The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is going to happen to Baxter in the IDW comic?
Nothing, he'll remain a human 14 41.18%
He'll be turned into a fly, like the Fred Wolf cartoon 10 29.41%
He'll become a cyborg, like in Mirage Vol. 2 and 4Kids 5 14.71%
He'll become an ever-changing series of cyborgs ala 4Kids 1 2.94%
Something else will happen to him (describe) 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What will happen to Baxter in the IDW TMNT?

Just for fun, let's take it to the polls and see what you guys think (and who will turn out to be right).

This is not an opinion poll of "What's your favorite Baxter," only what you think will emerge at IDW.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
hudemx
Hench Mutant

I would love to see him turn into a Fly, but not in the way as it was in the OT, rather in a way like in the Fly Movie with Jeff Goldbloom as The Fly.

I Imagine that Baxter infects himself with the strange substance which turned the Turtles & Splinter (let's not say mutagen for once ) into humanoid forms, but slowly turns his Body into one of a fly (in the same fashion as the Movie) - that would look awesome ^^
Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

The IDW series almost seems like its becoming a reimagining of the original cartoon for me.

Waltz said issue 7 would have something for Fred Wolf fans. Given we have a panel of Baxter looking scared and being held up by someone, I wonder.

The only other thing I can think of is Krang's full reveal or something to do with Traag/Rock Soldiers/Dimension X.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant

I have a strong suspicion Krang is going to do something to Stockman to punish him for failing him. Maybe he'll imprison Stockman and use him as a guinea pig for some nasty experiments.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Donnie
Something from the Past

There is so much OT influence in characters that I have a feeling we'll be seeing a re-working of the Fly Baxter. I'm not opposed if done right. It actually has a lot of potential.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

I was going to give a snarky answer...but then I started to actually think about it.

Based on seeing how much love they are having for the MWS Characters... I wouldn't be surprised if we see a return of the fly!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #7
saber16
Foot Soldier

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I've been wondering for a while now if anything happened to Baxter in the IDW series. I've looked online, but I can't find anything and I havent had the time to catch up on the comic. Any chance an IDW reader can fill clueless yutz in?
Personally, I was hoping to see him combination of the fly mutation and the cyborg transformation, like the 80s Fly remake.
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #8
snake
Disgusting

He's still a human, surprisingly.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He's remaining human and will probably stay that way.

Both the fly and cyborg elements have been reimagined accordingly as something he created.

It's better that way too. As a fly he was a yellow-bellied wimp and as a cyborg he was a kiss@ss. I'd rather see him remain human and a self-serving egotist. And it looks like the writers would rather see it that way too. I see no reason in the narrative to mutate him either.

Now, I could see him with a cybernetic limb, but not a full-on cyborg. He's running TCRI, which is a bit of a change from the usual tmnt status quo, making it a human-run organization like in the 90's movie (but not calling it TGRI???) rather than the base for the Utroms in...every other version it's been in.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He's still a human, surprisingly.
Yeah, for six years and counting.

I think the reason the cartoons can't go 50 episodes without doing some crap like that is just the toy thing. When divorced from that push for merch, I guees nobody feels like doing it or at least not doing it quickly.

Oh and just to keep the record straight, FW did it the quickest and Nick took the longest time, at 12 and 42 episodes respectively. And the 4kids show? 7 episodes to the eyepatch, 19 for the arm and wheelchair and 32 for the head. So he does get mutilated early on but it's very mild and realistic by that point, the second mutilation still happens after the 12 episode mark and (while it has the robot arm/super-wheelchair) is still within the realm of plausibility. It's really only when he's a head where it gets so silly it has to be called fantasy. Then theres the matter of amount of episodes they were in before they were changed. FW Baxter spent 7 full episodes as a human, Nick Baxter also had 7 (8 including a flashback) and 4Kids Baxter had 2 before any cybernetic attachments.

Maybe I need a chart to keep this straight?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Saber16, the editor said just week thst Baxter Stockman will remain human and IDW wants to explore what has not been done yet because there is a lot there simply as Baxter Stockman. I could not agree more!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There was probably a desire to turn him into a fly early on because Fred Wolf > Everything Else... but then the Nicktoon beat them to the punch so now it might be a little bit too obvious.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #13
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber16 View Post
Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I've been wondering for a while now if anything happened to Baxter in the IDW series. I've looked online, but I can't find anything and I havent had the time to catch up on the comic. Any chance an IDW reader can fill clueless yutz in?
Personally, I was hoping to see him combination of the fly mutation and the cyborg transformation, like the 80s Fly remake.
He was last seen in the second-to-last issue of the main ongoing and is still completely human. He had a power armor in the first Universe storyline, but that's about it.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think they'll still go the cyborg route eventually, but not all cyborg. Just something like a cyborg arm or an eye or something like that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 AM   #15
saber16
Foot Soldier

I'm fine with that. He's an interesting character, regarsless if he's a human, fly, cyborg or whatever.
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baxter_cuckman