The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Once upon a Time Machine set during the same timeline as Red Sky?
Yes, I think so 3 37.50%
No, I don't think so 5 62.50%
I don't care, no idea 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Is Once upon a Time Machine set during the same timeline as the Red Sky seasons?

Is the future Earth in Once upon a Time Machine of the Fred Wolf series set during the same timeline as the Red Sky seasons? (many years later, of course). Did the turtles and April O'Neil we see in Once upon a Time Machine ever experience what happens in the Red Sky seasons? Or are they both different possible future timelines? (just like the one where Dregg won)

What do you think?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I haven’t watched that episode in years, but I’d say no.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

I think so.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

So I just wasted 20 minutes of my life watching a fairy tale rabbit and geezer turtles, just to see if there's any point to this.

The answer is no, they have nothing in common, the latter episode was clearly written in ignorance or dismissal of the former. Trying to connect them is stupid.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite

No for a very good reason: the present TMNT travelled to the future to see what their future would be. Interacting with their future selves immediately altered their present future meaning the future we see in Once Upon a Time Machine became an alternate future. When our TMNT went back to the present, with the knowledge they have of their future would mean hopefully that future never occurs. Classic episode, a shame it wasn't one of the better animated ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So I just wasted 20 minutes of my life watching a fairy tale rabbit and geezer turtles, just to see if there's any point to this.

The answer is no, they have nothing in common, the latter episode was clearly written in ignorance or dismissal of the former. Trying to connect them is stupid.
Of course you did. How enlightening your posts about the FW series are as usual...he lied.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

So when's the honeymoon, you two?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No for a very good reason: the present TMNT travelled to the future to see what their future would be. Interacting with their future selves immediately altered their present future meaning the future we see in Once Upon a Time Machine became an alternate future. When our TMNT went back to the present, with the knowledge they have of their future would mean hopefully that future never occurs. Classic episode, a shame it wasn't one of the better animated ones.
Agreed, one may argue about the physics of Time Travel and what not, but the intention of that episode was clear, to showcase that our turtles won't fall into the same trap after learning their lesson.

Although to be fair, even if they did end up like that all those years later, even the unhealthy old turtles eventually get redeemed after the scene where they use their wits to defeat Shredder and regain some of their mojo.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Exactly!! And the same with Carter the Enforcer. However, the latter is much better. Not even the return of Bebop and Rocksteady's gang could save "OATM".
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Not even the return of Bebop and Rocksteady's gang could save "OATM".
Aww you're breaking my heart here. I really like OATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Although to be fair, even if they did end up like that all those years later, even the unhealthy old turtles eventually get redeemed after the scene where they use their wits to defeat Shredder and regain some of their mojo.
At least there's less danger now of weight gain.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #10
cammy85
Stone Warrior

OK, it's not all bad. The old Turtles using their brains to beat Shredder was very cool.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I believe it was the future of the series as it was, but by series end would have changed. The future
is not set, but by indications of the future had up to the point of Carter The Enforcer showed a change in a likely at the time future. So just an alternate future depending on where the series is.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I believe it was the future of the series as it was, but by series end would have changed. The future
is not set, but by indications of the future had up to the point of Carter The Enforcer showed a change in a likely at the time future. So just an alternate future depending on where the series is.
Yeah that's my belief as well.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We need a synopsis for those that don't remember once upon a time machine, my gut instinct would tell me it'll eventually happen but without watching it again I can't be sure, there are some futures that are clearly non-canon and erased like Shredder Triumphant (?). Didn't the TMNT also team up with themselves in one of the red sky seasons, in that case neither future was really erased. I don't think the OT was particularly consistent with how time travel worked.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #14
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I started to think that too a few days ago.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We need a synopsis for those that don't remember once upon a time machine.
Alright.
  • Shredder intends to go to the year 3000 in order to take over but only gets to 2036. There he discovers that he's been defeated and that the Turtles have eradicated crime.
  • Shredder concludes this means everyone in the future is a pussy who can't fight back.He sends back Bebop and Rocksteady back in time to bring some thugs into the future so they can help him take over.
  • The Turtles of that era can't defeat Shredder because they're old and weak. Luckily the Turtles from the present are there to save the day and everyone goes back home.

There's also a fairy tale rabbit from the previous episode running around and there's some tacked on moral about staying in shape, but it's not really that important to note.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  • Shredder intends to go to the year 3000 in order to take over but only gets to 2036. There he discovers that he's been defeated and that the Turtles have eradicated crime.
  • Shredder concludes this means everyone in the future is a pussy who can't fight back.He sends back Bebop and Rocksteady back in time to bring some thugs into the future so they can help him take over.
  • The Turtles of that era can't defeat Shredder because they're old and weak. Luckily the Turtles from the present are there to save the day and everyone goes back home.
Yep and that's why I love this episode. Great concept.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #17
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Exactly. "Once Upon A Time" had Splinter warning the Turtles about what their present habits would eventually do if they didn't smarten enough and boom!! You saw what the Turtles looked like. The TMNT mended their ways and that future ceased to be.

Carter the Enforcer showed what would happen if the Turtles had given up fighting Dregg. Much better than the concept episode.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Carter the Enforcer showed what would happen if the Turtles had given up fighting Dregg. Much better than the concept episode.
Which was the one where Dregg won in the future, and forced Humans to build spacecraft for him? And Dregg sent a Carter-like duplicate robot back in time to destroy the turtles.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #19
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Yes!! I should've included that. Thanks!! Dregg in that episode was building a ship to "help patrol the city and keep everyone safe from alien activity". The spaceship Starshield was already built. He said he would launch it in a month, but he launched it shortly after the Turtles disappeared in the present. So in the future, Dregg won. When the Turtles destroyed the android in the future and again in the present, it was just a a matter of taking out the Starshield as it freshly launched. I wonder how no one saw it launch ahead of schedule?