marsh
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
You left that part out.
I actually didn't leave it out-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
To this day my strongest memory of the 87 series is one of the turtles (I suppose Raphael?) shouting angrily at the other turtles to not trust the Shredder, because "he was the one who turned Splinter into a rat!" (And then running off? I can't remember properly anymore)
-but nevermind. I've watched all of the first season and Splinter No More and Michelangelo's Birthday and Cowabunga Shredhead and even the clip show episode, but no go on that specific quote. The closest I've gotten was in A Thing About Rats, when the turtles blow off steam at the very beginning by saying what they'd like to do to Shredder.

I'm beginning to think I made up that quote myself during a game with some friends on the playground. Weird, because I can remember the exact tone of the turtle voice actor in my head- I must've just taken what I knew at the time and upped the angst.

Ah well. Thanks anyway for all the help!
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #122
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

I think that there was more than one epsiode where Shredder tells Rocksteady and Bebop, "Oh, shut up, you two before I sell you to a freak show!" Anyone know which?
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #123
pat
New Recruit

Do you remember this episode?

There was an episode (in the early years) in which Kraang was holding a man hostage at a TV station. Every time the hostage tried to get away, Kraang would use a special ray gun to throw the man to the ground. Exasperated after his third attempted escape, the man replied, "If this keeps up I'm going to have to go see my chiropractor."

If you might remember this episode, could you please give me any information that might help me find it? Thanks!
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #124
CyberCubed
Overlord

The man sounds like Vernon, but I'm not sure what ep that was.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #125
gobo
Wacky Action

You sure it was Krang? O_o I think you might be thinking of Baxter The Fly in "Son of Return of The Fly II".

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #126
Icebot
Foot Elite

If it was Krang I'm guessing Turtles On Trial.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #127
pat
New Recruit

Thanks for the leads! I'll check them out. Let me know if you have any other ideas...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #128
pat
New Recruit

Found it! It was Son of Return of the Fly II ! Thank you so much!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #129
Zetathetatke
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
I think that there was more than one epsiode where Shredder tells Rocksteady and Bebop, "Oh, shut up, you two before I sell you to a freak show!" Anyone know which?
wanna say that he said that in 'turtle tracks" and "Teenagers from dimension X" but i'm just going off of childhood memory
Zetathetatke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #130
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

Hey all! New user, first post, long time Turtle fan. Was big into the 80's series and toys, loved the first two movies, and am about to check out the latest series. Anyway, I have a question/challenge for you all. Way back in the day when you could buy TMNT animation cels at Target, I picked up the cel seen below. It's a pretty good one, given that it has all four turtles. I want to know, though, can anybody pinpoint which episode it is from? It is something that has always bugged me, and it would be awesome to know!

Barry the Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #131
gobo
Wacky Action

"From Season 1" is all I can say right off the top of my head.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #132
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
"From Season 1" is all I can say right off the top of my head.
I was actually thinking Season 2, maybe Mean Machines?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #133
turtletoons81
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post
Hey all! New user, first post, long time Turtle fan. Was big into the 80's series and toys, loved the first two movies, and am about to check out the latest series. Anyway, I have a question/challenge for you all. Way back in the day when you could buy TMNT animation cels at Target, I picked up the cel seen below. It's a pretty good one, given that it has all four turtles. I want to know, though, can anybody pinpoint which episode it is from? It is something that has always bugged me, and it would be awesome to know!

michelangelo looks so high man
turtletoons81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #134
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Can anyone tell me what ot episode had a dimension x alien that looked like krang's android body?

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #135
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Can anyone tell me what ot episode had a dimension x alien that looked like krang's android body?
The episode is "Divide and Conquer" from season 10
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #136
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletoons81 View Post
michelangelo looks so high man
You wanna see high? Check out Tails in this Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cel I own:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I was actually thinking Season 2, maybe Mean Machines?
Thanks! Took your advice and skimmed through season 2 and I found them! The cels are from one of my favorite episodes as a kid: "Enter: The Fly". The background that I have is not the one from the scene (unless they reused this bit of animation in a later episode using this background). I'm not bothered, given how boring the original background looked - just a blue sky and a few clouds. Splinter wasn't included in my cel, which explains the open space to the right. I noted that Leo and Don are from a few seconds before Mikey and Raph, and that in the cell you can see MUCH more of them. Above the belt is only seen in the episode. In my cel, Mikey and Raph are shifted to the right a bit more. Makes me wonder how much of Raph is there, and maybe I can shift them a bit more so they fill out the scene, should I ever get this framed.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #137
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Oh, good, I should have remembered that bit from Enter the Fly when the Turtles joke about Splinter getting a little pro-active with violence. That episode probably had the best animation of the season too, which is why the turtles could almost pass for Season 1 designs.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #138
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh, good, I should have remembered that bit from Enter the Fly when the Turtles joke about Splinter getting a little pro-active with violence. That episode probably had the best animation of the season too, which is why the turtles could almost pass for Season 1 designs.
Makes me wonder where that background is from. Can't be red sky, given when I bought that cel it was pre-red sky episodes.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #139
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Many of the cels sold through retail had incorrect reproduction backgrounds. I think it's just because whoever packaged them wasn't going through episodes and finding what the correct background was, which would have been extremely time consuming. They were probably just given all the cels and a bunch of backgrounds to choose from and chose whatever looked best.

It's probably also the reason why, since yours is a "double cel" they're incorrectly matched time-wise. The Splinter portion may have been packaged and sold separately. I think it's better without Splinter anyway.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #140
Barry the Nomad
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Many of the cels sold through retail had incorrect reproduction backgrounds. I think it's just because whoever packaged them wasn't going through episodes and finding what the correct background was, which would have been extremely time consuming. They were probably just given all the cels and a bunch of backgrounds to choose from and chose whatever looked best.

It's probably also the reason why, since yours is a "double cel" they're incorrectly matched time-wise. The Splinter portion may have been packaged and sold separately. I think it's better without Splinter anyway.
Thanks for the details, I figured that was the case. I feel sorry for the poor kid who got "Splinter in a van staring into nothingness".

Or this one... Irma all pizza'd up (not mine, spotted it on ebay today):

Tags
ask a question, questions