The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #201
Zage
Hench Mutant

I hope that both Leatherhead and the Punk Frogs make an appearance.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #202
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Is territory the name of the next arc?
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #203
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder26 View Post
Is territory the name of the next arc?
"Territory" was the original name of the arc that wound up getting retitled "New Mutant Order".

"Vengeance" is the name of the next arc following "Attack on Technodrome".
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #204
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Ahh ok..thanks for the quick reply
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:37 AM   #205
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

So... for chronological purposes it seems obvious Mutanimals #1 picks up right after #43, but for reading purposes I'm guessing it'll probably slot in better after #44.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:12 AM   #206
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
So... for chronological purposes it seems obvious Mutanimals #1 picks up right after #43, but for reading purposes I'm guessing it'll probably slot in better after #44.
I think it'll be the same deal as Utrom Empire. The issues take place throughout the Northampton arc, but it reads better all at once after Northampton.

Figure Mutanimals will be the same thing with Attack on Technodrome, yeah.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #207
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
"Territory" was the original name of the arc that wound up getting retitled "New Mutant Order".

"Vengeance" is the name of the next arc following "Attack on Technodrome".
Is this confirmed, 100%?

Of course, I know even if it is they could always change it
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #208
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Aww... I loved Territory a lot more.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #209
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Is this confirmed, 100%?

Of course, I know even if it is they could always change it
Yeah, Bobby mentioned it back when that arc began, in the Q&A threat at the IDW forums, I believe (someone asked him what the name of the next arc would be, he said "Territory" then it later got renamed to "New Mutant Order").
Old 02-26-2015, 02:51 PM   #210
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Yeah, Bobby mentioned it back when that arc began, in the Q&A threat at the IDW forums, I believe (someone asked him what the name of the next arc would be, he said "Territory" then it later got renamed to "New Mutant Order").
Oh sorry I meant the next arc, is it for sure going to be called Vengeance?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #211
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Oh sorry I meant the next arc, is it for sure going to be called Vengeance?
Ohhhhhh.

Well, we may have come to that conclusion from the title of the Free Comic Book Day comic being "Prelude to Vengeance", but I wanna say Bobby confirmed that title, too, somewhere. It's kinda tough to dig for quotes from the Q&A thread at the IDW forums, though.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #212
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Ohhhhhh.

Well, we may have come to that conclusion from the title of the Free Comic Book Day comic being "Prelude to Vengeance", but I wanna say Bobby confirmed that title, too, somewhere. It's kinda tough to dig for quotes from the Q&A thread at the IDW forums, though.
Yeah that's what I gathered too. I tried looking through the IDW forums yesterday but I don't really like the way they're set up. Maybe Bobby will stop by soon and confirm or deny.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #213
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I made a quip in-thread about "Vengeance" being the name of the next arc when the FCBD preview came out, maybe other people either got it from me or had the same idea. I haven't seen anything official.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #214
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Well, #44 is going to pick up exactly where #43 left off, if not mere moments after.

Mutanimals starts on the same night, but they at least had the drive home. So for now I'm just putting Mutanimals #1 after #44. Technically I could put them next to each other with a slash in between like I do for concurrent issues but there's no real reason here.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #215
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well, #44 is going to pick up exactly where #43 left off, if not mere moments after.

Mutanimals starts on the same night, but they at least had the drive home. So for now I'm just putting Mutanimals #1 after #44. Technically I could put them next to each other with a slash in between like I do for concurrent issues but there's no real reason here.
this is where the distinction between chronology and best reading order becomes important. its not crucial, but understanding the difference helps avoid confusion

I think the best reading order, as already stated, is to read the entire Mutanimals mini-series after the Attack on Technodrome arc is concluded, issue #44, but chronologically Mutanimals #1 takes place at roughly the same time as #44, and the rest of the Mutanimals mini-series likely takes place in the few days immediately after their rescue of MM from the Null lab
Old 04-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #216
ianke_2002
Foot Soldier

Hi guys. Two questions.

1) The only Infestation stuff I have other than tmnt 1+2 is the ones that are just labeled Infestation #1+2. So these were part of the overall infestation 2 storyline, but not tied to the tmnt per se. I also do not have any of the other franchises issues involved with the Infestation story because, well, I don't particularly care about any of them other than TMNT. My question is.....the continuity written down here doesn't mention Infestation 1+2 at all. Just Infestation TMNT 1+2. Am I to assume those 2 issues I have do not matter at all? Can they fit in the IDW continuity? If so....where? TIA guys!

2) Similar question. The X-Files Conspiracy 6-part series. I am a big x-files fan. I have heard that the Conspiracy thing was generally disliked....but still....do the 6 issues fit in there somewhere? If so....where please?

I'm asking these questions because I have been collecting this IDW series since it first came out and have NEVER read a single issue. I know, I'm weird like that. But I want to start very soon...I just REALLY want to read every single thing in exact correct reading order. Thanks for reading my mini-novel guys!
ianke_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:02 AM   #217
ToTheNines
[sic]

Infestation #1-2 does not really have anything to do with the TMNT issues. You can skip them. I believe Spengler reviewed then at TMNTEntity if you want a run down though.

Conspiracy does tie into the Northampton arc but has a couple of continuity errors. However if you read the whole thing you'll see that the whole thing was rendered non canon to pretty much all franchises involved. Still worth a read if you're an X Files guy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 AM   #218
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

ToTheNines got it.

Infestation 2 #1-2 are pretty much unconnected, at least from the POV of the TMNT Infestation 2 issues.

The Turtles appear in one panel in a montage in Infestation 2 #1 and only on the cover of Infestation 2 #2. You really don't need those issues, not even for narrative purposes (TMNT Infestation 2 #1-2 can be read completely isolated from the other Infestation 2 issues and you wouldn't know they were supposed to be connected).

And yeah, X-Files Conspiracy: TMNT is full of continuity errors, but it doesn't matter anyway because the Conspiracy miniseries had a weird time reboot thing that made the whole miniseries and all its crossovers "not happen".

Likewise, the bookending X-Files Conspiracy #1-2 don't feature the Turtles aside from a small picture of one on a newspaper in #1 and not at all in #2 (not even a cover).
Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #219
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Thank God for this thread, ad thank you for the contribution everyone!

I just started reading again (after a long hiatus) and there's so many plots. Re-reading them again from the start in proper flow would be great!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #220
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

So um, is 50 like the last issue for this run?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline