The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #101
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
As for your last question on whether or not a average citizen needs an AR 15 to defend themselves I personally say no. I'm okay with citizens owning guns such as rifles, pistols and shotguns and I'm also okay with conceal or open carry but I'm sorry I don't see why an average person needs an AR-15. Also I think we need to make it harder for people to buy guns.
If anyone needs a firearm as AR-15 for home defense they gotta be a really crappy shooter though, and doesn't take the responsibility to be able to aim and fire their weapon accurately with any ounce of respect.

Seems more it's a weapon to have lying around on the off chance when a homeintruder do happen you can finally live out your Rambo Macho Fantasy and use "self-defense" as a excuse to spray your home full of bullets and maybe hit whoever entered your home. Red bandanna and baby oil included.

Someone that actually knows guns, knows how guns work, respect the destruction a firearm can and will do, should be able to defend their home which is most likely a closed and narrow space to begin with, use a handgun.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #102
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I know jack-all about guns, again because being someone with a mental illness that's had a history of suicidal ideation means I keep away from them for my own safety, but from what I understand this particular weapon that everyone's fighting over is the firearm equivalent of a cool toy.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #103
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
from what I understand this particular weapon that everyone's fighting over is the firearm equivalent of a cool toy.
The AR-15? As far as I'm aware, it's basically a semi-automatic variation of an M-16. It's a weapon designed to kill people. So it's no surprise it's frequently used in mass shootings.
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #104
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

6 reasons your right wing buddy is never going to budge on gun control:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/06/...e-gun-control/

Seems about right. Not perfect, but close.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #105
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
6 reasons your right wing buddy is never going to budge on gun control:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/06/...e-gun-control/

Seems about right. Not perfect, but close.
Wow, that person is creepy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #106
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

It seemed somewhat reasonable as far as these sort of articles go right up until the last two - and at least it admits that they don't come to the table in good faith - but that's a whole thing I don't feel like talking about right now.

I genuinely wish second amendment defenders put as much time and effort into defending the fourth too. Maybe then we could get back to a place where getting on an airplane isn't a gigantic hassle where you show them everything but your privates (and they might even see those with some of the machines they have).