The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #1
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

How Shredder could've been used.

A lot of people say that Shredder is very underused in this movie. I liked his role and all but he still was underused. Today I was thinking and I thought up a way he could've had a better part. When he goes to the Technodrome Krang tells him to wait for 'his enemies' (the turtles) and Shredder brings some foot onto the 'Drome to help him. Then the turtles show up and Shredder fights them on the flying pieces of the Technodrome. He beats them up when Krang orders him to bring them over. Shredder does it and takes their weapons as prizes. As Shredder hands the turtles over to Krang, Krang betrays Shredder and they have a fight. Krang wraps up Shredder with that weird coil thing he sits on in the movie and Shredder cuts out of it. Then he's about to jump and stab Krang when he gets frozen by him and put in the toy chest. Meanwhile the turtles are watching this happen, When Krang wraps Shredder their weapons fall from him. So when Shredder gets frozen the turtles quickly take up their weapons and begin to fight Krang.

How was that? it would've been cool to see him fight. One thing I recall was the thing at the KCA where he appears on screen and says "TURTLES! We meet again... FOOT CLAN! VANISH!" that could've appeared in the museum scene where some foot come along with Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady but then Leo and Don show up and have a short battle which ends in Shredder getting away with the fragment (note: that one clip was made for the KCA but it could've been that he first says 'turtles we meet again' at the start of the fight and at the end he says the foot vanish thing) and everyone escaping because the cops have shown up.

Do you have a way Shredder could've been better used? then post it below

(EDIT: they also could've done the thing where Shredder in the beginning thinks he's talking to the Android but at the end when Krang betray's him he finds out he's a "chewed up wad of gum")

Last edited by thundermaster612; 06-21-2016 at 07:30 AM.
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
killerkobra
Random Punk

Poor Shredder. His character deserved a much better storyline then what he got. A stooge in both Dune movies. I liked the way he looked in OOTS but him not getting a fight scene at the end was just sad.
killerkobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkobra View Post
Poor Shredder. His character deserved a much better storyline then what he got. A stooge in both Dune movies. I liked the way he looked in OOTS but him not getting a fight scene at the end was just sad.
Well, he did (more) stuff in the first movie. But I guess you can still call him a stooge
Old 06-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
killerkobra
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Well, he did (more) stuff in the first movie. But I guess you can still call him a stooge
2014 - Sacks Stooge
OOTS - Krangs Stooge

Seriously after falling in love with the 2012 Shredder, he should be the supreme ruler.

I felt the first movie should have been about Hun and the Purple Dragons with Shredder showing up at the end to take over.
killerkobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

When you look at it Sacks and Shredder are pretty equal, but its supposed to be that Sacks is Shredder's stooge. Which is why he was able to presumably sack him in the new movie

Tags
shredder