Mad Scientist

TMNT #150. Preview and discussion

First preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

"A bloody end?'

We know they're not going to kill off any of the characters, as Jennika and the others are already in the relaunch issues. It's too bad they can't kill off Lita, Bob, Carmen, Jennika, etc. because we know they'll all still be around.

Armaggon is so boring in IDW I wish they never used him and instead just some other character with the same name. Archie Armaggon > Nick Armaggon >>>>> IDW Armaggon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:15 PM   #3
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

The reboot is coming, so Campbell is very eager to fulfill her AU prophecy in #139, no matter how silly. Like I still don't understand why future Donnie is a mad wizard instead of a mad scientist?
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:57 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
"A bloody end?'

We know they're not going to kill off any of the characters, as Jennika and the others are already in the relaunch issues. It's too bad they can't kill off Lita, Bob, Carmen, Jennika, etc. because we know they'll all still be around.

Armaggon is so boring in IDW I wish they never used him and instead just some other character with the same name. Archie Armaggon > Nick Armaggon >>>>> IDW Armaggon.
Same goes for The Punk Frogs, Razhar and Tokka, Groundchuck and Dirtbag.I could go on.

Agreed on the above as well. Let's just be rid of them!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Punk Frogs were handled alright, an improvement over the originals not that it matters. Groundchuck/Dirtbag was fun with the combined version too, it's not like they really serve much purpose besides being more mutant henchmen.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:22 PM   #6
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I actually really enjoyed IDW's take on Tokka and Rahzar. Took their basic DNA from SOTO only without the restrictions of a family-friendly movie forcing them to be mostly slapsticky foils with a lot of strength. Them downing Karai's transport and their tussle with both the Turtles and B&R really show off their potential to be actually really cool, dangerous threats when they're riled up. I just wish that they had been allowed to stick around with Karai's crew instead of being whisked to the future after four issues.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

I'm not sure why anyone cares about Tokka and Rahzar in the first place. They were basically created to replace Bebop and Rocksteady because they suck as characters, and yet somehow ended up being even worse.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:11 AM   #8
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I actually really enjoyed IDW's take on Tokka and Rahzar. Took their basic DNA from SOTO only without the restrictions of a family-friendly movie forcing them to be mostly slapsticky foils with a lot of strength. Them downing Karai's transport and their tussle with both the Turtles and B&R really show off their potential to be actually really cool, dangerous threats when they're riled up. I just wish that they had been allowed to stick around with Karai's crew instead of being whisked to the future after four issues.
They are still babies, which mean the turtles can't even hurt them. Even if they commit irreparable crimes, they may be easily forgiven because they are babies.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #9
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Hopefully Jason Aaron’s run on tmnt would put idw tmnt back on track. Like maybe adding lord dregg as the new big bad and forgotten plot lines for it.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:08 AM   #10
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Hopefully Jason Aaron’s run on tmnt would put idw tmnt back on track. Like maybe adding lord dregg as the new big bad and forgotten plot lines for it.
If the reboot get worse, it could be like Todd Howard/Bethesda trashed Black Isle/Obsidian New Vegas in the new Fallout TV show.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:48 PM   #11
DexVcx
Random Punk

Its so confusing we dont even know when this issue comes out it says April 14 then the 24. There's nothing to build up to lmao.
DexVcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:21 PM   #12
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexVcx View Post
Its so confusing we dont even know when this issue comes out it says April 14 then the 24. There's nothing to build up to lmao.
It's was originally listed for April 10th and has been pushed back twice, first to the 17th and then to the 24th.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:00 AM   #13
Wentos
Foot Soldier

I haven't collected the main IDW series in years, but I remember release dates getting pushed back was pretty common, particularly milestone issues. Issue #50 was delayed almost two months.
(It was worth it though. That issue is a masterpiece.)

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:48 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

This issue had a lot going on, I'm not sure I liked it but it was a vast improvement over the last few issues. So Venus is the reason the Turtles and Hamato Yoshi were reincarnated after they died, due to time travel shenanigans and transported the QNA from their human bodies to the Turtle eggs and rat at Stockman's lab. I actually like that and I guess that explains an old plot hole from Waltz run about the whole reincarnation thing rather than Splinter just wishing they had another chance in a new life before they died?

Venus' fate is ambiguous. Did she go into the afterlife with Yoshi and Tang Shen? Is she still alive? Who knows. Lita stays human which is a good thing. I guess her future self gets retconned as well?

Bob was a dumb, dumb character. Like I still don't get him. And what happened to future Don and the two magic Turtle drawings? Did they go to their own time?

All in all it was fine, better than Sophie's last few issues even if confusing. We basically went down to only 1 female Turtle, and Jennika and Sheena are probably going to be written off in a road trip somewhere soon. Or died on their way back to their home planet.

Also for a 150th issue it's weird that Donatello is the only Turtle for the whole issue and not the others.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:08 AM   #15
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
We basically went down to only 1 female Turtle, and Jennika and Sheena are probably going to be written off in a road trip somewhere soon. Or died on their way back to their home planet.
I thought the current speculation was that Jennika is IDW Nightwatcher? I personally don't really care, so long as she keeps her Scrappy Doo self out of the main title.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:23 AM   #16
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

It’s done. The abomination that was once IDW TMNT has finally been put out of its misery.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:31 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
This issue had a lot going on, I'm not sure I liked it but it was a vast improvement over the last few issues. So Venus is the reason the Turtles and Hamato Yoshi were reincarnated after they died, due to time travel shenanigans and transported the QNA from their human bodies to the Turtle eggs and rat at Stockman's lab.
They actually did an origin story to explain some reincarnations?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:24 PM   #18
Jeff
Stone Warrior

i thought it was a nice way to wrap up volume 5. a lot of it was mumbo jumbo exposition, but its comics, and i love it! its a happy, bittersweet ending of this chapter and i can't wait to read what happens next! Nightwatcher FCBD issue was a nice tease, too.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
i thought it was a nice way to wrap up volume 5
Volume what?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:00 PM   #20
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Volume what?
Heh, yeah, it's funny when people refer to the IDW series as that. At least Image's run attempted to be a continuation of Mirage continuity until "Volume" said it wasn't.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote