The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Realistically, that thing would probably smell terrible if that were the case, though.

I just kinda like the idea of April always being DTF and dressing accordingly.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:15 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Realistically, that thing would probably smell terrible if that were the case, though.

Well she's always walking down the sewers. How many vaccine shots did she need after going to the Turtles Lair for the first time, I wonder.

And how come Yoshi didn't get sick from playing with rats everyday? Or better yet, how didn't The Rat King die of plague yet?!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:27 PM   #23
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Irma was always dtf.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:38 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
Irma was always dtf.
She was desp3because she didn't get much attention from men in the first place. April definitely got a lot more of attention since she was much better looking. April wasn't very interested in romance or as man crazy as Irma. If April really wanted she'd most likely have gotten a bf rather easily.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:51 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You know, I was going to be like, "Men..." and make some joking comment, but there is something rather innocent that this conversation is about a fully clothed animated character from a 1980s/90s kid's show.

The thing with Irma was sad but funny though. Although she was still fickle to some extent. At some point it seemed she'd have gone for anything, and had Donnie actually been interested she'd prob have been down for that, but then when three of them are into her, granted against their will, she rejects them. So she either really did have her limits or she enjoyed the chase. BUT... then again, Donnie was the only one not love sick via the potion, so maybe it just wasn't the right Turtle.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:24 PM   #26
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You know, I was going to be like, "Men..." and make some joking comment, but there is something rather innocent that this conversation is about a fully clothed animated character from a 1980s/90s kid's show.

The thing with Irma was sad but funny though. Although she was still fickle to some extent. At some point it seemed she'd have gone for anything, and had Donnie actually been interested she'd prob have been down for that, but then when three of them are into her, granted against their will, she rejects them. So she either really did have her limits or she enjoyed the chase. BUT... then again, Donnie was the only one not love sick via the potion, so maybe it just wasn't the right Turtle.
They weren't fully clothed in the episode shredderville. I don't understand why Irma had such trouble with men when she was hotter than April. It must be her clumsy Steve Urkel personality that repelled men away.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:59 PM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
They weren't fully clothed in the episode shredderville. I don't understand why Irma had such trouble with men when she was hotter than April. It must be her clumsy Steve Urkel personality that repelled men away.
I respect your opinion/personal preference for Irma. I respectfully disagree with it and think April is a lot hotter.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zMjE@._V1_.jpg

She looks a lot prettier here than in most screens. Probably the best her face was ever drawn. Her hair is more reddish too whereas a lot of eps made it look more brown.
surprizeaprilchu.png
Old 02-16-2021, 09:59 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

- Don't get me started on Teela from "Masters of the Universe". I will never, ever stop. Ever. (That had to have 100% been where my Redhead Fetish started, and April is just an extension of that)

- I've known a few "Irmas". The barrier between Irma being "not interested", and being the meat in a Ninja Turtle-and-Irma Sandwich, is about four or five wine coolers deep. OR one-and-a-half Pabst Blue Ribbons, depending on who's throwing the party. Guaranteed.

I think April could get there, too, eventually... but she'd probably insist on being, like, blackout drunk. "I have zero memory of it so therefore it never happened" drunk. "Plausible Deniability" drunk. BUT, she was a 27-year old single chick without a boyfriend or any serious prospects, so it's definitely not off the table altogether. But we're talking Jack Daniels and Tequila drunk, in her case, not just "kinda tipsy" as in Irma's case.

It's a shame that there's no HBO Max show that can explore these issue properly to their full potential.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:31 PM   #30
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I respect your opinion/personal preference for Irma. I respectfully disagree with it and think April is a lot hotter.
I think I am the only one with that opinion. I don't know, but ever since I was a kid I liked how she looked. I never thought April looked attractive.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:30 PM   #31
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Atleast Irma is more feminine in her mannerisms and actually had an interest in romance, while April is aloof and obsessed with her career which is a major turn off for some.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:29 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since I was a kid when the original cartoon was airing I always saw April as a mother figure and even years later I can't view her as anything else. So no, I was never really attracted to old toon April.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #33
Shark_Blade
Emperor

She’s too plain there, April in Season 1 is a lot better in all her glory form imo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #34
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
- Don't get me started on Teela from "Masters of the Universe". I will never, ever stop. Ever. (That had to have 100% been where my Redhead Fetish started, and April is just an extension of that)
This... This. THIS.

Fortunately, I'm Scottish, and we invented them.*

* This "fact" is not actually biologically or historically true, or true in any other sense. The steppes of Eurasia were probably teeming with redheads circa 3000BC, long before Princess Scota brought Jacob's pillow over in her hand luggage. But it is truthful, which is not quite the same thing.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:18 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
This... This. THIS.

Fortunately, I'm Scottish, and we invented them.*

* This "fact" is not actually biologically or historically true, or true in any other sense. The steppes of Eurasia were probably teeming with redheads circa 3000BC, long before Princess Scota brought Jacob's pillow over in her hand luggage. But it is truthful, which is not quite the same thing.
Unlike you and Leo, I don't have a redhead fetish. I just happen to find FW April and Nami from One Piece hot. I mostly like brunettes above all else.

And it's a good thing I don't have a redhead fetish. They're kind of a rare species where I live. The only natural ginger I can think of that know irl... is a dude. No thanks

Might be an urban legend, but I've heard you can find some gingers really up northern Portugal... which is the part of the country where Celts spent the most time in and settled. I guess that might explain it...
Old 02-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #36
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
...Might be an urban legend, but I've heard you can find some gingers really up northern Portugal... which is the part of the country where Celts spent the most time in and settled. I guess that might explain it...
Not sure about Portugal, but Galicia, in the north-western part of Spain, is like that.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Not sure about Portugal, but Galicia, in the north-western part of Spain, is like that.
That region is right above Northern Portugal, so makes sense.

Nevertheless, brown and black haired people are still the majority in Northern Portugal, just like in the rest of the country. Plus, with the rural exodus Portugal has been experiencing in the past 30-40 years or so, things have changed. Maybe if you go to a rather isolate village with inhabitants who never left it and have lived there for generations you'll still find that kind of homogeneity idk
Old 08-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #38
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I didn't want to make a new thread but looking at the newer models of 1987 April I've noticed a few things. First April seems to look younger than she did back then, she now comes off as early 20s despite before looking late 20s, even to this day I see OT April more of a mother figure but now she looks younger which is just weird.

Second, her jump suit isn't allowed to be unbuttoned anymore, it looks really odd. Third thing, her chest size seems to have been upgraded, I never thought of 87 April as having huge breasts, I know fanart always depicts her as having bigger milkers than vintage Lara Croft but in the original show she didn't seem to like that. Sure people always post a few very specific key frames from the show but that's not accurate if you watch it in motion. It's odd that having her blouse opened up a bit with barely any cleavage as being "too indecent" but having her chest being twice the size of what it should is "ok".

Spoiler:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #39
dawwe
Foot Soldier

April also looked pretty great in the opening animation.

Old 08-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #40
Ninja Toitles
Random Punk

April was drawn as sooper hawt in Fred Wolf. But hookin' up with Toitles is weird!