The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
Egon1982
Foot Soldier

Bojack Horseman final season

Part 2 of the final season Coming at the end of the mont
https://thedigitalweekly.com/2020/01...-need-to-know/

One of my favorite cartoons of the last decade is coming to an end! i will miss it as it had intelligent smart humor that is sarcastic, relatable characters, surrealism and satire plus drama as it's Fritz the Cat, Taxi Driver and Regular Show meets The Critic and King of Comedy and Rocko's Modern Life in a blender.

I hope it ends on a beautiful note like King of the Hill, Futurama, My Little Pony FIM, Regular Show, Gravity Falls etc. and all those other cartoons that ended well on good notes and i'm glad this show won't becoming a foul smelling Weekend at Bernies style corpse like The Simpsons has became over the last 20 years. The Simpsons needs to be buried already when it should had 20 years ago with Behind the Laughter instead of puppeting the corpse like Bernie.

Last edited by Egon1982; 01-22-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Two more weeks until the series finale and honestly I don't think I'm ready.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:50 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My favorite comment in the Youtube video:
"The show's ending and everything's Horse now"

And oh god...it's true...

It does look interesting to see where this is going though.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #4
Egon1982
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Two more weeks until the series finale and honestly I don't think I'm ready.
You hope it ends like those shows i mentioned and glad they are not gonna drag the show on and on until it becomes a puppeted Weekend at Bernies corpse like Simpsons, Family Guy, Spongebob etc.?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
You hope it ends like those shows i mentioned and glad they are not gonna drag the show on and on until it becomes a puppeted Weekend at Bernies corpse like Simpsons, Family Guy, Spongebob etc.?
Well of course, I never saw Bojack as the type of show that would last over 6 years but still after part 1 of the season 6 finale I know this show is going to destroy me.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:34 PM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Whelp this is it, its been 6 years and we are finally reaching the end.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:26 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've already watched it all and...oof.

Spoiler:
Final episode wasn't quite what I expected, especially after the episode before it.

There's some degree where it works, and another to which I think it would have worked just as well if BoJack had actually died, with the way that episode went.

But, the fact that the lives of everyone else were vastly improved without him was sobering. Especially when it comes to PC, Todd, and Diane.
Like...I'm especially so happy for Todd finally planting himself instead of blowing around like a tumbleweed.

And my girl Princess Carolyn finally being able to let other people take care of her and take some steps back from needing to be the one to take care of other people
Old 02-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
You know some people might think the ending is too happy or it was anti climatic but I think it was needed, the whole series was 30% clever commentary and 70% anxious attacks so its nice to have the ending that's relaxed and low key. I loved the dialogue between Diane and Bojack at the end and I also loved how everyone gets some sort of closure don't know what's going to happen in the future but for now its a sweet end to a very well written show

Well that's it, its kinda funny how the best animated show of the 2010s ended in 2020 but at least it ended instead of being zombie like other adult shows and when it comes to endings I say it stuck the landing.