The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #8141
Vegita-San
Emperor

I think i lost my techno mojo.

I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get my brand new sony AX53 streaming.

I manged to figure out how to connect to my router, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to connect it to facebook, or ustream, or youtube live.

any clues?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #8142
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

All month I've been taking care of an outdoor cat that lives on my aunt's porch. When I first met her, she would run from anyone who came close, but after feeding her a few times, she enjoyed attention and didn't run from people anymore.

For a while, we thought she was pregnant, but wasn't. She was basically just a dumpster fire of health problems. Worms, fly swarm, and a massive abdominal tumor.

We took her to the town vet and there we decided it was best to put her down because there was no saving her.

RIP little Kitty. I at least made your last days a little more comfortable.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #8143
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry for the loss of your kitten, Utrommaniac.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #8144
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, sorry to hear. Sucks so bad when a diagnosis turns out worse than expected. Sounds like the poor thing was dealt a tough hand, but at least she knew you and got love from a kind human in her last weeks of life and isn't left just to suffer through it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #8145
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Sorry to hear that. At least you were able to give her some kindness and comfort in her last weeks, which is more than most strays ever have. There's a lot to be said for simple human decency.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #8146
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

A guy posted on a Norwegian reptile FB page that he found a yellow-bellied slider while fishing.

I'm really upset about this. It's an invasive species and some asshole dumped it in the water, and they can survive the Norwegian climate and it's not good for the image of reptile owners which is under constant scrutiny.

The poor thing is getting to live until the weekend, as the fisher had a spare 140 gallon tank for the moment. But being a illegal species there's no way to turn it in so it can live, no parks can legally take it and there's no turtle shelter.

It really frustrates me that Sliders are being treated like ****. It's not their fault, and they'll suffer due to what's legal or not and idiots that think they'll stay penny sized and just need a 20g tank and be fed pizza.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #8147
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Bummed at having no choice but to end my unemployment benefits today, despite the fact that according to the girl on the phone, I'm still making about $65 less than my limit. Hurts because I'm not making all that much at the new job and that little extra helps.

But they had to pull this crap where I'd otherwise HAVE to attend some 3 hour workshop tomorrow, but because of work I'd never be able to make it. And not attending means you're "uncompliant" and will be prevented from collecting.

The girl on the phone suggested that if I was able to show them my schedule they they could let me skip it, but when and how am I supposed to do that? I couldn't ask them about this yesterday because of the holiday. I had to work today and could only call them at 8am when their office opened because I had to be at work by 9, and as predicted I didn't get home until just before 4pm... when their office closes. So I'm glad I chose to call this morning, but literally, when can I show anyone a schedule before that workshop? I could have never gotten over there in time before they closed; nor could I get over there tomorrow until after the workshop started...and by then I'm sure I'd be marked as a no-show. (I really didn't want to leave it until then or just not show up in fear of possibly screwing it up for myself in the future.)

There isn't even a regular solid schedule that I could show them. I have no access to print such a thing, I don't yet have the device nor would I even know yet how to find the hours listed in it yet... (IF it's even listed. My supervisor has my device, but not everything is working in it yet. And because of that I couldn't bring it home yet.) It's an unconventional "schedule" that gives you the allotted time you have for each location and which days you have to do them; the actual hours you decide to be there and get it done is up to you. (So there is no okay, I'm working 9 to 3 on Monday... rather, I need to service our product in Walmart on Monday and have an hour to get it done.) If the time was up to me I could probably tailor it to fit to be able to make it to this damn workshop, but I'm in training and therefor doing whatever hours my supervisor wants to be where and when. At best I have this written in a notebook so there is nothing official to show the unemployment insurance people that prob would ever be acceptable.

You would think a person could just get rescheduled and attend on another day, but I guess that isn't how it works... They sign you up for a specific day and that's it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-29-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #8148
Vegita-San
Emperor

I am sick of rain.

I am SICK of no spring. we are STILL getting 59 degrees in fricken june.

that should have stopped in April!
your body can't adjust well that way to the seasons!

Old 06-01-2018, 07:14 AM   #8149
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Not a gear grind, but certainly put a damper on the dday. So, yesterday a friend/coworker left work early, and this morning I found out it was because she got a call that her ex was killed in a car wreck. I didn't know him, but I am sad for her and her family, as they had kids together. I don't even quite know what to say or anything, because we are both at work, and it's so busy I've barely had time to talk to her.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #8150
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So that's what police flash bombs sound like and what it's like to be woken up by them at 6am... Ugh.

Apparently they must be looking for someone and raided the problem house across the road. Seems that nobody was home however. The amount of cops that streamed out of there... good lord. Like a reenactment of ants flooding out of a colony.

Maybe we can get that woman over there, and the problem people she allows in and out of that place, booted out finally? (Yeah right.) My mom called up our former neighbors (who still own the place) afterward to let them know something is going on. No one had notified them... I mean the landlord at least deserves to know what's going on at their property, right? And at least be able to go check to see if there is any damage if the cops had to break down any doors or windows.

So they (the former neighbors) came over and the woman who lives there had shown up by then, after the cops had all left, so they had a nice yelling match, according to my mom who overheard. Good. Because this is absurd. It had been relatively quite over there for a while, and now this? They even brought the armored truck... Wtf. We don't need this going on here.

The police had apparently left a paper stating that they were there and who they were after. The former neighbors/landlords wanted to make a copy of it and would give it back to her but this woman decided to fight her (verbally) that "she needs that." (What part of "will give it back" does this idiot not get.) Hopefully we'll be updated later on the facts... I'm sure gossip about this is going to spread like wildfire, considering at 6am most people are still home.

I can only imagine that they may have been looking for one of the adult sons of this woman. It wasn't even the state or county cops that handle stuff around here, it was the police from the city. Of which we still share an address but these cops deal with the actual city, not the suburbs west of it like us.

So that was an exciting start to my nephew's 2nd birthday... Luckily I don't think the two loud bangs scared him much.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #8151
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I am going out of my ever-loving mind today. Were we invaded by the planet of the idiots last night and I didn't know? Because the Stoopids are out in force, and they ALL seem to be coming through my drive-through lane!! Also, we've had some really rude ones as well, to the point where I am ready to start making like Casey Jones on these f**ktards. And the day isnt even half over yet......

Old 06-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #8152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Try the flash bombs on them. lol

6/7 - The inevitable horror that is a harmless crane fly getting into the house and coming after the light from your computer screen and the lamp next to you.

I know you can't help that you look like a massive mosquito, but omg stop. Go hang around another light that isn't next to me.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:36 AM   #8153
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just hit a point where I'm disliking my art style for Utroms again .

By all means, Krang should not be as remotely cute as I keep drawing him. And Ch'rell really shouldn't. My intent is that they'd look like they was carved out of a mountain side, but that's not the way it's ended up.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #8154
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't know if this is a gear grinder, or a happy grinder.

It's not been around a year + since I got banned from my only forum. I've been keeping tabs on it every month or so.

I find it amusing that it took the last jedi to finally get some hard cases to come over to my way of thinking about these modern movies, when some would have thought me troll before. seems like 98% of that forum feels the way I do about that movie, even some folks I would thought would never feel that way. which is surprising, seem to finally be seeing the light and are turning the tide against movie stupidity.

but all in all, I don't really miss it the way I did when I first got canned. things there develop into an argument as fast as things here do. only with ten times the faster pace. one place like that is bad enough to keep up with .

Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #8155
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You have some weird need for validation in online forums. Weirdoh.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #8156
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I don't know if this is a gear grinder, or a happy grinder.

It's not been around a year + since I got banned from my only forum. I've been keeping tabs on it every month or so.

I find it amusing that it took the last jedi to finally get some hard cases to come over to my way of thinking about these modern movies, when some would have thought me troll before. seems like 98% of that forum feels the way I do about that movie, even some folks I would thought would never feel that way. which is surprising, seem to finally be seeing the light and are turning the tide against movie stupidity.

but all in all, I don't really miss it the way I did when I first got canned. things there develop into an argument as fast as things here do. only with ten times the faster pace. one place like that is bad enough to keep up with .
People are curious sure, and will check the state of things they'd rather not be involved with, but its always better to just be happy regardless of what goes off online. Its a lesson many of us forget, ever since the Internet has dominated so much of our lives.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #8157
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Omg, kill me now. Nature decided to rear its ugly head again yesterday afternoon, and now it's 5am, and I've spent the entire night waking up every g**d@mn half hour from hot flashes and night sweats, and now I'm getting nauseating cramps to boot. On a Monday. I just want to curl up and die right now.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #8158
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

New gear grind- people who paint political "leftists" (aka liberals) as intolerant fascist idiots more concerned with not offending fringe groups than with actual progressive ideals like equality or human rights. This may be true of a few outliers, but like any large group, there are bad apples in every bunch. The problem is when pseudo-intellectual "superiors" sneer in distain at the proponents of what is at heart a movement intended to promote individuality and a better understanding and harmony for all, by backhandedly insulting and demeaning them as fools for having an ideological dream of a future where minorities of all stripes are treated with respect and equality.

Of course, this is not to say that "the right" are bad- they have their positive points too- but those among them (or who stand firmly against "the left") who pretend to be morally superior while systemically promoting nothing but division and vitriol through their hate-mongering of EITHER "side" are nothing but a$$hats incabable of any compassion, tolerance, or basic human decency themselves. It is sickening and a stain on humanity.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #8159
Vegita-San
Emperor

remember the political ideology. If they can label you, they can then hate you.
I never understood the 'left' 'right' labels myself.

all i ask of a person is just be a decent human being and explain your stance without being a jerk. that's all I ask

Last edited by Vegita-San; 06-13-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #8160
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was worrying a little about my tiny sapling, from my old now deceased tree, that seems to have wilted ends on some of the newer growth. The dirt moistness seemed to check out okay... (Did give it some fertilizer I just got so hopefully that will help.)

Only to come to realize that the tiny leafhopper I've often seen just innocently sitting there on its tiny trunk could be to blame... >.> Something about how they suck the sap out of the underside of leaves, particularly new growth. HM. Innocent my butt.

Don't want to harm the little things, always thought they were cute and all, but guess I will be hitting Home Depot in the morning for what will hopefully be a deterrent. This sapling is the last existing child of my old tree... no way in hell am I letting some bug have it when they have the rest of the world to eat.