The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Since Raphael is the leader I wonder if he'll be at the front of the group, in fact he most likely will in all the artwork like Leo usually does.

The backlash/outrage will be hilarious to see, black April won't be able to match it. We already saw how the drome took it, imagine the rest of the net.
One of my big fears is Raph will be physically larger than the other Turtles, similar to how big Nick's Slash was to the regular Turtles. The description says Raph is the oldest and largest of the Turtles, I really hope they don't make him some huge hulk like design, or draw him big like Nick Slash was.

Quote:
I actually hope the Kraang stay as a 2012 only thing. They were ok but no need for another show with them.
More likely we'll probably see Krang himself lead an evil band of Utrom. That's basically what the Kraang were anyway, they were just Utroms enslaved under the hive mind of Kraang Prime, and Kraang Subprime was designed to be Fred Wolf Krang's counterpart.

Last edited by Jester; 01-02-2018 at 12:27 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #62
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Why does this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Like i said before, isn't that a stereo type that would be screamed down from the hills?
How the f**k is this a stereotype?
Old 01-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #63
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The more tweets about it the better, btw you forgot to include the #TMNT hashtag.
I've posted it on Tumblr too.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #64
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
One of my big fears is Raph will be physically larger than the other Turtles, similar to how big Nick's Slash was to the regular Turtles. The description says Raph is the oldest and largest of the Turtles, I really hope they don't make him some huge hulk like design, or draw him big like Nick Slash was.
Nah... prob just big like PD.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #65
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Or probably how Nick Donatello is taller than all of his fellow turtles, just with Raph's muscle.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Depends on the size. I expect them to all look unique again like the Nick Turtles, but as long as it's not too much a difference. Nick's Slash towered over the Turtles, if they draw Raph like that it'll completely ruin the team dynamic of all the Turtles seeming like equal fighters.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #67
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is it? I don't think there's any more black homeless people than there are white ones, nor any stereotype to that end.
Maybe not the right word, but it Does seem like it'd be the first thing people would gravitate to complain too, just to complain. 'why isn't she a scientist, why does she have to be a subway MTA Worker?'

I will say the art style is a little less stylized looking than I feared it was going to be.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #68
sdp
-

April should be a scientist though,

If she's a teen then she can't but at least she should be part of the high school newspaper to be a reporter.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since this is 2D and not CG this time, now they can actually show April in school and her classmates rather than the barren hallways in the first season.

Also if Irma shows up hopefully she's not a Kraang/Utrom this time.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #70
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Since this is 2D and not CG this time, now they can actually show April in school and her classmates rather than the barren hallways in the first season.

Also if Irma shows up hopefully she's not a Kraang/Utrom this time.
And Vernon/Casey as her classmates while Burne is the hot headed teacher.

I wonder whether Krang, the Utroms or both will be used for this series. If the crossover with Nick turtles will really happen with this show, you can bet they will have a Kraang villain who is later revealed to be from the Nick series.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #71
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
April should be a scientist though,

If she's a teen then she can't but at least she should be part of the high school newspaper to be a reporter.
Orrrrrr.... the school science club wiz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
And Vernon
Ever since getting kid April and Casey I've been both curious and terrified of seeing a kid Vernon. That's undoubtedly one whiny brat right there.

Principal is also an option for Mr. Burne. At this rate, make Baxter the twisted science teacher who goes bad eventually.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #72
sdp
-

I don't think we'll see many established characters. I'm guessing new main villain,
and only later seasons will feature known villains/allies after fan complains online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
And Vernon/Casey as her classmates while Burne is the hot headed teacher.

I wonder whether Krang, the Utroms or both will be used for this series. If the crossover with Nick turtles will really happen with this show, you can bet they will have a Kraang villain who is later revealed to be from the Nick series.
Yes!that's how I imagined a Teen April show , Stockman could be the science teacher. Sort of like X-Men evolution but with TMNT and each season was a year of HS so the characters would evolve like they did in XM:E

Otherwise I just prefer adult April
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do you think Casey Jones will be introduced right away or hold him off till the second season like Nick did? I hope Casey stays white though, I don't want every characters race changed. I could see them making him hispanic though.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #74
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Maybe not the right word, but it Does seem like it'd be the first thing people would gravitate to complain too, just to complain. 'why isn't she a scientist, why does she have to be a subway MTA Worker?'

I will say the art style is a little less stylized looking than I feared it was going to be.
I feel like that would only have a thread of validity if it had a reason to stand out. Like if 6 white characters in a black character's circle were all scientists or board members and that black character was a mechanic, and the only black character in the series/group. But just having a blue collar or unemployed/homeless black character isn't a stereotype itself. If we got a white Casey who is a biochemist then we might have a problem.

Then again look at Ghostbusters... Winston was the only one not from a scientific background and he was better off for it - the audience surrogate, voice of reason, and personally my favorite character of the series.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #75
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Hey, that's a pretty good-looking design. I have a slight bit of optimism about this series now.

Quote:
Do you think Casey Jones will be introduced right away or hold him off till the second season like Nick did? I hope Casey stays white though, I don't want every characters race changed. I could see them making him hispanic though.
Now that you bring it up, with Raph as the leader, it should be interesting to see how they use Casey, if at all. Could they use it as an opportunity to outline Raph's shortcomings as a leader, or will they make him more like a father figure for Casey? Or maybe they won't use that dynamic at all.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #76
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

That's... A lot better then I was expecting... Ok Nick, you got my attention now, maybe it wont turn out a complete failure, at least the figures might turn out good.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #77
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If they keep him white, that would be a relationship that is rarely ever portrayed in TV- a black girl with a white boy. One is more far more likely to see a gay relationship on TV then this kind.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, as for one thing, I am really excited they are going this direction.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
If they keep him white, that would be a relationship that is rarely ever portrayed in TV- a black girl with a white boy. One is more far more likely to see a gay relationship on TV then this kind.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, as for one thing, I am really excited they are going this direction.
I hope they keep Casey Jones white, you rarely see shows featuring characters in interracial relationships.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #79
Vegita-San
Emperor

fred Wolf Actually had an episode where you saw an interacial couple walking in the streets and then run away .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #80
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Do you have the Twiiter who posted it originally?
I feel like this is an important question that nobody is taking seriously.

Tags
april o'neil, cybercubed arrives