The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #21
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
They aired in Sweden over TV 1000 Sweden around November 1992 at least, but I recall catching some at Sky 1 around Christmas 1992.
Yep as I said, Christmas 1992.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Also, Coleman was the Rat King
He was also Krang and not a very good one either.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yep as I said, Christmas 1992.

He was also Krang and not a very good one either.
I've read somewhere it first aired in Denmark.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I've read somewhere it first aired in Denmark.
It's entirely probable it aired before the UK got it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:06 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
was that his only voice on the show? seems like he only did it for one season.
In 'New York's Shinest' he voiced one of the two thugs robbing April's apartment. Much later in Planet of the Turtleoids' he voiced Chrome Dome. Aside from that I cannot think of any additional voice or guest character that he portrayed. I noticed a long time ago that unlike the other VAs he never did any other voice. I do wonder why.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:46 PM   #25
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
In 'New York's Shinest' he voiced one of the two thugs robbing April's apartment. Much later in Planet of the Turtleoids' he voiced Chrome Dome. Aside from that I cannot think of any additional voice or guest character that he portrayed. I noticed a long time ago that unlike the other VAs he never did any other voice. I do wonder why.
He also voiced one of the Octopus Inc businessmen on “Corporate Raiders From Dimension X”, the one that starts talking after the turtles pour water to un-hypnotize them. He’s probably done more background character voices, alot of the main cast would provide additional voices.

I didn’t even know there was a third voice actor for Shredder. I thought anytime James Avery was absent, it was Jim Cummings as the substitute.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 07:16 AM   #26
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That New York’s Shiniest villain was also in Rhino Man and played by James Avery! James was also Shibano Sama in Blast From The Past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
He also voiced one of the Octopus Inc businessmen on “Corporate Raiders From Dimension X”, the one that starts talking after the turtles pour water to un-hypnotize them. He’s probably done more background character voices, alot of the main cast would provide additional voices.

I didn’t even know there was a third voice actor for Shredder. I thought anytime James Avery was absent, it was Jim Cummings as the substitute.
He had several voices actors, there was Dorian Harewood in a couple season 3 episodes and Townsend Coleman in most of the regular non-Europe season 7.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #27
TheUltimateBum
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post

Actually, Shredder got quite a few replacements. Dorian Harewood was first, then Jim Cummings and then Townsend Coleman.

However, for the Red Sky seasons, they went with Bill Martin, whose portrayal relied more on menace than his predecessors (and I think that is what makes him my favorite of the Shredder actors). Bill was basically brought in as a permanent replacement and had to carry a tape of James Avery's performance to try and get the delivery right, but I still feel he managed to make the role his own and I enjoy his take even more than the others.