The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Heroes Con

I have attended annually since 2005 and met both creators of TMNT, Robin and Joker's creator, artistic legends like Dick Giordano, Neal Adams, Nick Cardy,and writers like Keith Giffen and Paul Levitz, and Eric Talbot and Mike Dooney are regulars for all you Mirage fans. No one stands out of the list, but that does not mean any last minute happy surprises could be added. It is the largest pure comic convention in the states and the closest one to me as luck would have it. Anyone else going this year?
http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/guests/
http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/schedule/
Old 06-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

None for me this year. It's a good time, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I want to make it down there so badly. These days I can only make one big con trip, and this year it's SDCC.

Bring us back stories!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I go every year. I'm so pumped up about this year because I spoke with a vendor the other day and he's bringing me some vintage stuff for my collection. I bought some stuff from him last year too that was in immaculate shape. Also Don Rosa is coming back this year. Admittedly, he's not a very nice guy but his Scrooge McDuck art is phenomenal. I got to have a chat with Scott Snyder right as he was taking off a few years ago and he was a super nice guy. Heroescon is what SDCC ought to be. It's definitely for comic book fans. I honestly think the San Diego show should be called San Diego "Comic" Con. Seems like it's mostly just for bandwagon movie only fans now. I remember a few years ago they had more crap about those stupid emo Twilight movies than anything else.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I think Pop Culture Convention would suit San Deigo's event best.

I am going Friday morning. Are you going for just a day trip or the whole three day event? Anyone you are hoping to meet or item you are looking for?
Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think Pop Culture Convention would suit San Deigo's event best.

I am going Friday morning. Are you going for just a day trip or the whole three day event? Anyone you are hoping to meet or item you are looking for?
I'm only going for one day. I will be there for the Saturday. It takes me and my buddy about 4 and half hours to get there and then we just drive back when it's over. We always go eat pizza at that Fuel place too. I love their pizza. I think Cullen Bunn is the one that I'm looking the most forward to seeing because I can't think of anyone else that's really new for this year. One of my favorite things about it is meeting the indie artists who draw cool sketches from all my favorite shows from when I was a kid. I've got some cool TMNT, Ducktales, and Real Ghostbusters art that I have bought from there over the years. The year Stan Lee came I didn't even bother with trying to see him because his line was a mad house and they had him in his own personal room. Then Kevin Eastman came and I didn't get to see him because he only came on Saturday and I had to go on Friday that year. I was super bummed. Did you get to meet him that year? I'm sure his line would have been insane too though really. As far as what I'm looking for, I will be looking for carded vintage figures and playsets. I know for a fact I'm at LEAST getting a complete Technodrome and Napoleon Bonafrog that's unpunched. I will probably be getting a whole lot more than that though. I will also be looking for the old Hasbro WWF toys and I even buy those loose but would prefer carded.