The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #101
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

For some reason, I have hardly ever been asked "are you getting married/having kids/blah blah blah". And if I have, I've forgotten it.
And I think among family, I have discussed wanting kids, but naturally having to put that aside for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I've spent the last half year working at Kohls in the children's department, which is right next to the bathroom, at the back of the store. My most commonly asked question, besides "where's customer service?" (at the front of the store), is "where's the bathroom?". The bathroom that is right behind them where they should have been able to see the sign that it was there.

Same with looking for the price checker with my department. Granted, that one has a gray sign and is a little hard to identify. And hiding.

Thus, I vow never to ask a retail worker "where is the bathroom?" unless it is completely and entirely lost to me. Like a hardware store. I can never find them in hardware stores...
Wow, I really joined when I was still working at Kohls? It seems so long ago now...and I have now had to ask people where bathrooms are...
Old 05-11-2017, 11:32 PM   #102
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"How was work today?"

I've been busy trying to forget it, not relive it.
I wish I could have thought of the same response when my mother would ask me how school is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
"Hi, do you work here?"
Ugh. That question is the bane of my existence. It really isn't that hard to determine whether or not a person works at a place. The ones who do tend to wear uniforms, or at least a name tag. So just look for a name tag instead, before asking me "do you work here?". If you see one, then you can feel free to ask for their help. If you don't, move the hell on and find someone else who does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Do you have kids? As if its their business whether I have procreated or not. Seriously why would someone care if I have kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Oh god, that question. I only tend to get it from co-workers, usually fellow women, who I guess just want to get to know me, but at this age they tend to react a little surprised that I don't and not married. *cringe*

Hey, life doesn't always happen the way you wanted or hoped and I'm not the 'settling' type, so things are what they are right now. But I ain't dead yet, so...

Last time I heard that question was from one of our new team leads. Fortunately she didn't react much to it, but suggested that well, there's always adoption and talked about her own plans to adopt at least one someday. (Seems she's adopted herself.) Though while that is all well and good, I'm just not much of the maternal type and not sure I could connect well enough with an adopted child (nor do I have the best 'attachment' with others myself)...and if I couldn't, I wouldn't want a kid to have go through life lacking in that department. Not that I'm in any financial or life position to take on that challenge anyhow.
I'm a guy, and at a place I used to work, I used to get pestered by female co-workers about having kids, and they'd tell me I need to have kids. Well first, I'd have to find a woman brave enough to help me make that happen. One of them told me I should have already been married with kids by then, and I was in my early 30s at the time.

For the record, I'm no longer interested in having kids. Where I worked at the time just shot any desire to have any kids to hell. It was a health center by the way. Sometime before that, I worked at a department store.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #103
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Why are you so sharply dressed?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:43 AM   #104
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Why are you so sharply dressed?
I get that all the time. People think Im going for parties when in reality, I stay home most of the time but still like to dress nicely.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #105
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
omg asl. That brings back memories. The very first time someone ever asked me that, I was like 7 and I thought they were asking so they could kidnap me or something and I blocked them immediately for asking it lmfao
Did you parents monitor what you were doing on the Internet at that age?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #106
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Did you parents monitor what you were doing on the Internet at that age?
No lmao

They'd ask what I did when I was done and I told them about it though
Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #107
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
"Hi, do you work here?"
I get that all the time from old ladies at the craft store. You've never seen a man in the scrapbooking isle before? I need fancy paper; I don't know where the bobbins are.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #108
Stephen
Hench Mutant

I had a guy in high school, that for some reason, keep pestering me, trying to find out what my middle name was. That went on for several weeks.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #109
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
I had a guy in high school, that for some reason, keep pestering me, trying to find out what my middle name was. That went on for several weeks.
I don't think anyone's ever done this to me about my middle name, but all throughout school people would find some question to ask me that I didn't want to answer and they'd just keep asking it and asking it and asking it.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #110
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I've been asked if I was a dwarf because of being short. No, I would have to be even shorter to classify as that size.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 AM   #111
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I don't think anyone's ever done this to me about my middle name, but all throughout school people would find some question to ask me that I didn't want to answer and they'd just keep asking it and asking it and asking it.
I'd get that too. One was whether or not I was a virgin. The question always seemed so random, and sort of insulting because I figured I knew what they were trying to insinuate.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #112
Prowler
Emperor

Me: "I don't smoke weed."

Them: "Oh so you're against it?"

No, idiots. Just because I don't partake in something doesn't mean I'm against other people doing it. Not everything is about being pro or against something, for God's sake. I simply don't find smoking pot interesting.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #113
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I'd get that too. One was whether or not I was a virgin. The question always seemed so random, and sort of insulting because I figured I knew what they were trying to insinuate.
Oh man I got that one too before I even knew what the word meant, so when I understandably responded with "I don't know what that means" everyone thought it was funny.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #114
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh man I got that one too before I even knew what the word meant, so when I understandably responded with "I don't know what that means" everyone thought it was funny.
Were people attempting to make you feel guilty about it and trying to pressure you into having sex?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #115
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Were people attempting to make you feel guilty about it and trying to pressure you into having sex?
No, they just wanted to ask me a question I didn't know the meaning of. I was in middle school at the time. I didn't have any interest in that ****.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #116
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

No, idiots. Just because I don't partake in something doesn't mean I'm against other people doing it. Not everything is about being pro or against something, for God's sake. I simply don't find smoking pot interesting.

Don't feel bad. I get the same response when I give that answer if it comes up. In my case, when they ask if I'm against it I say "no, I'm ALLERGIC!!" and they give me this dumbfounded look as if they never even imagined that was even POSSIBLE! Like they never thought someone might actually have a legitimate physical/medical reason for avoiding it??!! Blows their minds every time.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #117
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

That almost sounds like how I've been questioned about not liking rap when I manifest an interest in rock music. You know, because it's not possible to be a fan of both.

Quote:
I've known damn well just what it meant, long before seventh grade. I've gotten asked about it in junior high, but I was asked that more often in high school. It's probably because I was known for being quiet, and some have said that they find me to be shy. Some have even said that they've never seen me talk to any girls. So they probably figured that someone like me wouldn't be getting laid. When I did get asked though, I'd normally tell people that it's private. Some people would leave it at that, while others would pry. There was this one time where a guy asked me that out of the blue, but I asked him "what if I am? Did you want to take it away from me?". So he took that to mean that I wasn't. I only admitted it to people who I thought I could trust. I once made a girl's day by admitting it too her, since she said that she never thought any guy would admit that he's a virgin. Looking back at it though, I'm glad that I stayed a virgin throughout high school. There were two girls in my grade who started high school with me, but didn't come back for junior year. I learned they had both gotten pregnant. Then, this guy in my grade mentioned having a daughter, and this was when we were both juniors. Now if I had knocked up a girl before I finished high school, I imagine my mother would have killed me. The girl's father would have killed me even harder, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Don't feel bad. I get the same response when I give that answer if it comes up. In my case, when they ask if I'm against it I say "no, I'm ALLERGIC!!" and they give me this dumbfounded look as if they never even imagined that was even POSSIBLE! Like they never thought someone might actually have a legitimate physical/medical reason for avoiding it??!! Blows their minds every time.
Even I never thought it was possible, and I've never cared to smoke pot.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:34 AM   #118
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Now if I had knocked up a girl before I finished high school, I imagine my mother would have killed me. The girl's father would have killed me even harder, and rightfully so.
Even if that would be a bit one-sided, since it's a two-way process.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #119
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

My brother did that when he was in high school but abortions were legal where we lived and that's what his girlfriend and him agreed was best. I think he was like 15 or 16 at the time. I didn't even know it happened until I was way older and I have no idea how my parents reacted.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #120
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
"Hi, do you work here?"
Ya know that happened to me one time when I went to Blick's in a Blick shirt.
NOW some background, my community college I went to gave free shirts and coupons the first week of school, but only on the 6th floor, which was the art floor (being in Architecture programs thats usually the floor I would be on).
Fast forward about a month later and I go to Blicks to pick up some inking pens. Then Like 3 people come up to me and ask where stuff is. Considering I was always picking up drawing tools I knew where everything was, and then I realized it was because of my shirt . The 4th person to ask me I said "Yeah stationary is on the next isle... But I don't work here" I'm sure some of the employees got a kick out of the whole thing.