The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #201
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sony wants the deal with Disney to remain in place for the foreseeable future:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...o-come-a173336
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #202
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sony wants the deal with Disney to remain in place for the foreseeable future:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...o-come-a173336
I'm just very curious as to how they are going to explain the "universe melding". From all of the rumors so far, it points to Tom Holland's Spidey, Morbius, Venom now suddenly all occupying the same Universe because of the Spidey poster in Morbius and the appearance of Keaton's Vulture as well.

So basically the easiest thing to do would be to simply say that both Venom I and Morbius took place in the MCU without us knowing it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #203
AquaParade
Banned

Sort of gives me the warm & fuzzies. And I didn't even love FFH.

I really dug Spider-Man's role in Infinity War though. What John Watts did with Homecoming was fantastic, but I'd like to see someone else take a shot at directing now.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I'm just very curious as to how they are going to explain the "universe melding". From all of the rumors so far, it points to Tom Holland's Spidey, Morbius, Venom now suddenly all occupying the same Universe because of the Spidey poster in Morbius and the appearance of Keaton's Vulture as well.

So basically the easiest thing to do would be to simply say that both Venom I and Morbius took place in the MCU without us knowing it.
Yeah, that's exactly how I've always assumed they'd be going about it the whole while.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #205
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Spider-Man might be staying in the MCU, but does this news mean that Vulture and the Sinister Six won’t be appearing in the third movie? It’s possible that Michael Keaton could still do both and one of his parts in both franchises could be smaller than the other.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/michael...ks-1202966393/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 06-22-2020 at 10:02 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #206
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Spider-Man might be staying in the MCU, but does this news mean that Vulture and the Sinister Six won?t be appearing in the third movie? It?s possible that Michael Keaton could still do both and his one of his parts in both franchises could be smaller than the other.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/michael...ks-1202966393/
He can do both. Pretty sure the exclusivity contracts were debunked. You also have James Gunn directing for both companies now, which ensures the gates remain open even more.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:24 AM   #207
ZariusTwo
Overlord

JK Simmons was Commissioner Gordon in Justice League, and came back as Jameson for Far From Home
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:30 AM   #208
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
JK Simmons was Commissioner Gordon in Justice League, and came back as Jameson for Far From Home
Though that may or may not have happened because he was already recast in The Batman.

I don't feel like he made a good Gordon, though. I like the guy, but his range isn't that character.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #209
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though that may or may not have happened because he was already recast in The Batman.

I don't feel like he made a good Gordon, though. I like the guy, but his range isn't that character.
I agree and felt that was super odd casting. He stuck out like a sore thumb to me.Not that they gave him anything to do.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #211
AquaParade
Banned

I have nothing to add but need to express my confusion.

Edit: I'll just say that Hollywood Reporter are highly reliable in situations like this.

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-01-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #212
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What.

The.

FVCK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I have nothing to add but need to express my confusion.
I'll add something.

1. How credible is this? Because I say bull$hit until someone convinces me it's legit.

2. If it's legit, I guess we can chalk it up to more multiverse weirdness. Because multiverse stories are never not brought up out of desperation and lack of better ideas.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #213
Sumac
Banned

I have a feeling that MCU is ****ed.

Endgame was a truly Endgame for the series.
First, they've removed few characters who were a foundation of it and were "faces" of the franchise.
Second, it would be truly hard to match build up and conclusion of the Thanos arc.
Third, weird moves, like making TV series as opposed to movies as legit continuation of the MCU. And it feels like they don't have a solid strategy moving forward.
Fourth, COVID.

All those weird ideas is just attempts to feel their way to the new profitable strategy, which in my opinion is daring, but stupid, since they've already had a winning formula on their hands.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:29 PM   #214
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
1. How credible is this? Because I say bull$hit until someone convinces me it's legit.:
HR is reputable

One of the next movies after Black Widow is Doctor Strange 2, which deals with the multiverse, logic dictates they'll be more of that fall out in the Spidey movie afterwards, which referenced a multiverse in the previous movie and even had J.K Simmons back as Jameson.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #215
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

First, they've removed few characters who were a foundation of it and were "faces" of the franchise.
Second, it would be truly hard to match build up and conclusion of the Thanos arc.
Third, weird moves, like making TV series as opposed to movies as legit continuation of the MCU. And it feels like they don't have a solid strategy moving forward.
Fourth, COVID.

All those weird ideas is just attempts to feel their way to the new profitable strategy, which in my opinion is daring, but stupid, since they've already had a winning formula on their hands.
I wouldn't say the MCU is fvcked, but it's definitely not going to hold as much interest. We nerds (and it's difficult to tell how much of an audience there will be going forward without nerds) would be the most excited for Fantastic Four and X-Men news, done by Marvel proper and not Fox.

But instead, we're getting a suuuuuuuuuuper late Black Widow (which still hasn't happened now, thanks COVID) and Iron Man and Captain America are both gone for good. And also, Black Panther fvcking DIED. They've still got Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, of course, but... it definitely doesn't hold as much interest for me.

WandaVision looks too experimental and weird for my taste. And relegating Falcon, Winter Soldier, and She-Hulk all to TV instead of film feels like a downer. Honestly, I'm not convinced putting all those heavy hitters on TV and building a film roster around fvcking Shang-Chi and the Eternals is a good idea.

But it's Marvel, so I suppose it will all make money. Provided 2021 doesn't start off with an asteroid strike or whatever.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #216
sdp
-

Endgame is indeed the end of the MCU for many people, you'll see decreasing interest over the next few years with each film. The story arc that took a decade finished and people are ready to move on. Die hard fans and nerds will stay but all those girls who were into the MCU? Not likely, many loved actors are leaving and so is their interest. The MCU will continue and will do big bucks, but it wont' be able to be the same pop culture hit it was.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #217
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Well let's see...

Quote:
No more than the

Quote:
Most of those faces were previously B and C list heroes that they turned into A Listers and the foundation of Marvel. They made a star out of friggin' Ant-Man...let me repeat that for emphasis Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy a property even comic nerds largely didn't know who they were. What makes you think they can't do the same to characters like Shang Chi or the Eternals?

They've got Spider-Man 2, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, Thor 3 and Guardians 3 which are all practically guaranteed hits and further down the road they've Fantastic Four and the entire X-Men line to play with. A slate so fool proof you'd have to be WB to mess it up.

Quote:
They'll build up to something new. A few new things even, Wanda going crazy, Secret Invasion possibly Dark Avengers. Kang is rumoured.

Quote:
What weird movies?

Wandavision sets up Doctor Strange 2. I'm sure watching the series will help but the movie will still stand on it's own.

Likewise Nick Fury is going to set up Captain Marvel 2 but I doubt they'll make it that you can't understand one the movie unless you've watched the series.

Falcon & Winter Soldier will likely set up a movie too. Possibly another Avengers project.

Quote:
Fourth, COVID.
That will affect the entire industry not just Marvel.

Quote:
What weird ideas? What is different about their strategy now?
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #218
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I don't see Disney or Marvel losing money, but I'm gonna need something to hang my expectations on.

Infinity War / Endgame has been the goal since the end of Avengers 1 (which was the previous goal), and after that... what? Galactus? Kang? Magneto? Can we get something definite?

Yes, they're kicking off new heroes and new sagas, but at the moment, I'm much more invested in seeing closure*. I want Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and Black Widow (RIP, Natasha), and Scarlet Witch to finally be a badass.

The rest, well... it'll make money, but it won't necessarily be MY money.

*Until said big bad / big bad storyline gets namedropped. Then we'll see.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #219
raph27
Mad Scientist

I would assume this will be a new version of Electro yet played by a recurring actor, similar to J.K. Simmons with JJJ? With the reception that TASM2 got, it would be shocking (hehe) to bring back that specific character through some multiverse mumbo-jumbo.

A cynical part of me says that this was brought on after all the buzz of Keaton coming to the Flash movie...
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #220
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I would assume this will be a new version of Electro yet played by a recurring actor, similar to J.K. Simmons with JJJ? With the reception that TASM2 got, it would be shocking (hehe) to bring back that specific character through some multiverse mumbo-jumbo.
I dunno... JK Simmons as JJJ was a favorite of the original Spiderman movies.

Did anyone care about Jamie Foxx's Electro? Foxx is a great actor, make no mistake, but he played a $hitty Electro because a $hitty Electro is what was written for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
A cynical part of me says that this was brought on after all the buzz of Keaton coming to the Flash movie...
Not cynical at all, man. I mean, how ELSE does it happen?