The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #6141
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Stupid foot fungus seems to be making a comeback after weeks of it finally being cleared up.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:26 AM   #6142
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I guess you could say it was one foot in the grave, huh?
Old 08-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #6143
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

The heat and the fact that we don't dare turn on our air conditioner in case it hasn't stopped leaking yet.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:23 PM   #6144
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My graphic tablet's pen is pretty much toast. Long story short, there's nothing I can do to fix it, and I determined it had to be replaced. Until I determined that there was nothing much available to replace it with, and it would take several weeks for the new pen to be delivered.

And since my classes for the next semester are all basically just advanced art and graphic design, I decided I might just replace the whole thing.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #6145
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Misplacing passwords can be a bit of a gear grinder. My old laptop died on me last year, and my technodrome forums password went with it. Thought I'd try my luck at logging back in and looks like I hit paydirt. Guess I grind my own gears in this case. A visit from a huge water roach after a sprinkling of rain on Friday was rather stomach churning, but our 19 year old Tonkinese had fun tearing it limb from spindly limb.Texas heat sucks, but other than that, life ain't bad. Glad to be logged back in.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #6146
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
My graphic tablet's pen is pretty much toast. Long story short, there's nothing I can do to fix it, and I determined it had to be replaced. Until I determined that there was nothing much available to replace it with, and it would take several weeks for the new pen to be delivered.

And since my classes for the next semester are all basically just advanced art and graphic design, I decided I might just replace the whole thing.
Try using a DS pen if you have one
Old 08-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #6147
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The new episode not being on Nick.com yet.

Ya put in 8 1/2 hours at work on a Sunday, being there since 7am, and can't even come home to try to catch the episode most everyone else has gotten to watch already.

And what are the chance if I do my usual browse through new fan art on DA that mass quantities of screen caps are going spoil everything... (edit: Christ, it's swamped like I thought... thanks someone. Gotta try to use peripheral vision to try to get past it without directly looking at it all. >.>)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-14-2016 at 02:40 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #6148
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Air conditioner's still leaking so we can't use it.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #6149
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hope you're able to just take it easy and stay as 'cool' as possible. And hope it's not too humid there.

We're in yet another stretch of 90s for days and days... Definitely above normal this year. And been humid enough lately to almost drown a person, esp at night. Nights when I have a closing shift at work, I get out of there and it feels like I could just about swim home instead.

Just looked at a national temperature map... this general region from D.C. through Philly and up to NYC is currently hotter than Florida. >.>
Old 08-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #6150
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hope you're able to just take it easy and stay as 'cool' as possible. And hope it's not too humid there.

We're in yet another stretch of 90s for days and days... Definitely above normal this year. And been humid enough lately to almost drown a person, esp at night. Nights when I have a closing shift at work, I get out of there and it feels like I could just about swim home instead.

Just looked at a national temperature map... this general region from D.C. through Philly and up to NYC is currently hotter than Florida. >.>
Yeah, it's days like this when I crave ice cream and they tell me the ice cream machine's broken at whichever place I decide to try. Ah well, ice water's just as g... Aw what am I saying? No it isn't!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #6151
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Try using a DS pen if you have one
It wouldn't work in the least. I've tried in the past for fun. Two totally different pieces of machinery.

I did order a cintiq just now, though. And I should have it by the time this week is out.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:57 PM   #6152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Taco sauce on a new TMNT shirt I've now worn all of twice... This shirt.

Laundry isn't what I had in mind to be doing at this hour, but it better come out fine. And the wash better not harm the print... (edit: Happy that getting it in so quick it washed out fine. )

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-14-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #6153
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

*Legend of Zelda treasure music*
Old 08-14-2016, 09:26 PM   #6154
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Gear-grind for today- and for a while to come, no doubt. So I was mopping the crew room today right before I was about to leave, went to put the mop away when I finished, turned the corner and.... My ear met with a tray full of burritos carried by one of the kitchen guys. This is what happens when two people run into each other coming around a corner and one is much shorter. Collision course, and bad-a-bing: I now have a nasty split in my left earlobe courtesy of the corner of the burrito tray. It's one of those big heavy ones with deep sides. Holds about 50. At first I thought it just crunched it a bit, until a coworker told me it was bleeding. Put my hand up and sure enough it was. Dashed to the nearest sink to wash up and grab some paper towels to stop it and then ran to the crew room to check the mirror. It is split wide open in front, across the spot where my earring hole is.

The rip is deep and almost goes all the way across the lobe. Had it been longer or deeper it might have torn it off completely. Needless to say, I will not be wearing earrings again once this heals (dammit) because I'm pretty sure the entire hole will be closed and I'm not sure I will be able to put in another one. Assuming it doesn't get infected or end up disfigured from the damage. Hurts a bit and it bled again while I was visiting my hubby at the hospital. Asked a technician to look at it and help me bandage it again after the one from work bled through. She wasn't sure if it would need stitches but said to keep a close eye on it. Meantime I've got a gauze pad and two bandages on it. Hope this heals soon. I can't sleep on that side now. And can't use my drive-through headset on that side either. This is the culmination of a REALLY bad week....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 08-14-2016 at 09:32 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #6155
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ouch, Duckie! I hope that heals okay!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #6156
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Gear-grind for today- and for a while to come, no doubt. So I was mopping the crew room today right before I was about to leave, went to put the mop away when I finished, turned the corner and.... My ear met with a tray full of burritos carried by one of the kitchen guys. This is what happens when two people run into each other coming around a corner and one is much shorter...
Nasty. Is your work covering the bill?
Old 08-15-2016, 12:36 AM   #6157
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

My Computer won't play dvd's anymore which is annoying cause it was working last weekend.it was my only way of playing movies Gonna have to shell out for a DVD player

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-15-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:59 AM   #6158
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Nasty. Is your work covering the bill?

What bill? There isn't one unless I end up getting stitches. Or did you mean the cost of gauze pads and bandages? LOL! I doubt they would anyway. No bennies here unless you are in management. Work comp is also spotty at best. Never even seen a case since I've been here. Four years mind you.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #6159
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That sucks, Duckie. Hope things get better for you.

Raining today and going to rain tomorrow. Just not cool.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #6160
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The way car insurance keeps going up a few more dollars at each renewal. I kind of hate that it's $40+ (maybe closer to $50) more a month now than it was when I originally got this insurance years ago, and through no cause of my own. That crap adds up, dammit. >.>

Also... eBay emails.

"An item you've been watching has been relisted!"

NOW: $28.99
Was: $24.99

That's not how that works! Ebay expects people to get excited that a relisted item went up in price?