The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 06:26 AM   #1
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Strange Audio at 52:35 Mark in Secret of the Ooze

Ok, gang. Inspired by the cast reunion Judith Hoag organized the other night, I decided to go back and rewatch the original trilogy. Last night I watched Secret of the Ooze, and I picked up on a very brief but very strange piece of audio I hadn't noticed before.

When Donatello is untying the professor at the 52 minute mark, there's a very strange piece of audio just after Don removes the tape from the professor's mouth. It's definitely NOT dialogue or ambient sound effects--it sounds like some kind of technician talking. It's hard to make out precisely but sounds something like, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, R7."

The version I have is the blu-ray from the pizza boxset, and the voice I heard is audible on different audio mixes.

Has anyone else ever noticed this or have an explanation for it?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
frank_one
Mad Scientist

My guess is that what you hear is the voice of one member of the filming crew calling out the current scene number.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Internet law #1289473846 states that any strange audio must be the result of a haunted version of the movie and it must be subject to a Creepypasta
Old 05-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
My guess is that what you hear is the voice of one member of the filming crew calling out the current scene number.
Makes sense. How strange that such a thing made it into the final cut, and wasn't caught during the transfer process.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Can't believe I've never heard that before. It's so clear when you're actually listening for it.

One thing, though - It's unlikely to have been recorded on set. Donatello has the full animatronic head in that setup, rather than the fixed expression one, so almost certainly all the sound (apart from the rogue voice, presumably) is sound effects, Foley and David Warner and Adam Carl's post-synched dialogue. That's because of how noisy the mechanism in the Turtle head was; it rendered all the sound recorded on set useless except as a reference for ADR.

I'm guessing that the voice must be someone involved either with the Foley track or the final sound mix, and their voice was only supposed to be on there temporarily and someone forgot to remove it.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:31 AM   #6
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Can't believe I've never heard that before. It's so clear when you're actually listening for it.

One thing, though - It's unlikely to have been recorded on set. Donatello has the full animatronic head in that setup, rather than the fixed expression one, so almost certainly all the sound (apart from the rogue voice, presumably) is sound effects, Foley and David Warner and Adam Carl's post-synched dialogue. That's because of how noisy the mechanism in the Turtle head was; it rendered all the sound recorded on set useless except as a reference for ADR.

I'm guessing that the voice must be someone involved either with the Foley track or the final sound mix, and their voice was only supposed to be on there temporarily and someone forgot to remove it.
Right!? It's crystal clear!