The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #241
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't think the original Teen Titans is coming back, it's just promotional art work, they've already crossed over before and it's not trying to "make fun" of Go, it's just the humor of the show lends to them getting beat up by the originals. I'd love a new original Teen Titans show though, it's the cartoon that got me back into animation after growing out of them. I have only seen a little of Go but I find it has the same type of humor, just not the action since it's a comedy show but it's still good.

When it was airing most cartoons had a 52 episode limit and the few that got more only got 65. Things have changed now but that was pretty much the defacto standard. It was a success since it lasted for an extra season after the 52.

Teen Titans was a character driven show, the seasonal arc was only an extra, the term "filler" doesn't fit that show since it was designed that way. It's like calling every episode of The Simpsons filler besides a certain few.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #242
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I can certainly appreciate that artwork.
Just a little more violence and it would be perfect.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #243
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird that aside from Beast Boy, (and technically Robin/Nightwing who is Dick Grayson), that none of the other Teen Titans showed up on Young Justice.

It would be the perfect show to be more serious takes on the characters.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #244
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Have you guys watched the Teen Titans related DC Animated DTV's? They scratch that itch for a more serious version of the team - more than the original show, which wasn't exactly as serious as it even should have been - pretty well and have all five of the Titans from the show. Well, Cyborg is in Teen Titans vs Justice League, at least. He's primarily a Justice Leaguer now. Judas Contract is a little too compressed to effectively tell the Terra story but it's still a good looking film and pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Teen Titans had season long arcs, but aside from that there were plenty of stand-alone or filler type eps inbetween them. Of course a lot of eps focused on developing the characters of Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, or Cyborg...so people don't consider those filler. But even all the funny eps like the crazy Mad Mod eps can all be considered filler.
Interestingly, the standalone episodes are the ones I actually think worked. The "season arcs" - and I use quotations because calling them that is... kind of questionable - were often kind of weirdly done or not great. Most of the memorable episodes were the one offs that focused on given characters, as you mentioned.

It's a bit X-Files in that way; a lot of the best episodes in that one were monster of the week episodes, while the mythology got increasingly byzantine and incomprehensible.

Quote:
I am still mad that Starfire didn't get a villain story arc like the rest of them.
Most of her source material stuff came down to her origin - regarding slavery - and space stuff. Starfire had stories in the source material, but anything defining involved space. Space is typically a hard sell, with only a couple notable exceptions; Guardians of the Galaxy became one in recent times, but even now their comics don't always benefit from the new, higher profile, so it's hard to say whether or not it was just the movie that got away with it. I've seen a lot of people who got pissed about space arcs in team books like X-Men or whatever. I can see why they wouldn't have wanted a season around it.

Which is why they should have just done the TV movie as her thing instead of using it to go to Japan for full cringe. Maybe a "season arc" is a hard sell, but a DTV film would be a perfect length for that. It's still weird to me that they didn't do that.

Quote:
If the series had gone on, something tells me Starfire would've been the next Titan focused on, at least I think so.
From what's been said over the years it sounds like, had the series continued at all, they were probably taking it in a JLU direction with the newly expanded roster of teen heroes, so I'm not so sure about that.

Quote:
It's weird that aside from Beast Boy, (and technically Robin/Nightwing who is Dick Grayson), that none of the other Teen Titans showed up on Young Justice.
It's really not that weird. It's more bizarre Beast Boy showed up at all. None of the Titans characters were ever in or affiliated with Young Justice and none of them had legacies to exploit, which was the initial conceit of the show. When Beast Boy showed up with that atrocious design, I was kind of like "but why though".
Old 08-13-2017, 09:08 PM   #245
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Sadly, the TTGo characters would win in a fight due to them being wild and crazy illogical cartoon characters. They'd either survive everything the originals would throw at them just because, and they're probably drive them crazy by saying nothing but waffles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #246
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I am still mad that Starfire didn't get a villain story arc like the rest of them.
You know, you are so right about this. I never once thought about it. She didn't have a main villain story. I guess they never got around to it because she was the literal "alien" of the group.

I wonder what another season would've been like if they would've dedicated some of it to Starfire with her own nemesis. For her, it was always her sister that was her main nemesis.

Personally, I hated where Teen Titans ended and always hoped we would've gotten another season.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #247
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Sadly, the TTGo characters would win in a fight due to them being wild and crazy illogical cartoon characters. They'd either survive everything the originals would throw at them just because, and they're probably drive them crazy by saying nothing but waffles.
I'd hope they'd play "Night Begins to Shine", change into their awesome 80's inspired Mad Max look and things would get awesome.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Teen Titans started in 2003 when the anime craze was still big in the U.S. It's kind of interesting how much anime impacted U.S. shows when it was big here from about 1997-2005 or so.

We even had stuff like Avatar drawn to look like anime when it could have used more traditional western character animation.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #249
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Teen Titans started in 2003 when the anime craze was still big in the U.S. It's kind of interesting how much anime impacted U.S. shows when it was big here from about 1997-2005 or so.

We even had stuff like Avatar drawn to look like anime when it could have used more traditional western character animation.
I've always felt that Avatar still had a lot of American Animation in it, enough that it didn't feel as much like it was trying to deliberately ape anime as was in vogue at the time. But yeah, there was definitely an influence. It was, sadly, the trend at the time.

That was a good show, by the way, but man, I could never get into it and I've never been entirely sure why. For some reason, I think I just didn't connect with the characters.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #250
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually didn't watch Avatar all the way till like 2014, an entire decade after it came out. When the show was first airing I didn't really think much about it so I never watched it. I always heard about it online though so it was always in the back of my mind.

I watched the whole show as an adult, I wonder if my thoughts on it would have been different if I saw it when I was a teenager when it was first airing.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #251
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Teen Titans Go! is getting a movie that's coming to theaters in 2018: http://screenrant.com/teen-titans-go...m-summer-2018/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #252
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Teen Titans Go! is getting a movie that's coming to theaters in 2018: http://screenrant.com/teen-titans-go...m-summer-2018/

I'm ... honestly shocked.

People hate this show, and it's receiving low ratings, so why on Earth is it getting a theatrical film release?

I ... don't understand Cartoon Network sometimes.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #253
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
People hate this show, and it's receiving low ratings, so why on Earth is it getting a theatrical film release?
Low ratings? How could it possibly get low ratings? People eat it up! It's on 24/7!

Anyway HOLY MOLY that's insane.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:29 PM   #254
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yes! I hope it's awesome!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #255
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I'm actually looking forward to this too. The show had a lot of trouble finding its footing in the first season but it's been getting much more comfortable with itself lately. I guess the plot will have to be a lot less superficial than the episodes' normally are but this could turn out fairly well.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #256
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's kinda funny how the original Teen Titans only lasted 65 episodes. CN decided to end it back in 2006 despite it still being popular at the time. I always imagined the original Teen Titans could have gone on for 100 episodes or more, but it's very short in comparison.
Just like that classic amazing show Bravestarr, It also got 65 episodes and a movie.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #257
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Too... many... Sonic... photos.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that a movie is being made. It's easily the most profitable show on Cartoon Network, even if it airs way too much. Nevertheless, I am a bit curious about what this will be about; probably a rental for me.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #258
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

As much as I love the show, I can agree that it's on too much. I'd like some Steven Universe reruns and Regular show back on and whatnot.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #259
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
As much as I love the show, I can agree that it's on too much. I'd like some Steven Universe reruns and Regular show back on and whatnot.
I think I'd like watching Teen Titan Go a little bit more if it wasn't on TV that much. It's pretty much the same issue many people have/had (depending on viewpoint) with Spongebob on Nick for me, at least.

It's something I can watch to pass the time if a bit bored with nothing better on TV at the time. I do wish though that there was some more Regular Show on; I know it ended earlier this year, but I'd love to watch it some more. (I'm a cheap guy with money right now DVD-wise. )
Old 09-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #260
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Regular Show is just a very strange situation. It ended and then never got mentioned again, like it never existed.

Tags
tothecucks