The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #2821
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
From the look of things, this show I'd say will be about 75% 4kids and 25% OT influenced. I hope this show goes beyond the 52 episodes and most importantly, ends with a TMNT decisive victory with Shredder destroyed!
Nick said they want the show to become as popular as Spongebob.

There's no reason it won't be a success given Nick will promote the hell out of it. I suspect it'll have a 7 season run at the least, but if we're really lucky it might be the longest lasting TMNT show of all 3.

With 26 episode seasons confirmed, by the end of Season 2 it'll already have 52 episodes. 5 seasons will get us over 130 episodes...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #2822
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick said they want the show to become as popular as Spongebob.

There's no reason it won't be a success given Nick will promote the hell out of it. I suspect it'll have a 7 season run at the least, but if we're really lucky it might be the longest lasting TMNT show of all 3.

With 26 episode seasons confirmed, by the end of Season 2 it'll already have 52 episodes. 5 seasons will get us over 130 episodes...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #2823
CyberCubed
Overlord

There is no reason to not expect a long run. 4kids gave us 157 episodes and 7 seasons despite poor ratings and airing on an obscure block nobody watched.

TMNT will get star treatment on Nickelodeon, one of the most popular kids channels and will likely be promoted alongside Spongebob.

I suspect a very long run with 7 seasons being the minimum.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #2824
gobo
Wacky Action

I expect it'll have 25 seasons, minimum. That's the more reasonable assumption.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #2825
Donnie
Something from the Past

Thanks for all the info people. This sounds so awesome!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #2826
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Looks like a lot of you already saw the presentation and are talking about it, but here's the Toonzone write-up on the event, just for reference.

The news is a mix of excitement and disappointment in some areas, but I'm still going to give it a fair shot. I usually give cartoons about 4-5 episodes before I drop them, though I suspect TMNT will have enough positive qualities to overcome any shortcomings for me.

I'm definitely interested in seeing something totally new and different from the 4Kids series (I actually have no desire to see Mirage storylines adapted; we just finished an entire series composed of adapted Mirage storylines) and the mix of Fred Wolf/Archie/Playmates characters is what I've been waiting for for quite a while.

The... Teen Titans-esque "anime-wannabe constant string of super deformed chibi sight gags" thing isn't really the most appealing style to me (I know a lot of people like it, though) and it's the reason I gave up on Ultimate Spider-Man after the aforementioned 5 episode probationary period. Hopefully it won't be so intrusive or obnoxious as to completely turn me off of the series and I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it won't be.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 05-28-2012 at 09:50 AM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #2827
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
That's the Teen Titans influence.
Oh helll no.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #2828
gobo
Wacky Action

Oh, shell yes. A lot of the production crew worked on that show.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #2829
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

When I saw an earlier shot of the Turtles of Playmates Past I thought it looked cool...that close up, however, makes me realize how icky it is.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #2830
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
The... Teen Titans-esque "anime-wannabe constant string of super deformed chibi sight gags" thing isn't really the most appealing style to me (I know a lot of people like it, though) and it's the reason I gave up on Ultimate Spider-Man after the aforementioned 5 episode probationary period. Hopefully it won't be so intrusive or obnoxious as to completely turn me off of the series and I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it won't be.
Being a fan of anime, that kind of style might work for me but it depends on how it is. From what I remember, earlier Teen Titans used it in a way that wasn't too obtrusive (at least for me), and became one of the things I really enjoyed about the show. The mid-to-later eps started to abuse it a little more though. And though I haven't seen them yet, as excited as I am for that cast's return, the idea of the SD shorts makes me worry about how they are.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #2831
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
I hope this show goes beyond the 52 episodes and most importantly, ends with a TMNT decisive victory with Shredder destroyed!
I dunno if I'd see Shredder to be destroyed, this is a Nick cartoon after all, defeated once and for all yes

Quote:
Some other thoughts: What will be Shredder's hideout this time? Will it be a Foot HQ, a large base like the Technodrome, or something else? How much fourth-wall breaking jokes will there be?
Please be another Technodrome! Also, this being a Nick cartoon I'd see some fourth-wall breaking jokes

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #2832
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebrush View Post
Personally, I think these designs for the Turtles are the best since the original comic books. Far better than any of the other TV series. I can tell that a lot of careful thought has gone into each character and this is shown in the individual features of each turtle, including the expressions on their faces. I mean, just look at the picture I posted above of the bottles of water we got at the event yesterday - the label is just a bandanna with the eyes, but the expression of the eyes are different for each Turtle (I only came home with 2 so I can't show you the others). Just the eyes tell you about the personality of that Turtle. It's such a simple little thing but it works really well.
4Kids already did this, you know. It's nothing new. Each of them had different individual facial expressions, eye shapes, etc. So Nick is just copying 4Kids.

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #2833
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
4Kids already did this, you know. It's nothing new. Each of them had different individual facial expressions, eye shapes, etc. So Nick is just copying 4Kids.
The 4Kids Turtles were pretty cookie cutter. The Nick Turtles are more similar to the 2007 movie Turtles.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #2834
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post

Not at all. Sure there were subtle differences between the turtles in the 4kids show but the same could be said of the films, Next mutation...
They're copying nothing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #2835
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick wasn't kidding when they implied the 4kids Turtles were too muscular looking.

I actually prefer the somewhat slim and/or scrawny look of the Nick Turtles. They really do look like teenagers now.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #2836
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist

i prefer not too slim nor too muscular...somehow proper like the CGI design d be ideal
Old 05-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #2837
Chris
Mad Scientist

Most pictures of the weekend are still on my wife's phone (her camera is way better than mine) but here's some pictures of the signing and sketching that Kevin very kindly did for me

TMNT Vol. 1 #50

Collected Book Vol. 1

Kevin was awesome with this. He asked who my favourite Turtle was whilst signing #50 and then just said he was gonna do a sketch for me, I didn't even have to ask! Amazingly nice guy.

Raph Sketch for a friend

Kevin very kindly did this for a friend of mine who couldn't make it to the con. I'm giving it him this week, he still doesn't know I've got it!

Leo Artwork I bought from him (great price and a fantastic piece of my favourite Turtle)

Edit - Pictures should work properly now (not used ImageShack before). Sorry for the "Ralph" typo, the iPad must have auto-corrected but I was in a rush for work and didn't notice, so embarrassed!! Needless to say it's been corrected!

Last edited by Chris; 05-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #2838
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Leo Artwork I bought from him (great price and a fantastic piece of my favourite Turtle)
Godammit! If I'd arrived 5 minutes earlier to join the queue that artwork would have been mine! (I can't find an appropriate smiley for "very jealous" so I'll have to make do with crying instead )
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #2839
Chris
Mad Scientist

I was about to say there was another Leo piece (both are on Kevin's website) but I guess that must have sold pretty much straight away as well if you didn't see it. I just checked his website and both are now listed as sold.

He had so much great art with him (the guy before me got two unused covers from the old RPG books for a fantastic price as well) I could have spent a fortune if I had it!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #2840
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome pics, Chris. Thanks for sharing them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick