The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The 2010's a look back.

Well then with the final few hours of 2019 and with them the decade going away, I thought I'd reflect on the 2010's. What were the best things and worst things of the last ten years?

The best TV shows

- Hands down the biggest surprise of the 2010's for me was discovering the Nickelodeon version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That series was just awesome.

- I could say the same thing about "Avatar, legend of Korra" it filled some VERY big shoes but it filled them well.

- Let's not forget Dragon Ball Super, it was kinda hit or miss with that one but it was way better than Dragon Ball GT by several huge miles.

- The Chris Harris, Matt LeBlanc and Rory Reid hosted line up of Top Gear was a very pleasant surprise, I recently learned that James May was very positive about what they did and how they did it.

The worst movies and TV Shows.
- The 2014 Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, what a pile of garbage they were.
- MTV's entire roster, more of the same dross about Teenage pregnancies, catfishing and ballooned up bodies living together and raising hell at Jersey shore and Geordy shore.

The Worst music.
- Every hit single which was a cover of an eighties classic. But left out what made the original song interesting music-wise. Chris Cab's cover of Sting's "Englishman in New York" is the best example of that: He removed all the verses apart from the first one, cut out the middle part where the melody changes and basically dumbed down the track by repeating the chorus over and over.

The best music

- Hands down the best album of the 2010's was the eponymous debut by Pinnick Gales Pridgen. dUg Pinnick and Eric Gales just kicked so much ass on that album.

- The Foo Fighters were in a very good place in the 2010's "Wasting light", "Sonic Highways", "St. Cecilia" and "Concrete and gold" all of them were stellar albums.

The "Oh no, I can't believe that happened." moments.
Politics-wise
- The election of Trump. (We honestly thought people in the USA knew better...)
- The Brexit (One ought to think that when David Cameron, when presented with what could happen if he pushed forward with the referendum about leaving the EU. He had done the sensible thing and not presented the referendum in the first place. But NO, dropping the referendum meant losing face and that simply couldn't be.)
Personal life wise
- Losing my dad.
- Having that accident which destroyed my shoulder and the ridiculous yo yo-ing, from one doctor to another before I had been given the correct diagnoses that followed. I'm still not myself.
Music wise
- David Bowie, Prince and Tom Petty dying was quite a bummer.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 12-31-2019 at 09:46 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yes the next decade will be very different for my country, that mess has been an embarrassment.

Well, we got Star Wars sequels this decade which... were big but not all positive My interest in that is not the same as it was. Sadly the loss of Carrie Fisher also

Personal level, a whole new fandom for me this decade...this one, thanks to Nicks '12s.
Also been a parent this decade.

Last edited by newfan; 01-01-2020 at 03:43 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Best

1. Black Mirror
2. The Witcher
3. The Mandalorian
4. Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie
5. Samurai Jack: The Final Series
6. Learning I'm To Be An Uncle

Worst

1. Terror attacks in Paris and London
2. Brexit
3. Grenfell Tower
4. Power Rangers from 2011-2014
5. 2016 Celebrity Deaths
6. The Loony Left
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:30 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The worst:

* Everything with TMNT.
* The rise of PC.
* Star Wars, RIP.
* Star Trek, RIP.
* Alien, RIP.
* Predator, RIP.

Eh. The best:

* Rick & Morty.
* Black Mirror.
* Agents of SHIELD.
* First two seasons of Daredevil and Punisher.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

The best:
Sonic Boom
Ducktales 2017
Became a big fan of the Buffyverse and it’s still one of my fav franchises along with TMNT.
Became a bigger fan of TMNT in this decade from seeing nearly all the films for the first time and rewatching the 2003 series.
Learning about the different genres of music (I didn’t pay much attention to music before this decade).

The worst:
Father and aunt dying
Muscle tension from vitamin d deficiency which I didn’t realize I had for a few years
Reality tv
People getting offended about everything
Bad weather, most notably The Beast from the East

Last edited by Wesley; 12-31-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
Icebot
Foot Elite

Best:
Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Korra
Fuller House
Hey Arnold the Jungle Movie

Worst:
Terrorism
Getting a kidney stone
Working too hard
My shoulder injury
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Tech-wise, I'll remember the 2010s as being the decade where social media truly became the force that is today, and also for being the decade of streaming services and digital media replacing physical media.

The most positive thing of the 2010s is the fact ti became easier to watch and play stuff you wanted without missing anything with all the anthologies, online services, etc. And also how nerd culture seems to be acceptable nowadays. Apparently it's no longer considered a bad thing to openly be a nerd in HS. That's good.

It also seems to mark the dryness of the creative tank in the entertainment industry, with everything being remade and rebooted.

As for the rest, the decade of outrage. SJWs and Alt-Righters. A lot of pandering and populism politically and culturally-wise marked the previous decade.

Last edited by Prowler; 01-02-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Worst: Extremist movements and persons coming to power in many countries

Best: Scheudled television ending up on its deathbed
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote