The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 03:28 AM   #8061
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Did the Sponge seriously win yet again? Supposedly it's just rigged that it wins. I'm disappointed that 2012 never did, not even early on, far as I know. Will be interesting to see if the most frigged up version of TMNT in a while is suddenly "allowed" to win in the next one and/or two.

In the long run I suppose it's for the best... It'll make me miss it less in a few weeks after all is said and done.
2012's from what I know have made the nominations a few times now but never won. It would have been a nice send off for them but at the same time could have been awkward for Nick being as they were promoting the new show....that could work either way I suppose. I don't get how Sponge bob keeps beating all the other shows, I know my children don't care about it but as I said obviously others do.

So far your Job Indigo, I suppose there is the positive of not having to be around these people anymore, it just sucks that you have the job worry in the mean time.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #8062
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Basically a lot has sucked over the last three days. To start, my glasses came apart on Saturday- in the middle of my D&D game. Had to superglue the arm back onto the joint. Then yesterday Nature came calling (*sigh* AGAIN) while we were in the process of getting the apartment ready for an upcoming inspection later this week. And today the arm of my glasses came off AGAIN at work, but luckily I had the glue with me just in case. And we were shorthanded all day, while I was dealing with hot flashes, cramps, and fatigue from getting NO sleep last night.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #8063
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... My store being open on Easter, as usual. And bet I'll probably have to work it. You would think given the fact that we'll close permanently exactly one week later they'd cut us a break this time, but nooo...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #8064
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's amazing.

dare to have fun ripping apart any 'normal' movie to shreds...and people join in.
Dare to have fun ripping a 'woman lead' movie to shreds. and suddenly, you're mentally ill and need help.

I will never understand how this disease spreads to so many people, and they always exhibit the same symptoms. slowly at first, and then full on bore crazy.

I've seen the warning signs popping up in a few posters...and one went full on bat crazy. hopefully the others can avoid this fate.

In other news, the spring bug season is back. god i hate living near the woods.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #8065
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can't help but imagine that the style, reasons, and topics of ripping movies to shreds might contain a double standard. Esp seeing as how they have to be acknowledged and separated as "women lead" and "normal" movies in the first place.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #8066
Vegita-San
Emperor

just the way this crazy click bait world is these days.

they can't just be 'movies' anymore.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #8067
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Browsing through the state "Division of Employment & Training" site and the section for "Apprenticeship and Training" that states...
Quote:
Registered Apprenticeship is a proven method of training involving on-the-job work experience coupled with related instruction, typically offered in a classroom setting. Registered apprentices work for their employer or sponsor and are paid while they learn their respective trade. Registered Apprenticeship, in simple terms, is a program of "learning while earning."
(Okay, sounds good.)

...and then look at the PDF of the list of "Apprenticeship Occupations" offered... and every damn one of them is a stereotypical man job.

I mean, not that I need (or would necessarily even want in some cases) to be in a stereotypical woman job (how about more commonly gender neutral?), but when the list includes Heavy Equipment Operator, Iron Worker, Auto Mechanic, Plumber, and the like... Nothing that I'd be a good fit for.

That's kinda depressing.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #8068
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm designing a font for the title of a book series my brother is writing and...it's become so much more complicated than it should be...
Old 03-28-2018, 08:45 AM   #8069
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm designing a font for the title of a book series my brother is writing and...it's become so much more complicated than it should be...
Pretty cool though. I've never designed a font.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #8070
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Neither have I!

I learned how in my graphic design classes, but chose to focus on a different design project with type.

It's looking pretty cool. He wanted something inspired by cuneiform writing.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #8071
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Always thought it would be interesting to try. Are you able to share when done, or eventually?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #8072
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It this point, it's just making sure it will actually type. There are some kinks with spacing...and actually having the "space" symbol.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #8073
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When something quite disappointing happens and really bums you out at work early in the shift, then you finally get to go home many hours later your toxic mother just decides to make it worse. On Easter. Nice.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #8074
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I feel ya, Indigo. Work has been a pain in my arse lately too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #8075
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To add to the work side of yesterday's grind...

See, there's this little fixture piece I'd been rather wanting. It had been part of the kid's department that I oversaw. I've kept an eye on it for quite a while, but it's still been in use so couldn't really go trying to take it yet. At this point stuff is dwindling down a lot, but I was trying to keep stuff in it so possible interested customers would leave it alone.

Saturday I mentioned it to a manger after I'd gotten off work, and I'd hoped to maybe take it home that day. I figured this guy was probably the best to speak to, as he's more likely to give me a price, rather than I think the others probably thinking I should wait and ask the liquidation lady another day since this fixture isn't on the price list.

Unfortunately, this manager was also leaving at the same time I was, but said he'd look at it the next day (yesterday/Easter) for me. Okay, great, that'll work.

Were it not for the fact that it was 7pm, the next day was Easter, and I needed to get home to get stuff done because I've got to be up early to be back into work again the next morning (Easter), I might have stayed and tried another manager. But again, I thought they'd put it off to wait and see what the liquidation lady says...

Anyhow, in the morning I'd seen this guy for a minute, but he was in a conversation with another manager so I didn't want to bug him right then. A short time later I'm looking around the damn store for him and I'm wondering where the heck he's off hiding at because I'm not seeing him anywhere... By the time I came back around toward the front of the store I finally spot him, going over to this snobby woman who works in the Land's End department. Talking to him about the SAME damn fixture I wanted! She'd taken it upon herself to dump out the remaining stuff from this fixture (from MY kid's dept) and put it aside for herself.

So I went over there to see what was up and commented that it's the SAME thing I was wanting to ask about. (I never got to tell this manager WHAT it was Saturday... I'd tried to describe it, but he kind of vanished as he was more focused on going out to get his vehicle to load up something he'd bought.)

So as I'm asking, this snobby woman states to me "I'M buying it." And thus I told her that I've had my eye on it (literally) for three (or more) MONTHS." Since before I even knew we would be able to buy this stuff and was only wondering if that would happen... And before that since I'd liked it already.

Naturally... she ended up with it. Despite the fact that I was the one who had asked about it first the day before and had originally hoped to take it home THAT previous evening, AND at that exact moment I'd been TRYING to find this manager to ask him to check it out for me as he said he would...

So I pretty much ended up feeling a bit sick over that and day ruined. It's hard when you want to kick something so hard to let it out and you just can't.

I should have stayed Saturday and somehow taken it home... I hate the fact that I wasn't off the clock until 7pm, else I'd have certainly hung around. And I can't "shop" when I'm on the clock, even though this woman totally paid for it while she was working... She might be Land's End's manager (or not?), but still shouldn't be okay.

And then it felt like she was proud of herself as she walked past me with it in a cart on her way to take it to her car. UGH. I wasn't exactly fond of her before, I don't care for her snobby seeming, rather superficial personalty, but even less now.

I hope that manager at least TOLD her that, yeah, I'd asked about it first, the evening before and he'd said he'd look at it for me... I like him, he's a nice enough guy, but I hope he felt like a little bit of an ass. He didn't exactly know what it was I was talking about, so it's not entirely his fault, but he could have listened to me more the previous evening or gave it a moment of his time.

Ugh. To think this snob was so close to going in Sunday and finding it gone already. Dammit. I really should have hidden it. I'd considered it, but I was afraid if I emptied it out and put it aside that either it would get moved or a customer would take it. She better count her damn cocky self lucky. And sucks that it seems to be the only one we had in the whole place. It would have sucked enough had I'd just gone in one day a while ago and found it gone, but to have asked first and then had it ripped out from under me... Just wtf. I couldn't even go to sleep easy last night because I was so mad over that happening.

There's also a little ladder I would not mind having, but I've been told (by the liquidation lady) that that sort of thing won't be available until after we close... IF it's available, because the maintenance guy apparently gets first dibs. (Oh come on, it's a small ladder used primarily by MY team, but he gets dibs on any of it including what he didn't use?) Too bad I couldn't have first dibs on things from MY department. Damn Land's End woman who just helped herself to it... Just feels rude since WE weren't done with it. It should have been me, or one of our people, who decided when we were done using it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:16 AM   #8076
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

my aquarium is leaking. Luckily it's located in the bathroom so no water damage on the floor like last time so at least it won't cost me $1300 this time around, and I got a spare tube of silicone I just need to get the filler gun back and have the time to do it...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #8077
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Uh oh. Glad we're talking air breathing creatures (are turtles are your only aquarium critters?), but that still sucks.

I keep striking out on this stuff for sale at work... We have (or had) these little wood box rectangular shelf things (abt 32" tall/long and divided into 2 square spaces), most of them sitting lined up the last few days.

Even if the liquidation lady priced them way too high and I'm not about to pay $40 a piece for these things (hell no), I still had ideas and took a small measuring tape so I could write down the dimensions in hopes that the price might go down before we close.

We had quite a few of them. HAD. A whole line of them, and one more sitting in their fixture "showroom" space. Saw a couple of the managers and asked if they'd been moved or someone suddenly up and bought them all... Yup, bought all but one. o.O

Maybe I'll take home the last one later if I can get a better price and its still there... or free after we close would be nice. But wish there were two so my idea would have at least half worked out.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #8078
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, I only got turtles in it since they just end up eating the fish I've tried to add to the aquarium, so I'm not doing that again since it could be considered giving them live food.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #8079
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It should seriously not take me over an hour and a half to get across the river.
Traffic is stupid today, and I can only imagine it's because it's raining. What is it about precipitation that makes people drive like idiots?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 PM   #8080
Vegita-San
Emperor

never cut fingernails in low light. chipped a small peice of thumb skin away thinking it was side nail. ugh.