The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Nothing really, but Wrath of the Titans wasn't very good. So I'm skeptical.
I haven't seen Wrath but I mostly enjoyed Clash... and the consensus from what I read seemed to be that Wrath was slightly better than Clash.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #42
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

As a big fan of the franchise who nonetheless never even knew whom Eastman and Laird were until sometime in the 2000s, I need to ask: Was Peter Laird really that vocal about his criticisms of various incarnations before becoming the sole owner of the franchise? I always sort of imagined that up unti the point it all got too stupid even for the Fred Wolf fans, both were just smiling and nodding for the press.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #43
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not in the slightest. Kevin is just happy to be a part of things again, plus he's being paid. Of course he's gonna say nice things. But that aside, he's so passionate about his creation, the turtles, that seeing them in the limelight or re-imagined in any capacity seems to thrill him. Rightfully so, but still, he's far too objective with the property for my tastes. While I am a fan of The Next Mutation, and concepts for the never made 4th live action film, I realize others hate them, so y'all should remember he was the dude developing and backing these ideas.
I trust Peter Liard's opinion a lot more, even though he seems quite ..pessimistic ? I guess you could say. Bitter would suit it more. I still got a lot of love for Kevin respect the hell out of him can't say anything bad but this whole thing powder said is just so on the money.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #44
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I don't get why Powder used the word "objective"; seems to me Kevin Eastman is the exact opposite!

Tags
kevin eastman, live action films