The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #721
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Apparently the DC streaming shows will be available to Netflix for international users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Greg Weisman always bites off more than he can chew. Watch him end Season 3 on another cliffhanger even if they don't know if they'll get any more seasons after.
The only reason this got a season 3 was that WB needed a cult loved show to hook those hardcore people when the service began. Weisman is deluded and still genuinely thinks he'll be able to continue Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man eventually and he thought the same for YJ which did happen but it's the exception that proves the rule he doesn't realize WB is just using the fanbase to establish their streaming service. So yeah, awful cliffanger in the end
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #722
Vegita-San
Emperor

pretty crappy business model. rest of the world gets netflix. we have to subscribe to 15 different services to get one show each at best.. :/

yeah, i don't see this ending well.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #723
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Man, we're STILL complaining about "too many characters"? Again, I hope you guys whine and moan this much about the transition from Justice League to Justice League Unlimited as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The entitlement and lack of self-awareness possessed by this generation is staggering.
I wouldn't say it's exclusive to this generation (baby boomers do exist), but I don't get why US people get so cocky about pirating. It's literally just one service. You don't HAVE to subscribe to 15 streaming services. You can unsubscribe from one or two for a month if you don't want to pay more. I don't have Netflix or Hulu every month because I know not everything in their selection interests me. I mostly get it when stuff I'm interested in is added, and that's the thing streaming channels pay attention to the most.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:53 PM   #724
CyberCubed
Overlord

So half of Season 4 is out now, anyone watched it?

Aqualad is gay now. Lagoon Boy is gay now but also bisexual. Violet has decided to use "they/them" as her gender pronouns and there's an entire scene in the credits of an episode dedicated to her figuring this out. There was also a whole scene of Violet learning about Islamic culture.

The plot has still barely moved an inch although to be fair they have resolved a few long lasting plotlines like Zatanna getting her father out of Fate's helmet, Artemis/Tigress made peace with her sister Chesire, and we see Aqualad in Atlantis and Miss Martian/Superboy on Mars making peace. Although Beast Boy has been depressed all season and now Superboy is trapped in the Phantom zone and everyone thinks he's dead. The legion of superheroes characters have also traveled back in time to save Superboy.

That's where we're at right now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #725
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Aqualad is gay now. Lagoon Boy is gay now but also bisexual. Violet has decided to use "they/them" as her gender pronouns and there's an entire scene in the credits of an episode dedicated to her figuring this out. There was also a whole scene of Violet learning about Islamic culture.
Jesus, man. Be careful what you wish for, and all.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:09 PM   #726
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

The plot has still barely moved an inch although to be fair they have resolved a few long lasting plotlines like Zatanna getting her father out of Fate's helmet, Artemis/Tigress made peace with her sister Chesire, and we see Aqualad in Atlantis and Miss Martian/Superboy on Mars making peace. Although Beast Boy has been depressed all season and now Superboy is trapped in the Phantom zone and everyone thinks he's dead. The legion of superheroes characters have also traveled back in time to save Superboy.

That's where we're at right now.
wait... so they traveled back in time to save Superboy... is there another Superboy still trapped in the Phantom Zone?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:13 PM   #727
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
wait... so they traveled back in time to save Superboy... is there another Superboy still trapped in the Phantom Zone?
Superboy blew up in an explosion on Mars into lava, and Miss Martian and the other characters think he's dead. But he's still alive and somehow got stuck in the Phantom Zone. I don't know how he got to the Phantom Zone from Mars but it hasn't been explained.

Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy and one other character from the Legion of Superheroes traveled back in time to save Superboy's life but failed, so now they're stuck in the present time trying to figure out a way to either bring Superboy back or have the regular Superman take Superboy's place in an important moment in history 10 years from now.

Besides that half the cast is either gay, bisexual or uses gender pronouns now. Thankfully Artemis is still straight, and Superboy/Miss Martian were married together before he blew up in the season opening arc. Nightwing has barely appeared this season so there's nothing to say about him.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:16 PM   #728
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Now if they were smart, they would have saved Superboy in the past and then have a second older angrier Superboy come back later, one that was stuck in the Phantom Zone and thought his friends abandoned him and never tried looking.

Way more interesting than whose pronouns are whose anyway.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-21-2022, 04:49 PM   #729
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jesus, man. Be careful what you wish for, and all.
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't watched the show in years - never loved it as much as some people did; it was okay but I lost interest some time early in Season 2 - but I remember all the caterwauling from fans about bringing it back.

Seems like they forgot that aside from Cobra Kai, for some reason, every single modern-age revival show needs to be run through the "woke" filter. So everything going on with it now really shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Sounds dreadful though. As I've said elsewhere, super-hero fiction in general has become nothing but a Wokester Ideology Delivery System, so I'm all but done with it across the board. Comics, cartoons, movies... I just completely don't care anymore. It's all nonsense. It's like Kappa and plas got hired to oversee the entire genre in all media and it's unbearable.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #730
CyberCubed
Overlord

Here's the clip from the episode with her talking about changing her gender from female to non-binary and using gender pronounces like they/them. It's only a 1 minute clip, watch this to have your mind blown:

The ending credits of each ep have a scene like this.

I can't believe they put this stuff in kids cartoons now.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #731
neatoman
Emperor

The latest episode just kind of decided that Green Lantern the animated series is part of it's canon, as it followed up on the cliffhanger ending. I don't exactly feel like going through both GLTAS and the first three seasons of Young Justice just to check if there are any contradictions, I'm just going to assume there aren't any major ones since GLTAS took place almost entirely in space and focused on GL specific characters, while YJ mostly takes place on earth with a general DC focus. It's just kind of weird because I never assumed they were meant to be part of the same continuity, I know some people assumed GLTAS was part of the DCAU, I just thought they were both meant to be unrelated to anything else.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #732
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Seems like they forgot that aside from Cobra Kai, for some reason, every single modern-age revival show needs to be run through the "woke" filter. So everything going on with it now really shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Sounds dreadful though. As I've said elsewhere, super-hero fiction in general has become nothing but a Wokester Ideology Delivery System, so I'm all but done with it across the board. Comics, cartoons, movies... I just completely don't care anymore. It's all nonsense.
That's why lately I only buy older stuff from the 90's or independent comics that don't go for the woke ****. **** that noise.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:46 PM   #733
sdp
Megan Fox = April

to be fair it was the tumblr crowd that helped revive the show, so I guess it makes sense to appeal to them. Not to mention if they're meant to be "young" and "realistic" as Weisman said back when the show premiered, it's the current fad with younger kids today so it makes sense they'd be into that. No different than making "young" cartoon characters emo like emo rogue in X-Men evolution.

I liked the show a lot but I've not been compelled to watch the revival. The wounds are still fresh when they announced "DC Animation will have a new golden age" and within a year all the shows were basically cancelled. Action shows died that year in favor of comedy which is still the trend today.

Last edited by sdp; 04-21-2022 at 06:06 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:42 PM   #734
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Nope, not agenda at all!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:06 PM   #735
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Here's the clip from the episode with her talking about changing her gender from female to non-binary and using gender pronounces like they/them. It's only a 1 minute clip, watch this to have your mind blown:

The ending credits of each ep have a scene like this.

I can't believe they put this stuff in kids cartoons now.

Oh, for Christ's sake...

Brief opinion on YJ: Love, love, LOVED season 1. Found season 2 to be 'meh' but not awful, and liked the ending. I tried season 3, got bored with it, and never finished. With season 4, I got tons and tons of clips for it on my Youtube recommendations page...and I watched them, and wow. So fricking bad.

As someone who suffers through depression, I found the characters' harassment of Beast Boy to be offensive. I honestly wanted him to smack them all for their fake sounding 'sympathy'. Ohoho, not just that. The Aqualad stuff is so cringy. He was one of my favorites in season 1...and now reduced to a token for his race, and...sexuality (seems he is fully gay now, but then again, bisexuals don't 'count' unless they are in same sex relationships, according to someone I argued against on Reddit yesterday).

This clip is just horrible. Such awful writing. Love that they reduce the discussion of sexuality and identity to this. Do these people even do superhero stuff anymore? For real, Cyber, elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
to be fair it was the tumblr crowd that helped revive the show, so I guess it makes sense to appeal to them. Not to mention if they're meant to be "young" and "realistic" as Weisman said back when the show premiered, it's the current fad with younger kids today so it makes sense they'd be into that. No different than making "young" cartoon characters emo like emo rogue in X-Men evolution.
At least Rogue felt like a fully formed character with her own arcs that weren't related to her being a goth/emo.

Let's do a test, shall we? I dare people here to describe Violet's character, but without mentioning her race, religion, sexuality, or her superpowers (that I bet she barely uses).
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:30 PM   #736
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post

Let's do a test, shall we? I dare people here to describe Violet's character, but without mentioning her race, religion, sexuality, or her superpowers (that I bet she barely uses).
I had no idea there was a character by that name in the DC Universe.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:33 PM   #737
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Violet_Harper_(Prime_Earth)
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 03:50 PM   #738
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Well her superhero name is "Halo"

https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Halo

Technically the "real" Violet died, and the entity that consumed her body and brought her back to life is something else. So that's why she doesn't identify as a female because it's technically not her body, but then that feels even more insulting to use "they/them" gender pronounces since it's not a real person either way.

Also, the overall plot with Darkseid and Vandal Savage has barely progressed an inch from the end of Season 2. The show got 2 more seasons and 50+ new episodes, and Darkseid is still standing there in the same position like a statue.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:34 PM   #739
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Well her superhero name is "Halo"

https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Halo

Technically the "real" Violet died, and the entity that consumed her body and brought her back to life is something else. So that's why she doesn't identify as a female because it's technically not her body, but then that feels even more insulting to use "they/them" gender pronounces since it's not a real person either way.

Also, the overall plot with Darkseid and Vandal Savage has barely progressed an inch from the end of Season 2. The show got 2 more seasons and 50+ new episodes, and Darkseid is still standing there in the same position like a statue.
Sheesh. At least Thanos had a comfy throne to sit on in between movies.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:08 PM   #740
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So was there any woke stuff before the series was resurrected, or is there like a line there and everything afterward is where it suddenly started popping up?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
young cucktice