The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 08-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

Mutant Ninja Turtles GAIDEN (Sidestory)

I had originally planned to let the cat outta the bag once the prologue would at least be done, but since there are already a few people who know about it, I thought, 'why not let everyone know?'
So there.
Please make sure you read the 'about MNT Gaiden' section before reading the fan comic itself.

I try to update it as often as possible, but I'll be back to college next week, so things will slow down.

My fan comic site is the following:
http://obscurezodiac.com

Please feel free to post comments and observations here. (especially expecting Whitewolf89's TMNT character analysis ^_^)

Last edited by Tigerfog; 05-11-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Changing the topic's name
Tigerfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Ryona

Aloha, Tigerfog! I havn't seen you for a while! Oh, I'm so happy to get a chance to see more of your art work! I absolutly adore your art.

I'll be back to comment on your comic after I read it.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Thats was wonderful! I love the story and getting to see the dark sides of Raph and Leo. Sucks that it ended that was to cool. Hope Don is in it more in actually comic because thats the onyl thing I didnt like about it, Its drawn so well and the story is good too. Nice work and cant wait to see the finial product
Edit: Just read the new pages they are sweet! Theres some Don in them I love it
Old 08-10-2004, 02:31 AM   #4
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Very cool. Can't wait to see more.
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:39 AM   #5
Tokka72
Thug

Those are super sweet! I so want to see more!

Tokka72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Re: My MNT Gaiden fancomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfog
I had originally planned to let the cat outta the bag once the prologue would at least be done, but since there are already a few people who know about it, I thought, 'why not let everyone know?'
So there.
Please make sure you read the 'about MNT Gaiden' section before reading the fan comic itself.

I try to update it as often as possible, but I'll be back to college next week, so things will slow down.

My fan comic site is the following:
http://obscurezodiac.150m.com/MNTpages/MNTindex.htm

Please feel free to post comments and observations here. (especially expecting Whitewolf89's TMNT character analysis ^_^)
You've got it, bro!

Everything is going great so far. Love your delving into the deeper, darker parts of the guys, especially Leo and Raph's (NOT that Raph's NEEDS MUCH delving into! ). The last few pages were real eye-openers, especially where Leo was concerned. He doesn't REALLY feel like that about Raph, does he? Hope not. This could stir up some SERIOUS crap between them, but I think it's about to get REALLY bad...for everybody.

Glad you finally let the cat (or in this case, Turtles) out of the bag. Your MNT Gaiden FanComic was just too great, and cool, a treasure to be kept underwraps. Can't wait to see more. I know things will slow down now, but don't worry about it. Stuff THIS good is DEFINITELY WORTH waiting for! Can't wait for more!

Btw, bro, you DO know that you can add your Website addy to your Profile here, don't you? You go to your profile thingy and add it to the proper line. That's what I did for my DevArt Page. (Hey, nobody SAID that they have to be a site attached to Geocrappies or something!)

Oh, btw, good luck when you get back to college next week! Study hard, but have lotsa fun, too!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #7
Red Lioness
Hench Mutant

Um . . . . WOW. I love your style, TigerFog! The comic is just awesome! The story and art are both just great! Keep it coming!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #8
Ryona

I just read your manga and I LOVE IT!!! It's incredibly awesome!! I love it SOOO MUCH!! *drool*
I CAN"T WAIT FOR MORE!!!
That was so professionally made. You should definetly work as a comic artist!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #9
Leonardo_the_sword_master
Stone Warrior

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO man that is really good i eman good drawing and story so far is good i am right now reading it.
COWABUNGA
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #10
Stone Warrior

sorry 4 double post.

when are you gonna get more??? and where is master splinter???
Old 08-11-2004, 07:36 PM   #11
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

Wow, thanks for the positive comments, everybody! ^_^
BTW, Whitewolf89, Leo does feel that way about Raph, except that those negative feelings were, before my comic, always overtaken by his positive feelings for Raph, which were obviously stronger. The cursed katana cancels all the positive thoughts, letting the negative feelings take over the wielder's body without resitance. In the case of Raph, Leo was able to awaken some good thoughts in him, but in Leo's case, Raph alone won't be able to do it...
That's kind of like Ying and Yang. We all have good and bad inside of us.

So... see what's coming up next soon!

BTW, if you scroll down in my MNT Gaiden page, you might notice a 'lastest state of my mind' section. I try to update that thing as often as possible, as it is only scribbles describing my daily thoughts. (Like most japanese people do with their diaries) I always throw in some TMNT to spice up the pictures.

BTW, as for Splinter, you'll have to wait, Leonardo_the_sword_master, because as you can see, the pace of the action is a tad slow. That's because I need to take time to do character development for everybody. After all, my MNT Gaiden is all about character development.
But yes, Splinter will appear and...
You'll see!

It'll be a little while before he appears, so I have some time to practice drawing him some more! ^_^
Old 08-11-2004, 08:12 PM   #12
Stone Warrior

Quote:
BTW, Whitewolf89, Leo does feel that way about Raph, except that those negative feelings were, before my comic, always overtaken by his positive feelings for Raph, which were obviously stronger. The cursed katana cancels all the positive thoughts, letting the negative feelings take over the wielder's body without resitance. In the case of Raph, Leo was able to awaken some good thoughts in him, but in Leo's case, Raph alone won't be able to do it...

BTW, if you scroll down in my MNT Gaiden page, you might notice a 'lastest state of my mind' section. I try to update that thing as often as possible, as it is only scribbles describing my daily thoughts. (Like most japanese people do with their diaries) I always throw in some TMNT to spice up the pictures.

BTW, as for Splinter, you'll have to wait, Leonardo_the_sword_master, because as you can see, the pace of the action is a tad slow. That's because I need to take time to do character development for everybody. After all, my MNT Gaiden is all about character development.
You'll see!

It'll be a little while before he appears, so I have some time to practice drawing him some more! ^_^
thanks for teh info.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #13
Kali
Inactive Moderator

I remember reading the first few pages of this on Deviantart, so I was thrilled to see the rest of it (so far)! I'm very impressed, and I'm so into the story. Like everybody said, the artwork's fantastic, and the plot's got me on edge. Great take on the characters.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #14
Whitewolf89

Quote:

All I can say to THAT is "ouch". I was hoping that they were a bit closer than that. I mean, in the toon, you see how concerned they are for each other (although that got kinda iffy a coupla during the "City at War" story-arc, when they were at each other's throats a lot), but I guess sibs do have their issues.

I kinda figured that much out about that sandblasted katana when it did what it did to Raph, but at least Leo was able to reason with him and snap him out of it, but, as you say, it won't be THAT easy with Leo himself. (Such things never are.) It's going to take the whole family, not just Raph, and it's going to be mega-rough. And while I don't want to try to give away the ending (which YOU know, and I don't...natch), I AM going to guess that the resolution to this whole mess WON'T be a totally happy one...NOT for the boys, anyway. I just have the feeling that Leo's going to come away from this with a large amount of guilt hanging over him.

It DOES makes me wonder, though, just WHO in the shell SENT that thing to them...........

And you're right; we do. That's why the symbol for it is made the way it is.

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that when I dropped by the page. Leo and Raph (your versions of them, anyway) didn't look any more happy about what you found than YOU did. LOL I nearly fell off my chair laughing at the looks on their faces (and yours!)....and got my OWN Leo and Raph-Muses looking at me kinda funny in the process. (Once they saw what I was laughing at, though...eeek! Had to go hide from Raphie for awhile, although Leo was trying to talk him out of killing me. Naturally, I told him it was neither yours nor my idea for that stuff...which is why my l'il ol' Mousey hide is still intact----mostly, anyway). In fact, Raph looks mad enough to go hunt somebody up and give them what-for...whith his sais, preferably, and Leo looks ready to do it himself. ESPECIALLY given the pairing that's plastered on your monitor-screen! Oooooo, they BOTH look mad enough to chew nails and spit lasers, as my fursona would say.

Anyway, looks like I'll have to start dropping by the site more often (like daily, I guess ), or I'll risk missing some true gems. I'm loving the "Latest State of Mind" bits now, too. They every bit as cool as the comic itself, bro! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Quote:
You'll see!

I agree with Tigerfog, Leonaardo_the_sword_master. The pace is progressing well, and every page is a true treasure worth waiting for. And if you look back in the first few pages (can't remember which ones, exactly), you'll see that Splinter has put in an apppearance...if only to scold Raph and to ground him (which is why he was mad at Leo in the first place...even if he no longer seems to be).

Hah! Almost gave away the plot, bro! Better watch that!

And I liked how you resolved my question of the blood on Raph's sais. It was the blood of the punks he attacked. VERY masterfully done. Your're getting to be as good at keeping me guessing at such things as my fave comic book artist and writer, Wendy "Elf-Mom" Pini, the creator, and High Howl-Keeper of "Elfquest" (which I was reading before our beloved Turtle-boys ever came onto the scene. Now I love both comics equally. But I digress....)

I still can't shake the feeling, though, that the blood on those sais are a portent of bad things to come for our guys.................

Oh, btw, bro, you can call me by the nick OF my nick, if you want to. I go by "Wolf" or "Wolfie" more than my FULL nick when I'm online and among my different fandom-buddies like this. In fact, I started using "Wolfie" over on the UnOfficial BMFM Fan Club MessageBoard back in the early '90's, and I still use it more than my full nick, most places. I'm not as fussy about it as my Martian fursona, who only allows MIKEY to call her that. Why? Nobody knows. It's something that will eventually be revealed in my BMFM/TMNT crossover fanfic if I can ever get off my lazy butt and try to break through the writer's block that I'm sitting behind right now.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:31 PM   #15
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

The fan comic's updated to page 35! To you Donatello fans, he's there and kicking shell!
And I also added a LATEST (not lastest, my bad!!! ^^ state of mind that has to do with Finding Nemo and Michelangelo. Classic TMNT fans will perhaps know what I'm talking about.

I AM going to guess that the resolution to this whole mess WON'T be a totally happy one...NOT for the boys, anyway. I just have the feeling that Leo's going to come away from this with a large amount of guilt hanging over him.

Yep. I had hinted you at this many times, Wolfie (yay, I can call you by your nickname!) BUT I never said anything straight out, hehe!
Although I already have crafted the whole prologue in my mind, it will be up to you readers to determine by yourselves whether it's a rather sad or happy ending once I'll have finished the prologue.
But just to let you guys know, this first part is not called 'prologue' for nothing. The prologue will allow me to start the normal story with more ease and to introduce my fan made TMNT without feeling too guilty about neglecting the original TMNTs. (don't worry, the whole story's about all TMNTs, not my fan made TMNT.)

It DOES makes me wonder, though, just WHO in the shell SENT that thing to them...
You probably know it's someone who hated Hamato Yoshi, hehe.

I remember reading the first few pages of this on Deviantart
Yeah, but I stopped posting pages there because it really isn't conveninent, right?
I gotta tell MNT Gaiden readers over there to come to my site. ^^;
Old 08-12-2004, 08:13 PM   #16
Ryona

I'm lovin' it! I'm lovin' it so much!

Awesome work, Tigerfog!

^_^
Old 08-12-2004, 08:31 PM   #17
Whitewolf89

Quote:
The fan comic's updated to page 35! To you Donatello fans, he's there and kicking shell!
And I also added a LATEST (not lastest, my bad!!! ^^ state of mind that has to do with Finding Nemo and Michelangelo. Classic TMNT fans will perhaps know what I'm talking about.
Coolness! I really like this one! LOL It's hilarious, too! You really seem to get along well with the guys. Well, your online char does, anyway. Love it.

Quote:
I AM going to guess that the resolution to this whole mess WON'T be a totally happy one...NOT for the boys, anyway. I just have the feeling that Leo's going to come away from this with a large amount of guilt hanging over him.

Yep. I had hinted you at this many times, Wolfie (yay, I can call you by your nickname!) BUT I never said anything straight out, hehe!
Although I already have crafted the whole prologue in my mind, it will be up to you readers to determine by yourselves whether it's a rather sad or happy ending once I'll have finished the prologue.
But just to let you guys know, this first part is not called 'prologue' for nothing. The prologue will allow me to start the normal story with more ease and to introduce my fan made TMNT without feeling too guilty about neglecting the original TMNTs. (don't worry, the whole story's about all TMNTs, not my fan made TMNT.)
Yeah, I know, but sometimes it takes awhile for things to soak in to my l'il ol' pea-brain. LOL And yeah, you can call me that. My Martian fursona is the only one who doesn't allow anyone but Mikey to call her by HER nick, as I've said. She doesn't even let Leo and Raph call her that, and in my in-progress fanfic, the three of them have a very...interesting...sort of relationship.

I know. This is your "baby" (and a very NICE one it is, too!), but thank you for letting the rest of us puzzle it out as we will. It's fun that way. As for the ending, myself, I think it's going to be a bitter-sweet one; not really sad, but not all "happy-happy-joy-joy", either. I have a feeling their lives will be changed drastically. But that's just MY take on it.

Anyway, can't wait to see the MAIN "MNT Gaiden" FanComic. If it's HALF as good and suspenseful (and stuff) as the Prologue has been thus far, you have another bona-fide winner on your hands. And the rest of us are in for another roller-coaster ride. Any hints about how long IT will be? You said the Prologue would be about 50 pages. Will the Main Event be even LONGER? Hope so.

Quote:
It DOES makes me wonder, though, just WHO in the shell SENT that thing to them...
You probably know it's someone who hated Hamato Yoshi, hehe.
Yeah, I kinda/sorta figured that, but wasn't sure. But why did this person put in the sewer for the gang to find? There's no real evidence that Master Yoshi was connected to anyone but Splinter. Unless.............

Quote:
I remember reading the first few pages of this on Deviantart
Yeah, but I stopped posting pages there because it really isn't conveninent, right?
Yeah, I remember you saying that somewhere now. It doesn't put as much stress on YOU, either, trying to keep the comic in two different places at once and updating the two. THAT would drive ME nuts! Or at least make me VERY dizzy! So I can understand why you're doing it this way. I just hope you're still going to post stuff AT DevArt now and again.

I've got buddies all over the place who love this fandom. I'll drop a few hints in some of the messageboards that I'm a member of to check out your page. They'll fall in love with it like I did. I guar-ran-tee!!!

Quote:
I gotta tell MNT Gaiden readers over there to come to my site. ^^;
And that would be a good idea. A little self-promotion NEVER hurt anyone...ESPECIALLY if they draw as great a fancomic as yours!!!

Oh, and if I didn't say so before, good luck in college when you start back up next week. Slightly OT, I know, but what the hay, I say.

OH, btw, I checked out the latest pages over at "Obscure Zodiac" a little while ago. Things are starting to heat up a bit more, I see. Donnie thought Raph had gone round the bend, from what Mikey had told him, Raph tried to straighten him out on the whole mess, and then Leo jumps in and Donnie sees that HE's the crazy one now! And Leo's turned on poor DONNIE now! For trying to protect the wounded Raph! Ohhhhh, man, but this is getting VERY nasty!!!

*goes and dives under her bed to hide as her Turtle-Muses look at her in an odd fashion*

Mikey: "What's up with Wolfie, do you suppose?"

Donnie: "No clue. I quit trying to figure out human females a few months after we met April."

Raph: "Eh, she probably read a scary fanfic or saw a scary picture, or somethin'. She'll come out sooner or later. She always does, don't she?"

Leo: "Raph, do you SERIOUSLY want her MAD at you again?! Remember what she did to you the LAST time that you got her mad?! She IS our housemate, you know."

Raph: "Er... Well......"

Me, pokes head out from under bed: "I HEARD that, Raphael! You're in enough trouble in my fancomics and fanfics as it is!!! You wanna ADD to it?! You're still tied up in my latest chapter! You want me to let you out of it, or not, wise-guy?!"

Raph, uneasily: "Uh, yeah. Sorry, boss."

Me: "No problem. But if you guys REALLY want to know why I'm hiding, go check out the latest pages of Tigerfog's MNT Gaiden Prologue. They'd scare YOU, too. Especially YOU, Raphael!"

*duck back under the bed*

Raph, snorts: "Yeah, right."

Mikey, worried: "She could be right, Raph. I mean, look what's happened to us in it SO far! Especially to you, me and Leo!"

Raph: ".........."

LOL Sorry for this last bit of "dialogue", but I just couldn't resist it. I AM a certifiable nutcase, you know.......

EDIT: On a side-note, I really like your new siggy pic. Is there any chance that their individual pics are part of a bigger pic of the guys, and if so, could you post it somewhere? Or is that the way it's designed? If so, it's still cool looking.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:23 AM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director

This comic gets better and better the more pages I read cant wait to read the whole thing!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:40 AM   #19
SeaThreePeeO
Mad Scientist

What can I say about this web comic but good things?

Get read for and ego boost coming your way.....

WOW Tigerfog, simply wow! The art is impressive to say the least, if only I had your raw talent! It's smooth, easy on the eyes and flows perfectly from one page to the next. It has that damatic feel about it.

The prolouge is gripping, it has really pulled me in and I really really want to see the whole story! But I guess I will just have to be patient like everybody else.

I can't wait to see the next installment.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:46 AM   #20
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Yay, more pages. Let us know whenever you update, allright?

Also, though your art was good to begin with, I've been noticing that it is actually improving with every update, kudos.

And I think I know how this 'prologue' will end...I've seen your future TMNT drawings...Am I far off when I say those might be invloved in this somehow...?
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote