The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #1061
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so

Clearly Kevin has been an integral part of IDW but were there or has there been any talks to get Peter involved in any way shape or form?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #1062
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I reached out to him early on introducing myself, and letting him know the door was always open to discuss TMNT projects. And I've since talked to him a few times since about various small matters.

He's always been polite in his interactions with me, but i've never got the sense he was looking to return to TMNT, especially with IDW. And, to be clear, I don't think he has anything against us, it's just not where his interest is these days. That's the impression I've got.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #1063
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby, this is just a question I've had for a while; have you guys ever talked to nick about a DTV based on any of the IDW TMNT story arcs, like what DC does with their animated movies adapting certain comic stories? Could such and think be done, and how would you feel about it? Personally, I'd love to see a loose adaptation of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy everything!

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #1064
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Hey Bobby, this is just a question I've had for a while; have you guys ever talked to nick about a DTV based on any of the IDW TMNT story arcs, like what DC does with their animated movies adapting certain comic stories? Could such and think be done, and how would you feel about it? Personally, I'd love to see a loose adaptation of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy everything!
I'd love to see City Fall myself! It's still my favorite arc of the IDW-verse.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #1065
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
It'd be a huge treat, i'd love to see it. I haven't heard about any sort of plans for anything like that though.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #1066
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
that's actually a really cool idea!!

IF that ever were to happen (BIG GIANT "IF" ) i'd really love to see an animated adaption of 'Change is Constant' and also add in in elements of Issue #5 so we can see the reincarnation elements.

but these are just pleasant daydreams! ^__^
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #1067
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
that's actually a really cool idea!!

IF that ever were to happen (BIG GIANT "IF" ) i'd really love to see an animated adaption of 'Change is Constant' and also add in in elements of Issue #5 so we can see the reincarnation elements.

but these are just pleasant daydreams! ^__^
Personally, I would love love love to see The Secret History of the Foot Clan done as an animated movie, it would kick ass. But then again I think every story arc IDW has done would make a great animated film/miniseries. I really hope we can at least get one feature film based on the actual IDW Turtles
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #1068
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Has their been enough demand for "The Forever War" story line that we might see it on shelves in the foreseeable future?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #1069
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, we keep asking about animated features based in IDW, or Forever War specials, or collecting Image TMNT (Volume 3)... but what can we fans do to bring about things like this that we want to see? Is there any contribution we can make or role we can play?
Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #1070
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Good question. In terms of reprints or finishing past volumes, I don't think there's much to be done as I think most people at IDW are on board. If that changes then I'll try and let folks know and maybe some sort of petition can happen. But for now I don't think it would be worth the effort to organize, so hang tight. I'm optimistic, though nothing is a done deal at this point.

In terms of getting animated movies or action figures based on IDW, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what sort of numbers would be needed to make something like that profitable enough for Nickelodeon to pay attention to.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #1071
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Good question. In terms of reprints or finishing past volumes, I don't think there's much to be done as I think most people at IDW are on board. If that changes then I'll try and let folks know and maybe some sort of petition can happen. But for now I don't think it would be worth the effort to organize, so hang tight. I'm optimistic, though nothing is a done deal at this point.

In terms of getting animated movies or action figures based on IDW, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what sort of numbers would be needed to make something like that profitable enough for Nickelodeon to pay attention to.
You all were successful enough to put together a video game. That should speak to the Direct-to-DVD. GoFundMe? Official Petition? Tell me and I will do it.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #1072
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Well, the company hired Tom and Mateus, it didn't have anything to do with IDW directly, and we weren't the ones spearheading it. So it's an encouraging sign, but we're still at the behest of others there.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #1073
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby, without wanting to get into spoilers, where does TMNT Universe fall in continuity with the ongoing title?

I'm assuming "Chasing Phantoms" comes before the first TMNTU story arc?
Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #1074
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, without wanting to get into spoilers, where does TMNT Universe fall in continuity with the ongoing title?

I'm assuming "Chasing Phantoms" comes before the first TMNTU story arc?
Correct, both Universe #1-4 and Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything happen after the current arc (which ends at TMNT #64).

It only affects very small continuity things like Pepperoni being around the Turtles in NYC and some other stuff to come, so does not matter at all if they are not read in strict chronological order.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #1075
neatoman
Emperor

I guess I haven't been thinking about it too much before but I really like the direction you guys went with Mike, makes sense for the character who's base persona can typically be described as "the carefree one" to have trouble accepting the poeple he loves the most can be much darker than he'd like to think. It certainly adds a lot to the character in my opinion, I really appreciate some added depth to him when the movies and cartoons have always just made him a more shallow character by making him "a party dude", a whiny slacker, an immature idiot or just straight up horny.

In short, I really like that some effort is finally being made to make Mike more interesting. So for how long was it planned?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #1076
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I guess I haven't been thinking about it too much before but I really like the direction you guys went with Mike, makes sense for the character who's base persona can typically be described as "the carefree one" to have trouble accepting the poeple he loves the most can be much darker than he'd like to think. It certainly adds a lot to the character in my opinion, I really appreciate some added depth to him when the movies and cartoons have always just made him a more shallow character by making him "a party dude", a whiny slacker, an immature idiot or just straight up horny.

In short, I really like that some effort is finally being made to make Mike more interesting. So for how long was it planned?
Hey, thanks, that's really nice to hear.

We first had Mike openly unhappy with the idea of killing Shredder way back in TMNT #15 (or somewhere in the Vol. 4 TPB, I might be off by an issue or so). And we established Mike as fairly high-minded/honorable before that, so his current mind-set can be traced to just about the start of the series.

In terms of him leaving to live on his own post #50? That was probably thought up somewhere in the 30's as we usually have the bigger plot points like that mapped out about two years in advance.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #1077
Harukuro
Foot Soldier

Now that the comic is now officially five years old do you have any specific moments that you are particularly proud of looking back?

Also, congrats to you, and the rest of the team, on five great years!
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #1078
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks very much!

Editorially speaking, I'm very proud of both City Fall/Villain Micro-series and to a lesser extent Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything, as those had a lot of spinning plates to keep track of, and I think they both turned out very well.

Creatively speaking, I'd say TMNT #50. We knew we had set the bar high for that issue, and I think we pulled it off. It was a tough issue, but not THAT tough because it just felt like everyone was firing on all cylinders. That's the only issue i've kept the printer proof to, just because from time-to-time I like to look at it with the pages blown up to a bigger size.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #1079
Mongoose Mike
Random Punk

Bobby, piggy backing off the question about Mike's departure from the team, what was the process for making Don, rather than Raphael, into Leo's foil in the early issues? It was super refreshing to see that change in the team dynamic.
Mongoose Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #1080
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Geez, that's going way back, and truthfully speaking I wasn't as involved on the creative side the first year, so Tom is a better person to ask.

But I think basically that Raph wasn't with his brothers in that storyline and it's important to see early on that these are real brothers, and sometimes brothers bicker and fight. Leo's dedication to Splinter's directive and Don's logical skepticism made sense for some conflict at the time.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz