Mad Scientist

TMNT #95 Preview and Discussion

First look:

Spoiler:

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Didn't expect me to be the first one to reply to this.

A good preview, and curious as to what else happens.

Last edited by 80gmrp; 06-26-2019 at 11:36 AM.
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

It still irks me that Jennika is the crux of this story so far. I just don't care about her.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I agree, Cylons, I need this story to go some more interesting places, cuz Jennika ain’t it dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
If it makes you feel better, Cylons, I actually have my own irk, but I’m not going to delve into it because I’m tired of causing trouble over it.
I’ll bite; what’s your beef?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

I kinda agree. When Slash died I was sad because he had been around since practically the beginning of the series, he went through a lot of development, then Bishop mind controlled him and placed a bomb inside of him, but he died a heroic death. He was well done from beginning to end.

Jennika never really grew on me, she got a bit better when we learned her backstory and some good moments here and there, but overall, eh. I'm not too fond of so many human characters in general, although I love Harold.

Even Lindsey isn't too interesting when you remove her from the context of the Mutanimals. Speaking of that I still don't know if Old Hob is holding Lindsey hostage or she's free to come and go as she pleases. Didn't she ask Hob for permission to go with the Turtles in the previous issue or am I remembering wrong?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Even Lindsey isn't too interesting when you remove her from the context of the Mutanimals. Speaking of that I still don't know if Old Hob is holding Lindsey hostage or she's free to come and go as she pleases. Didn't she ask Hob for permission to go with the Turtles in the previous issue or am I remembering wrong?
IIRC, Hob (sort of) offered her a job and Pete was the one holding her hostage. Don't quote me on that, though. I've always seen her as Hob's "employee" rather than hostage, so obviously she's free to come and go but would still like to have his blessing/permission.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:05 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The consensus is back:

Pretty soon, someone's going to have to get Ma'riell into a bubble walker so she can explain everything she knows about Ooze. She probably knows more than everyone.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I agree with everyone's sentiment for the most part. I feel Jennika has been a rather dull character, but she has grown on me I must admit. I am hoping that this issue is not too narrative driven or a setup issue. I just want to seek some good old TMNT.

This issue comes out next week???? ugh.... I really wish this series was bi-monthly....The series would be so much better.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #9
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Pretty soon, someone's going to have to get Ma'riell into a bubble walker so she can explain everything she knows about Ooze. She probably knows more than everyone.
And after she explains that, she can explain what she was doing with Splinters and the Turtles DNA and QNA all those years
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:51 AM   #10
Igglet

This issue's apparently gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, fellas. Tom's been hyping it up like CRAZY over on Twitter. "This is an issue I've wanted to write since I started working on #TMNT years ago." Looks like we're in for a ride.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:40 AM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well...that's certainly something, and I'm going to hide in a foxhole WWI style while everything goes down.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Iam returning very soon that why Tom has been hyping it so much. That the begining of my return.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
This issue's apparently gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, fellas. Tom's been hyping it up like CRAZY over on Twitter. "This is an issue I've wanted to write since I started working on #TMNT years ago." Looks like we're in for a ride.
Tom is active on Twitter? I don't do social networking. He never comes around here anymore. If he wants to tease how about doing it here?
Old 06-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #14
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Tom is active on Twitter? I don't do social networking. He never comes around here anymore. If he wants to tease how about doing it here?
Well, for one, Twitter reaches a far, far wider audience than this forum. Honestly, only the most hardcore fans dwell here seeing how outdated it is, and those said fans likely don't need any further teasing to be sold on this stuff. Plus, the forum also tends to be quite toxic at times so I definitely wouldn't blame any writers for avoiding it.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The entire IDW staff is on twitter. Hell, practically half the world is on twitter at this point.

Traditional forums like this have been dying since like 2010 or so. Most people barely even use forums anymore after social media replaced it. Every single forum or message board that I used to visit since the early 2000's is either dead or on life support now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Traditional forums like this have been dying since like 2010 or so. Most people barely even use forums anymore after social media replaced it. Every single forum or message board that I used to visit since the early 2000's is either dead or on life support now.
Except for Reddit, if one considers it a forum/message board. But the TMNT community discussions on Reddit barely ever touch on this comic, sadly.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Now that I've taken a look at the twitter...and how he continuously describes it as "very important"...
And this preview

"Even Donatello is surprised!"

I think the turtles (or at least Donatello) is finally going to learn more about their mutation.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #18
corvus
Stone Warrior

I quite like Jennika. The way they write he is different, really subtle. I just thought she'd be significantly older than Casey, like older to the point where them dating would be weird. She was supposedly around the Lower east side before gentrification and Casey is like in his early 20s so...yeah. But i guess this is a very fictional version of new york that has punk gangs and alleyways.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I quite like Jennika. The way they write he is different, really subtle. I just thought she'd be significantly older than Casey, like older to the point where them dating would be weird. She was supposedly around the Lower east side before gentrification and Casey is like in his early 20s so...yeah. But i guess this is a very fictional version of new york that has punk gangs and alleyways.
I can't speak for punk gangs, but doesn't New York have alleyways? I can point out at least one in Rivington Street, near where I roomed with a friend for a few weeks while I was visiting the USA, and a bunch of them show up on Google Maps.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #20
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I can't speak for punk gangs, but doesn't New York have alleyways? I can point out at least one in Rivington Street, near where I roomed with a friend for a few weeks while I was visiting the USA, and a bunch of them show up on Google Maps.
I'm from New York originally. Manhattan really doesn't have many alleyways that are accessible to the public. There are quiet poorly lit side streets with nothing on them in very residential areas, which may as well be. Then theres a few like cortlandt and mechanics alley which are basically filming locations. The outer boroughs probably do. I always imagine tmnt taking place in brooklyn tbh