The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #5601
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ho8gEHtL1o2bu/giphy.gif

There's really no need for this, guy. I'm glad you liked it, but those who didn't have perfectly valid reasons for not enjoying the thing. Don't go projecting motives on people just because you don't understand their perspective; it's disrespectful as hell.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably about half of these plants are either crew or even cast from the movie or just supplied with enough cliff notes to rave about the movie. They aren't actually mad at us, they're just mad we're not feeding into it as much as we're supposed to.

The whole, if 1 person says it's a great movie, a casual onlooker won't care. If 5, or 10 do? Casual onlookers take note.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:27 PM   #5602
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Old 06-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #5603
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ho8gEHtL1o2bu/giphy.gif

There's really no need for this, guy. I'm glad you liked it, but those who didn't have perfectly valid reasons for not enjoying the thing. Don't go projecting motives on people just because you don't understand their perspective; it's disrespectful as hell.
I'm not saying there aren't valid reaaons. I'm saying alot of them went into the movie hating it. And when you make up your mind on something like that there is no changing there opinions these people should justbface that these movies aren't for them. And stop trying to act as if those who do enjoy these movie are some how below them some how.

Nothing is worse then some pretentious ass posting photos belittling others because they dont agree with them.

Just saying. There are people who really truly enjoy and love these movies and that's OK that does not make the plants it makes them fans. Fans of something they enjoy. And sure people can keep being a prick and make a fans site of all places the last place a fan wants to be.

But no skin off my bone I enjoyed it and so did alot of people from the looks of it. So meh people can keep being jerks.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #5604
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The fact that it's still getting generally negative reviews says otherwise.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #5605
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
All the TMNT movies have negative reviews. The first TMNT movie from 1990 was panned by critics and its a great movie.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #5606
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Says otherwise to what? It has an A- Cinemascore...are you having trouble with basic facts?

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
Old 06-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #5607
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
Spidey was there because Tony wanted some sort of edge. That edge was the unpredictability of the new kid.

Iron Man would show up where?

Wanda clearly had virtually no control of her powers then. I think she meant to contain the blast but instead augmented it. And she lifted him up to get him away from Cap and bystanders; there was not any open space from what I recall (except for up!).

And Civil War deserves all the credit it gets in my opinion. But I agree, the Avengers movies were pretty stupid, and I don't get the huge praise the first one gets.
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation