The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 AM   #81
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
1. Megan Fox as April. Oh they cast her for her looks. Nevermind fan art has her looking like a dancer from Scores.
So the reason they cast Megan Fox is because of sexy fan art.

Uh-huh.

Quote:
2. Michael Bay. It's the internet fans who hate on Bay while standing in line to see whatever his latest release is.
Michael Bay sucks as a filmmaker. The last movie of his I saw was Transformers 2 and that movie sucked.

Quote:
3. designs.. again outside the clothes would you really complain about their look if they wore their traditional get up of belts and pads? Nope.
Yep. Because they're too big and hideously ugly.

Quote:
4. Racism... No not really the Shredder I'm sensing most fans love to talk about is the Shredder from the 2k3 era and that dude wasn't Asian himself.
Oroku Saki may have been a robot body with Ch'rell inside, but he was still portrayed as a Japanese man until that reveal. That reveal that I personally wasn't a fan of at all.

So yeah racebending is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 AM   #82
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
But where's their EVIDENCE that this movie's going to be so good that it's going to warrant sequels?
Hell Fantastic Four got a sequel and that first movie was awful. If this movie is so/so with the critics, while the fan reception is split i.e. kids eating this movie up and buying tie in toys and other movie related stuff while those on the internet do what they do best call everyone stupid for liking the movie plus it makes money you don't think Paramount won't green light a sequel?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #83
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Hell Fantastic Four got a sequel and that first movie was awful. If this movie is so/so with the critics, while the fan reception is split i.e. kids eating this movie up and buying tie in toys and other movie related stuff while those on the internet do what they do best call everyone stupid for liking the movie plus it makes money you don't think Paramount won't green light a sequel?
You went from bashing people for not "backing their hate up" to saying "just let positive people be positive" to "if the movie makes money don't you think Paramount will green light a sequel?"

You're kind of all over the board on this one.

Speaking of the first Fantastic Four movie:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...tasticfour.htm

$100 million dollar budget with a $330,579,719 WW box office. The overseas market BARELY saved this piece of **** movie. Then they gave it a sequel and...

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour2.htm

$130 million budget with a $289,047,763 WW box office. A very significant drop.

Now they're rebooting it 7-8 years later in a desperate attempt to keep the rights with them. Throwing **** up on the wall and hoping something decent sticks.

So you giving an example of even an AWFUL movie getting an even more AWFUL sequel in comparison to this movie hopefully AT LEAST being only mediocre and then it getting a sequel is...questionable.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.

Last edited by TrickOrTreater; 06-04-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 AM   #84
electric_sheep
Banned

In a world where Spiderman could Fail (By spiderman standards) Do you think that this can make that much money? And spiderman had advertisment up the ass...
Old 06-04-2014, 02:46 AM   #85
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
So the reason they cast Megan Fox is because of sexy fan art.

Uh-huh.

Michael Bay sucks as a filmmaker. The last movie of his I saw was Transformers 2 and that movie sucked.

Yep. Because they're too big and hideously ugly.

Oroku Saki may have been a robot body with Ch'rell inside, but he was still portrayed as a Japanese man until that reveal. That reveal that I personally wasn't a fan of at all.

So yeah racebending is bad.
Few things opinions are not facts don't get it twisted. 1.Fan art simple Google search. 2. Michael Bay isn't even directing the movie so yeah going to destroy your other point on Transformers you do know Steven Spielberg produce the movies? 3.Was Shredder in the 2k3 series Asian yes or no? Don't give me well the robot body was Japanese. 4. Again tisk tisk opinion again. I'll give you credit despite not bringing anything to help you in this debate you still try to convince me of your opinion is right. Good night.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #86
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Racism... No not really the Shredder I'm sensing most fans love to talk about is the Shredder from the 2k3 era and that dude wasn't Asian himself.
That incarnation of the Shredder was a god damn alien. If you're talking about 2k3 Shredder's voice actor, voice actors are generally exempt from whitewashing; he's still being written as a Japanese character despite who is voicing him. If you still want to claim an American voice actor for an animated Japanese man counts as whitewashing I'm going to call you out on being a SJW.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 AM   #87
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
As for trending complaints about this movie.

1. Megan Fox as April. Oh they cast her for her looks. Nevermind fan art has her looking like a dancer from Scores.
Hey Volt - look, to be fair, I get that a lot of people find Fox, well, foxy. I don't expect every actress in a movie to be on my would-bang list; my issue is just that I don't think she's a very strong actress. I actually thought she was great in Jennifer's Body, as it was a role that seemed to play to her strengths.

Quote:
2. Michael Bay. It's the internet fans who hate on Bay while standing in line to see whatever his latest release is.
Not necessarily - I don't like 99% of Bay's catalogue of work, and I actively go out of my way to avoid his films. I don't wish the man ill, I'm just not his target audience.

Quote:
3. designs.. again outside the clothes would you really complain about their look if they wore their traditional get up of belts and pads? Nope.
Well... I would, because the faces were a big shock to me. Time will tell whether it's a shock I can get over.

Quote:
4. Racism... No not really the Shredder I'm sensing most fans love to talk about is the Shredder from the 2k3 era and that dude wasn't Asian himself.
I always thought he was?

Seriously, not trying to start something - just for my part, I wanted to explain the reasons behind some of my beefs. No disrespect intended.

Quote:
Few things opinions are not facts don't get it twisted. 1.Fan art simple Google search. 2. Michael Bay isn't even directing the movie so yeah going to destroy your other point on Transformers you do know Steven Spielberg produce the movies? 3.Was Shredder in the 2k3 series Asian yes or no? Don't give me well the robot body was Japanese. 4. Again tisk tisk opinion again. I'll give you credit despite not bringing anything to help you in this debate you still try to convince me of your opinion is right. Good night.
Derp... I just realised you were talking about Ch'rell, not the robot body's ethnic appearance - sorry, I misunderstood what you said!

And to be fair, one of the writers has said that Bay has influenced the project... just playing Devil's Advocate, not trying to make you angry.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).

Last edited by Jester; 06-04-2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 06-04-2014, 03:04 AM   #88
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Wow what a jumbled mess of a post.

Quote:
1.Fan art simple Google search.
What does this even mean.

Quote:
2. Michael Bay isn't even directing the movie so yeah going to destroy your other point on Transformers you do know Steven Spielberg produce the movies?
Uh...okay? I'm aware Michael Bay isn't directing. Didn't claim he was. He's still a ****** filmmaker. Jonathan Liebesman has also yet to make a good movie so...yeah, totally destroyed my imaginary point dude. Good job?

Quote:
3.Was Shredder in the 2k3 series Asian yes or no? Don't give me well the robot body was Japanese
Yes. He was called Oroku Saki and before anybody knew he was a robot, we all considered him human and Japanese.

And as NetKeeper just said:

Quote:
he's still being written as a Japanese character despite who is voicing him.
Quote:
4. Again tisk tisk opinion again.
Yes. My opinion is that racebending is bad, especially when it's a character of color being turned into a white guy.

Quote:
I'll give you credit despite not bringing anything to help you in this debate you still try to convince me of your opinion is right. Good night
Jesus, yes, please get some sleep. You apparently really, really need it.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #89
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I suspect if the team behind this movie just kept the classic look of brown belts, brown elbow and knee pads not too many people would cry about their design.
Yes, they would. Because the biggest outcry have been The Faces. And their 7 foot tall sizes.

Quote:
As for action dude they only release two bloody trailers (one was just the first one with more shots of the turtles)
Guardians of the Galaxy had only 'two bloody trailers' but it did the job. And it showed tons of action, tons of fights, the title characters (some which were CG characters) AS the main leads and main focus, and even some bit of camaraderie between the title characters. In only 'two bloody trailers'. Which TMNT has shown NONE of these.

By the way, some points you neglected:

A. No Martial Arts Fighting shown. This isn't the same as when I brought up 'not showing action'. When I talk action, I talk about Explosions, Car Chases, and the like (when they didn't even show THAT much). And for a film that has Michael Bay's name involved...even THAT is shocking. But Martial Arts fighting is a different point I bring up. Especially for a movie with the word Ninja in it. Now name One Martial Arts Film that showed Zero Martial Arts fighting in their trailers (let alone in any of the 3...2 teasers AND a TV spot...shown)? Just this one.

B. The lack of any hints of what kind of Personalities Raph, or Leo, or even Donnie will have in the film. And the extreme lack of ANY camaraderie and family bonds that those 4 turtles would share with each other. That should have been hinted at in the First Teaser! You shouldn't wait until the last 2 months to do this stuff...it's Piss Poor Marketing. Just like that stupid 'Paint/Home Depot/just showing colors' marketing that was discussed on another thread.

Quote:
So...somehow this means that Megan Fox doesn't suck as an actress? If someone sucks, then they suck. And In My Opinion, she's Extremely Wooden and literally one of the worst actresses out there. She doesn't have any talent in the acting department. And that doesn't depend on 'fan art'. Get a good looking girl who CAN act, if that's the case. Simple enough. Because from Jennifer's Body, Jonah Hex, and such...I already know she can't act.

Quote:
Uh...Yep! When Raphael looks like a Hairless Gorilla who took Steroids, when Mikey has a face that only a Mother could Kill, and they are literally about 7 feet tall and will just pimp slap fools to their deaths with their giant bodies....then Yep, I would.

Quote:
My problem is I think William Ficthner is a crappy actor. And he was a crappy villain in The Lone Ranger. Plus, his outfit in the movie is so ridiculous...how the hell is he going to move with all that stuff? Let alone 'do Martial Arts' when he's got more crap than a Silverware Store? Might as well call him Swiss Army Man. It's Way Too Much.

Quote:
The designs well aren't they real life turtles getting mutated in human form?
Have you seen 'real life turtles getting mutated into human form'?

No, you haven't. And you never will. Like we all know, it'd never happen in real life. Thus, if that's the case, how do you know that IF the Ninja Turtles were ever 'real', that they WOULDN"T look like they did in the 1990 movie?

People who keep saying "this is how they would look like in the real world" (and no, I've heard people say this reasoning. Not the whole 'well they'd get more realistic movements being done this way and...' No. I've literally heard countless times from countless people 'because this is how they'd look like in real life) is a Ridiculous Notion.

I don't mean to be rude, but it is. That's like going "this alien can't be designed like that, because that's not how they'd look in real life".

Maybe they'd look like the 2014 film, but maybe they'd look like they did in the 1990 movie.

My point? Simple. I think the designs from 1990 (their faces, lack of lips, lack of Gorilla Nostrils on Raph, lack of 'Derp' face on Mikey, and so on) look better. Much better.

Not because of 'nostalgia'. Not just because 'it was part of my childhood'. Not because 'you don't like change and you don't like something new' (which if that was the case...then by that logic I shouldn't like the 2003 cartoon since it made lots of changes. But I like the 80's cartoon and grew up with it. And the 2003 cartoon became my Favorite...even with an 'alien Shredder'. Which honestly? I never had a problem with because to me it worked For That Show! Plus, I still bought Shredder as a Badass on the 2k3 show and thought the outfit looked Miles Better than what this new film's Shredder looks like...and I'm sorry, I will never buy Fichtner as a badass. Once again...don't like the guy as an actor. But obviously, if I can be just fine with the 2k3 Shredder as well as the 2003 cartoon becoming my favorite...then I don't 'Mind Change').

Again, it's simple. I personally think that the looks and designs of the first two 90's Turtles films Look Better than these new ones. It's not as complicated as people make it out to be. You feel differently? Great! Doesn't mean I'll agree with it.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:34 AM   #90
Puddinpop
Banned

Imo

Quote:
But where's their EVIDENCE that this movie's going to be so good that it's going to warrant sequels?
Give it a few months.. sweetcheeks
Quote:
Come on man this is the same sort of BS I heard when the Devil May Cry reboot hysteria was going on. The designs well aren't they real life turtles getting mutated in human form? I suspect if the team behind this movie just kept the classic look of brown belts, brown elbow and knee pads not too many people would cry about their design. As for the turtles themselves the ones I have issue with are Don and Raph. Donnie looks like he got way too much stuff going on and Raph looks like one of those caveman turtles from back in the day. As for action dude they only release two bloody trailers (one was just the first one with more shots of the turtles)and the action they did show all I heard from people they're ripping off The Amazing Spider-Man and people complained about the Donnie whipping Raph into that jeep clip.

The only point I will give you here(because you repeat the same point about action as filler) is that it could be like Transformers where the humans are center stage and the turtles are secondary characters in a movie entitled "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" I don't know because they haven't given out more detail since those two trailers and that brothers ad.

Lastly they got two months to put up or shut up about the action by releasing more trailers, clips and tv spots.

5. Action and who is the real lead are vaild.
Well put.. I 100% agree. And when people cry racism they just look so ignorant. I guess it's "racist" to look Japanese when you're...Japanese
Quote:
That's the funny thing.. people pass their opinions off as facts.. I used to get all bent but not anymore. I've realized that it is way more fun to like something than to hate it. Bay is one of six producers.. Yes platinum Dunes is working on this. and Mednick productions.. and Gama entertainment lol. People just love to act like it's all Bay so they can continue repeating the same stupid internet trend phrases of boom boom and explosions
I also find it amusing that the ones that claim will never see this continue to ask for more.. more fight shots, more footage of the turtles, more more more but yet have no interest in seeing the film at all? I find that hard to believe but it is what it is. It's their decision.

Quote:
Michael Bay. It's the internet fans who hate on Bay while standing in line to see whatever his latest release is.
this is so true.. it's like the more people rage online the better his films do lol. Michael Bay is one of the most successful directors in the world right now. Please. I suspect it will be the same case with TMNT. The people screaming boycott and childhood rape will have little impact on this films success. Almost every film coming up has it's detractors.. Uhh.. I'm sick of speculating, August hurry up so we can enjoy this already

Last edited by Puddinpop; 06-04-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #91
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
If they are good for them..Some people have gone loco with blind hate for the flick and they can't back it up.
I'd argue the reverse is also true, but y'know what? I don't see the point in complaining about that. It just adds to the hostility here. People have their opinions and they're entitled to express them. The only reason so much fighting breaks out here is that some posters get rude and combative about others' opinions, like they're looking for an argument. Ahem.

Quote:

1. I think this is a perfectly fair complaint - I want actors cast for their ability, not solely for their looks. There were reports saying they had met with several very capable, appropriate choices for the role (Anna Kendrick among them, sigh...), and they went with what was easily the weakest option, talent-wise. That raises a lot of valid questions about the creative decisions they're making and what those will mean for the final product.

2. What is this claim based on? Can you back that up? Personally, I can count the number of Michael Bay movies I've seen on one hand, and the last one I saw (Transformers in 2007) was so bad that I've avoided his movies ever since.

3. Yes. I hate the clothes/accessories, but I hate the overall "look"/physiology of the Turtles just as much. I don't like their height, their extremely muscular body types, their facial features, their high shells, or their plastron abs. I think they're terrible designs on every level.

4. The 2K3 Shredder was an alien, but he was also Japanese. He took on the identity of Oroku Saki and lived his public life for hundreds of years as a Japanese man. He was essentially an immigrant to Japan, who adopted the culture and lived that way far longer than any natural human lifespan. He wasn't born Japanese, no, but it was a part of his identity.

Also: he was not the only Shredder in that series, nor was he the first. The original Shredder, the real Oroku Saki, was a Japanese man from the feudal era. The third Shredder, Karai, was a Japanese woman. Japanese heritage played a key role in every version of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Give it a few months.. sweetcheeks
He asked for evidence. That's not evidence; that's hopefulness. Which is fine, but all anyone really has right now is speculation, so maybe let's all not get overly-confident and/or rude about it, hey?

Last edited by Bry; 06-04-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #92
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Yes, they would. Because the biggest outcry have been The Faces. And their 7 foot tall sizes.
The tallest turtle is 6'5" that not 7' tall stop over exaggerating to make a point.

Quote:
Guardians of the Galaxy had only 'two bloody trailers' but it did the job. And it showed tons of action, tons of fights, the title characters (some which were CG characters) AS the main leads and main focus, and even some bit of camaraderie between the title characters. In only 'two bloody trailers'. Which TMNT has shown NONE of these.
That your opinion i have heard people hating on the trailer. And its funny you like a crotch grabbing raccoon But god forbid they put something like that in turtles it would automatically make it too campy. SMH

Quote:
By the way, some points you neglected:

A. No Martial Arts Fighting shown. This isn't the same as when I brought up 'not showing action'. When I talk action, I talk about Explosions, Car Chases, and the like (when they didn't even show THAT much). And for a film that has Michael Bay's name involved...even THAT is shocking. But Martial Arts fighting is a different point I bring up. Especially for a movie with the word Ninja in it. Now name One Martial Arts Film that showed Zero Martial Arts fighting in their trailers (let alone in any of the 3...2 teasers AND a TV spot...shown)? Just this one.
DUde its assumed, your not a baby they dont have the spoon feed you this stuff, You should be smart enough to put two and two together, Seeing isn't always believing, Air is there dont worry you can breath its ok.

Quote:
B. The lack of any hints of what kind of Personalities Raph, or Leo, or even Donnie will have in the film. And the extreme lack of ANY camaraderie and family bonds that those 4 turtles would share with each other. That should have been hinted at in the First Teaser! You shouldn't wait until the last 2 months to do this stuff...it's Piss Poor Marketing. Just like that stupid 'Paint/Home Depot/just showing colors' marketing that was discussed on another thread.
SO pretty much The whole Brother hood trailer doesn't tell you anything about them being a family its not like they didn't spell it out for you lol. "Live Fight Die, as BROTHER, remember nothing is as strong as FAMILY" Nope that not just throwing it at your head, forget the screen writers and Eastman say it will be a strong aspect of the movie Nope just ignore that lol. As for raph and Mikeys personality i think its be shown pretty well with what we have seen

Quote:
So...somehow this means that Megan Fox doesn't suck as an actress? If someone sucks, then they suck. And In My Opinion, she's Extremely Wooden and literally one of the worst actresses out there. She doesn't have any talent in the acting department. And that doesn't depend on 'fan art'. Get a good looking girl who CAN act, if that's the case. Simple enough. Because from Jennifer's Body, Jonah Hex, and such...I already know she can't act.
You know how many actors were considered Terrible before they found the niche, Heath Ledger, Ben Afleck, Countless others, Also this is a major Opinion She did a very good job in Jennifer's body and as for Jona Hex she was far from the worst aspect of that movie,

Quote:
Uh...Yep! When Raphael looks like a Hairless Gorilla who took Steroids, when Mikey has a face that only a Mother could Kill, and they are literally about 7 feet tall and will just pimp slap fools to their deaths with their giant bodies....then Yep, I would.
I dont see how anyone can see Gorilla in the new turtles But Meh Opinions Opinions. Again Raph and leo 6' mikey 5'9", and donnie(the tallest) 6'5" IM six 6'2" that not tall unless your 5'4"

Quote:
My problem is I think William Ficthner is a crappy actor. And he was a crappy villain in The Lone Ranger. Plus, his outfit in the movie is so ridiculous...how the hell is he going to move with all that stuff? Let alone 'do Martial Arts' when he's got more crap than a Silverware Store? Might as well call him Swiss Army Man. It's Way Too Much.
Have you actually seen him act in anything, dudes won Awards Is an Acclaimed actor Has done fantastic in just about any role he has been in. Same way they don in Elysium if they are going that route, Same way anyone does in any movie where they were armor and need to move fast they make it happen. do you doubt marvel so much in they was that Ironman moves, Hes wearing a suit that weights a ton and can keep up with thor and Cap, I think shredder will be fine.

Quote:
Have you seen 'real life turtles getting mutated into human form'?

No, you haven't. And you never will. Like we all know, it'd never happen in real life. Thus, if that's the case, how do you know that IF the Ninja Turtles were ever 'real', that they WOULDN"T look like they did in the 1990 movie?

People who keep saying "this is how they would look like in the real world" (and no, I've heard people say this reasoning. Not the whole 'well they'd get more realistic movements being done this way and...' No. I've literally heard countless times from countless people 'because this is how they'd look like in real life) is a Ridiculous Notion.

I don't mean to be rude, but it is. That's like going "this alien can't be designed like that, because that's not how they'd look in real life".

Maybe they'd look like the 2014 film, but maybe they'd look like they did in the 1990 movie.

My point? Simple. I think the designs from 1990 (their faces, lack of lips, lack of Gorilla Nostrils on Raph, lack of 'Derp' face on Mikey, and so on) look better. Much better.
About the only thing they Original Turtle had in common with real turtles was green and the shell, I love the og designes but common on copy and paste is ok but redesign in Lazy hows that make sense.

Quote:
Not because of 'nostalgia'. Not just because 'it was part of my childhood'. Not because 'you don't like change and you don't like something new' (which if that was the case...then by that logic I shouldn't like the 2003 cartoon since it made lots of changes. But I like the 80's cartoon and grew up with it. And the 2003 cartoon became my Favorite...even with an 'alien Shredder'. Which honestly? I never had a problem with because to me it worked For That Show! Plus, I still bought Shredder as a Badass on the 2k3 show and thought the outfit looked Miles Better than what this new film's Shredder looks like...and I'm sorry, I will never buy Fichtner as a badass. Once again...don't like the guy as an actor. But obviously, if I can be just fine with the 2k3 Shredder as well as the 2003 cartoon becoming my favorite...then I don't 'Mind Change').

Again, it's simple. I personally think that the looks and designs of the first two 90's Turtles films Look Better than these new ones. It's not as complicated as people make it out to be. You feel differently? Great! Doesn't mean I'll agree with it.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 06-04-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #93
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It'll do well and become box office blockbuster.

I have faith, I'm not worried at all.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #94
Pondslider
Foot Soldier

When was Heath Ledger ever considered a bad actor?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #95
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
When was Heath Ledger ever considered a bad actor?
Nope. He was considered quite a good actor and even received an Academy Award nomination for his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Lots of versatility, lots of range.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #96
Pondslider
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Nope. He was considered quite a good actor and even received an Academy Award nomination for his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Lots of versatility, lots of range.
Right. That's why I'm wondering why he's suddenly getting grouped in with Megan Fox.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #97
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Right. That's why I'm wondering why he's suddenly getting grouped in with Megan Fox.
He's now the go-to meme to defend "out of left field", i.e. sh*tty, casting choices.

Really takes away from his talent by using him and his acting ability to defend f*cking Megan Fox.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #98
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

My complaints with the casting of Megan Fox at the time was how she's been used in any film she's ever been in. I felt it would be a disservice to the character of April. Then there's the other actresses who were passed over that I felt fit the character better. (Anna Kendrick, Elizabeth Olsen, and another I can't recall off the top of my head). I will say she was much more likable in This is 40 despite playing a very similar character to everything she's ever done.

We all know that Michael Bay isn't directing, but Liebesman has come out and said that Bay has been heavily involved with the production of the film. As for Spielberg and Transformers, we have him to blame for the focus on the human characters instead of the titular characters.

I would certainly have less issue with the character designs if they were toned way down. They're ridiculously over the top. I still have issue seeing all 4 of them fitting in the van when Raph's shell as large as the cab of the Humvee.

It's certainly hard to argue with being okay with the 2k3 reveal of Ch'rell and not with the Eric Sachs for the film. It's still a decision that bugs the he'll out of me. It's like the powered armor Silver Samurai leaving a bad taste in my mouth after the Wolverine.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #99
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant

RamboRaph, I have a question for you. Not one to flame an argument, I just want to know? If, in the next trailer, they show martial arts, if they show the turtles together, as brothers, and/or interacting together, will you be satisfied?

If we don't see either of those qualities in this next trailer, I'm going to start getting a little suspicious about negative peoples doubts. However, I'm staying confident that they'll show something to this regard in the next trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
He asked for evidence. That's not evidence; that's hopefulness. Which is fine, but all anyone really has right now is speculation, so maybe let's all not get overly-confident and/or rude about it, hey?
But that's the thing. There is no evidence.

There's no evidence this movie will do well, it's all based on assumptions, speculation, and hope. And there's no evidence this movie will do horrible, it's all based on assumptions, speculation, and hope.

We can't know either way, until we get facts. And the only fact there will be is the end result of the movie. We can't know the facts until the movie is out. We can't know for sure if this movie will fail. That goes for both sides.

Even though I'm trying to stay positive about this movie, I don't want to pick sides here, but I think Puddinpop was responding in the same tone and type of manner as TrickOrTreater. I think it's one-sided if your only accusing Puddinpop of being 'overly-confident and/or rude'. Same goes, in this case, for someone only blaming TrickOrTreator for the same behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss74 View Post
My complaints with the casting of Megan Fox at the time was how she's been used in any film she's ever been in. I felt it would be a disservice to the character of April. Then there's the other actresses who were passed over that I felt fit the character better. (Anna Kendrick, Elizabeth Olsen, and another I can't recall off the top of my head).
Jane Levy, who would've been a great April. I was even thinking of her for he role before if was announced that Megan Fox got the part.

SewerSirensPodcast@hotmail.com

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com

Last edited by Sewer Sirens Podcast; 06-04-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #100
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
i really am not seeing the frog comparison..im sorry but this sounds like the "the old turtles were always crap argument"

sure they may be the same green but they look nothing alike it is just reaching

are you saying Kermit the frog looks like a turtle?

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
Closed Thread

Tags
box office, live action films