The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #1061
Peanut
Second Gear

Alright, so before my retarded episode last night, I played a TON of this game. It is the greatest DS game ever made. Period. I solved a puzzle in the second chapter that made me feel like a detective GOD. It wasn't overly difficult, but the game really makes you feel good for figuring stuff out.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #1062
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

So you really like it huh?

I only heard about this game a few weeks ago. I watched some clips of it on IGN, and it was very heavy on story. Is it like that throughout most of the game or did I just watch the beginning?

I'm going to get a DS for my b-day in a couple months. Trying to fgure out which games I need to get to "catch up".
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #1063
Peanut
Second Gear

If you don't want to read, don't get this game. I would say 85% of it is working through conversations with various people. Discovering their motives and moving the story along. That being said, the writing is terrific, and the characters are great. It's like reading a really good novel.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #1064
Jed
Stone Warrior

I got Driver Parallel Lines, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Timesplitters 2 all secondhand for the Xbox cause they were dirt cheap.
I am Frank-Zappa-as-imagined-by-the-editor-of-a-famous-rock-&-roll-magazine. I am an anachronism who makes the ugliest music on the planet. I have no right to call myself a member of the human race. I am tasteless, untalented, pompous, arrogant, cruel, insensitive, vulgar and not a fun guy because I don't use drugs.

Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #1065
LogicDonny
Banned

picked up

sega genesis collection 30 bucks now for psp
death jr for 10 bucks psp
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #1066
Super Moderator

PSP is awful.

I picked up Hotel Dusk last night. My DS Lite is back at school, so I have yet to play it.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #1067
Jon
Mad Scientist

Haven't posted in here for a while, but my latest video game purchases are--

Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Both for Wii

Haven't tried Rampage yet (as also had gotten the GameCube release, and got the Wii version cause of the additions mentioned on it).
But Rayman is a rather quirky little game. Still have to get used to it some, as have "Failed" on all of the first 4 mini-games so far.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #1068
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

X-men Legand

Sig made by: Joe
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #1069
Peanut
Second Gear

Bought me Diddy Kong Racing for DS. I had an unhealthy obsession with the story mode when I was younger, as it was so different from any other racing game. The big thing? 6 player online. If any of you other DS owners pick it up, tell me so we can all hook up for a huge game.

I also got a Wii Point Card. I'll probably be getting Mario Kart 64 and some other stuff with it. I still have points left over from my previous card, so I should be able to pick up a good amount of stuff.

Has anyone picked up and/or played Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii? I was going to get it tonight, but some stuff I had heard about the emulation being very poor made me decide not to. Anyone? If not, I might pick it up for the PSP instead.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #1070
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Bought me Diddy Kong Racing for DS. I had an unhealthy obsession with the story mode when I was younger, as it was so different from any other racing game. The big thing? 6 player online. If any of you other DS owners pick it up, tell me so we can all hook up for a huge game.

I also got a Wii Point Card. I'll probably be getting Mario Kart 64 and some other stuff with it. I still have points left over from my previous card, so I should be able to pick up a good amount of stuff.

Has anyone picked up and/or played Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii? I was going to get it tonight, but some stuff I had heard about the emulation being very poor made me decide not to. Anyone? If not, I might pick it up for the PSP instead.
I have played the psp version already. emulation is perfect.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #1071
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
I have played the psp version already. emulation is perfect.
Hmmm, sounds good. I just really want to play Metal Slug on a big screen.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #1072
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm, sounds good. I just really want to play Metal Slug on a big screen.
I would too, Peanut. If Sony could bring out a great psp to tv device not the ones out there, but an actual good one that easy to hook up that would be like awesome.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #1073
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Like a PS1?

I can't wait to get home this weekend to download Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario World on the shop channel. But then I gotta buy a classic controller.... I need to pick up another shift at work...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #1074
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

I'd say get it for PSP.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #1075
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
PS1? Are you on drugs?.
PS1 1/2?

Last edited by Mr. Snackpants; 02-06-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #1076
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
Like a PS1?

I can't wait to get home this weekend to download Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario World on the shop channel. But then I gotta buy a classic controller.... I need to pick up another shift at work...
dude don't bother wasting your money on mario world.. you can get it on snes so easy and also gba, save it and buy mario kart 64.. trust me on this.

Also, about Metal Slug Anthology on psp, the controls are reallly good. People said the controls aren't good on the wii version the way you can't use the classic controller..
Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #1077
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
dude don't bother wasting your money on mario world.. you can get it on snes so easy and also gba, save it and buy mario kart 64.. trust me on this.
Why should he spend potentially more money on the SNES version or GBA version of Super Mario World when he can just get it for only $8 on the Wii virtual console, complete with 1080p support? Don't talk about what you don't understand.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #1078
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Why should he spend potentially more money on the SNES version or GBA version of Super Mario World when he can just get it for only $8 on the Wii virtual console, complete with 1080p support? Don't talk about what you don't understand.

haha oh man I laughed my ass off, you made a goof, dude.

"complete with 1080p support" DOn't know what i am talking about? Dude, the wii can only support up to progressive scan 480p.

Ya but the snes version is a very common game to find anyways and so is the gba, however this is my opinion but if he doesnt' own the games, he is welcome to download em, in fact I am very pleased with nintendo for releasing some big hits really early.

Now I wish for earthbound and also maybe Chrono trigger.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #1079
Peanut
Second Gear

I meant 480p. I'm drunk, prick.

Oh, and you should probably report this one too.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #1080
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I got a bundle of 3 BC games for Xbox, for 8 bucks total:

Max Payne 2,
Scrapland (****ing terrible),
Jade Empire

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games