_file".
6. To delete the entire folder, type in "rmdir /S name_of_the_folder".
7. Select the "Spyware Guard 2008" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
8. Remove the "Spyware Guard 2008" processes files:
9. olesys.dll spywareguard.exe Spyware Guard 2008.lnk SpywareGuard2008[1].exe %UserProfile%\Desktop\Spyware Guard 2008.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Spyware Guard 2008\ %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\olesys.dll %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Spyware Guard 2008\Uninstall.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Spyware Guard 2008\Spyware Guard 2008.lnk %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\vbase.vdb %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\queue.vdb %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine.vdb %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\mbase.vdb %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\conf.cfg %ProgramFiles%\Spyware Guard 2008\ %Windir%\vmreg.dll %Windir%\sys.com %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\olesys.dll %PROGRAMFILES%\Spyware Guard 2008\spywareguard.exe
Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #551
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior

I bought the lionsgate tmnt volume 4 dvd from two diffrent site's and neither off'em work. Is there anyway i can get'em fixed or buy a new one sure to be satisfied?
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #552
Super Moderator

Are you trying to play them on your DVD drive on your computer, or on a console DVD player? Two DVD's that are defective doesn't seem like a coincidence.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #553
TheUltimateShredhead
Stone Warrior

Well... I have all the other lionsgate dvds and my computer reads them fine, it's just something messed up with the volume 4 disc's' Hope for informative feedback
TheUltimateShredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #554
Evenstar227
Stone Warrior

Can you tell me how to program my keyboard to spit out "ō" and "ū"? A shortcut key involving the pressing of Ctrl or Alt, perhaps? Thanks!!

In the beginning...
Evenstar227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #555
Bigfoot
Stone Warrior

Another site shut my gf's account down because they said that I was a Flaming Troll. What is that?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #556
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar227 View Post
Can you tell me how to program my keyboard to spit out "ō" and "ū"? A shortcut key involving the pressing of Ctrl or Alt, perhaps? Thanks!!
That's probably a question for a German speaker here. I'm not sure how to do that.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #557
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post
That's probably a question for a German speaker here. I'm not sure how to do that.
You forgot the previous question! What's a flaming troll, Ai?!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #558
Super Moderator

I didn't forget it, I just thought that's something you should urbandictionary yourself.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #559
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar227 View Post
Those are Unicode characters, so most applications, such as web browsers, won't allow you to use Alt codes to enter them (normally, Alt codes can only be used for the standard Windows-1252 and the DOS OEM character sets). You could use WordPad, which does support Alt codes for Unicode characters (Alt+0333 for ō and Alt+0363 for ū), and copy/paste them into your browser, or you could use Character Map (under Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools).

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #560
Evenstar227
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Those are Unicode characters, so most applications, such as web browsers, won't allow you to use Alt codes to enter them (normally, Alt codes can only be used for the standard Windows-1252 and the DOS OEM character sets). You could use WordPad, which does support Alt codes for Unicode characters (Alt+0333 for ō and Alt+0363 for ū), and copy/paste them into your browser, or you could use Character Map (under Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools).
Darn, I was hoping the Alt codes could be used on web browsers, as that is where I primarily need them, but it's still handy to have the codes (couldn't find them online for some reason).

Thanks for your help!!

In the beginning...
Evenstar227 is offline   Reply With Quote