The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #1821
neatoman
Emperor

Simple question, tail or no tail preference?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #1822
Xav
Foot Elite

Looking back is there anything in the comic you wish you would have done differently?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #1823
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, I was just wondering if you could confirm if the TMNT #1 Artisan Edition was pushed back. If I remember correctly Amazon had it listed for a May release and its now listed as later part of June. Not really a big deal, I was just curious
Old 05-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #1824
AlessandraDC
Thug

Today's issue was great! The Mutanimals!! ❤ The boys have seemed a little lost throughout this story (and maybe you can't really answer this), but will you guys dig into that a bit more?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #1825
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Hey Bobby,

i was wondering if you could pass a suggestion along to whoever handles the Digital releases?

IF and when the FCBD ‘Tmnt: Prelude to Dimension X’ comes to Comixoloy, if they could possibly include it in the ‘Extras’ section rather than have it in ‘Issues’ of the ongoing series?

https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-M...9zZXJpZXNMaXN0

i’m sure whoever handles the digital probably has all this already figured out.
i only mention it as a precaution to prevent it from getting lumped in with the ongoing issues. that would make Digital re-reads pretty disjointed.

thank you.
I honestly don't even know who I would talk to about this. Sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #1826
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Simple question, tail or no tail preference?
No tail I guess, since that's what we've been doing, but I don't have a strong opinion!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #1827
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Looking back is there anything in the comic you wish you would have done differently?
Good question, and i'm sure there are bigger plot points than this that i'm forgetting but something that jumps out to me at this moment:

We sometimes add too many things to the mix and that can confuse things. I'm thinking right now of Mutagen/Ooze confusion. Having Stockgen and TCRI both be Baxter facilities. Having both Darkwater and the EPF, and Knight and Winter. In all of those situations I personally would prefer that we just focus in on one of those things and forget about the other.

I would have liked to see Donatello in Metalhead for longer, but i'm complicit in that as well.

Sometimes I really like how we'll seed a plot point long in advance as a little tease, I think it adds a sense of a fuller world. But at the same time I can understand complaints of people who want to see those plot points or characters be introduced properly more quickly. I get impatient too!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #1828
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
Hi Bobby, I was just wondering if you could confirm if the TMNT #1 Artisan Edition was pushed back. If I remember correctly Amazon had it listed for a May release and its now listed as later part of June. Not really a big deal, I was just curious
Looks like it's going to print this week, so I think it's safe to say it won't be in May. Should be June though, if there's no transportation delays.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #1829
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
Today's issue was great! The Mutanimals!! ❤ The boys have seemed a little lost throughout this story (and maybe you can't really answer this), but will you guys dig into that a bit more?
Yep, that's a large part of what this storyline is about. It will be discussed more in the next issue.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #1830
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
No tail I guess, since that's what we've been doing, but I don't have a strong opinion!
Speaking of tails, some of the Mutanimals have tails, and others don't, any explanation on why Old Hob and Sally Pride who are both felines not having tails, while Mondo Gecko a reptile does?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #1831
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Both Sally and Hob do have tails! Just checked #69 and see that they both have them there. Sometimes throughout the series they perhaps are omitted at angles where they are tricky, or the artist just forgot (something that could very easily happen-- I know i've never done a tail continuity check!) In those instances, let's say the tails are tucked into pant legs! Or we just goofed!
Old 05-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #1832
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Both Sally and Hob do have tails! Just checked #69 and see that they both have them there. Sometimes throughout the series they perhaps are omitted at angles where they are tricky, or the artist just forgot (something that could very easily happen-- I know i've never done a tail continuity check!) In those instances, let's say the tails are tucked into pant legs! Or we just goofed!
Oh ok now you know, cause some of would even noticed things missing from time to time, but that's comics for ya.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #1833
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so..

A couple questions that should probably be common knowledge but i got enough pride to ask cause idk them,

whats a diamond code? I went to order the funko universe comic off the IDW site and it said something about a diamond code.

Also it has it listed as 40 pages but amazon has it listed as 26, whats the correct count? And are there any extras in the comic?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #1834
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I diamond code is something that retailers use to identify a comic. You shouldn't be seeing anything about it on the website, but the website is new and might have some kinks to work out.

The Funko story is 24 pages of story content.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #1835
neatoman
Emperor

So, is Mikey's statement about "Illuminati Confirmed" correct? Or is that a spoiler?

Another somewhat spoilerly question about the FCBD issue, can you say who the key witnesses are or does that have to be a surprise?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #1836
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Just a little question, i know it's quite a while until then but in the August Special Dimension X, will we see the Burnow Island Utroms again? Or later on, just curious The short issue for Comic Book Day awoke hopes in me to see them again.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #1837
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
So, is Mikey's statement about "Illuminati Confirmed" correct? Or is that a spoiler?

Another somewhat spoilerly question about the FCBD issue, can you say who the key witnesses are or does that have to be a surprise?
Ha, I dunno. I'd say no, but Tom wrote that line, so he might disagree with me!

You'll have to wait until Dimension X for those witnesses!
Old 05-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #1838
neatoman
Emperor

After reading the last issue of the Batman TAS crossover, I have one question:
Spoiler:
Shredder in the portal, hallucination or cliffhanger?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #1839
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
After reading the last issue of the Batman TAS crossover, I have one question:
Spoiler:
Shredder in the portal, hallucination or cliffhanger?
You be the judge!
Old 05-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #1840
mrmaczaps
Banned

What are your thoughts on fans making their own prints of issues, past or present, due to not getting a hold of a copy legally buy either buying them from a shop/online or from a friend, such as the so called "fan print tmnt 29" mirage volume 4...? Its been posted about on these boards quite a bit....

As far as comic related questions, will issue 75 be double sized or anything of that nature?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz